Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog call for ringtone

Started by donstoy, September 10, 2009, 11:57:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

donstoy

Hey, does anyone know how i can get the hog call as my ring tone on my iphone? I got the ihog apt. today and its cool as heck. Thanks!

The Power Of Pork

http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/784/sony-ericsson-k750-ringtones/0-4-1-1-HOG%20CALL/?searchphr=HOG%20CALL&searchcat=ringtones&sug-search=0   ;D

I don't know how to put a number to our level of puckered but I will say that most folks in here are puckered up to a level if they farted only a well trained dog could hear it.~ The OTR

bhshawgfan

riccoar

1. Click Get Ringtone
2. Click Mobile Web to have it sent directly to your phone.  follow directions
or
3. Click PC Download to save to your PC.  follow directions

I did #3 because I just hook my phone to my PC and add my songs and crap all the time that way.

Sow Lancelot

Use any recording you can find and go to www.makeownringtone.com.  Upload your song and cut out the part you want to use as the ringtone.  I bluetooth mine and it works well.  Can't be too large on my phone-don't know what yours will handle.  If you need to shrink it, download Switch.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

1highhog

The Power of Pork-Man, you got me on that one.  That's not the Hog Call, I can't believe they have that crap on there as a Ringtone.

SquidBilly

LRCentralTiger

Will these ringtones work on an iPhone?  Are they the same format or does Apple control that too?

OnYourToes

I use

audiko.net

Good search feature and easy to add to iTunes.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

cwby676

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on September 11, 2009, 08:08:10 am
Will these ringtones work on an iPhone?  Are they the same format or does Apple control that too?

No. You have to change the format.

Here's how. Hope it helps.

1- Add the ringtone to your music library in itunes.
2- Right click on the song.
3- Go to "Create AAC Version".
4- Then right click on the new copy it makes.
5- Go to show in "Show in windows Explorer".
6- In the new window click on "tools at the top.
    Then folder options.
7- In folder options click on "View" again and uncheck "hide Extensions For 
    Known Files.
8- Hit "Apply" then "Ok".
9- Right click on song in windows and rename.
10- Change the song from m4a to m4r.
11- Then double click the song and it will send it to you ringtones in itunes.
12- Then just sync your phone.

I hope that helps. Its not as hard as it sounds and you never have to buy a ringtone again. If anyone knows another way i would love to hear about it, But it,s the only way i have found.

cwby676

I forgot. After you change it to a m4r a warning will pop up saying it may not work and are you sure. Just say yes. It will not hurt the original.

OnYourToes

Quote from: cwby676 on September 11, 2009, 08:37:18 am

Then folder options.
    Known Files.

I hope that helps. Its not as hard as it sounds and you never have to buy a ringtone again. If anyone knows another way i would love to hear about it, But it,s the only way i have found.

Using a 3rd party website like the ones posted and linked above takes all that hassle out of making and importing ringtones.

One site even has a feature to choose your own song and cut it where you want it cut then it downloads to iTunes ringtown folder automatically.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

UAfanatic

can you find one without the werewolves of London Bark?

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: cwby676 on September 11, 2009, 08:37:18 am

Then folder options.
    Known Files.

Thanks for passing that info along.  I love my iPhone but I am not a big Apple iTunes fan.

reds10

"if" your phone handles mp3's then just downlaod to your computer, upload to your phone, and set as your ringtone.

simple :)

jep_hog_fan

I got the marching  band's Hog Call from Limewire for free. It playes the Fight Song afterwards. Opened itunes and added it to playlist. Synced it to my phone. Haven't tried to set as ringtone. Would now, but sent it off today because of leaking battery.

ultim8hogfan

Quote from: reds10 on September 11, 2009, 12:19:33 pm
"if" your phone handles mp3's then just downlaod to your computer, upload to your phone, and set as your ringtone.

iphones handle mp3's, but only play them as songs.  if you want to use them as ringtones (on an iphone), you have to cut the length of the song to a maximum of 40 seconds, and convert it to the previously mentioned m4r format.  i have a mac, and installed on my computer is a program called GarageBand that i can import songs from itunes, cut them down to ringtone size, and then it automatically converts and imports them back into itunes as ringtones.  i'm sure there are other programs out there for non-mac users.
if we do not succeed, we run the risk of failure

hogwild32

www.myxer.com.

As long as you choose the ones that have $0.00 beside them.  You wont be billed for anything. 

I downloaded the Hog Call a couple of months back from that site.

Also, it's pretty easy to do.  The website walks you through the process.

mtnmusic

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on September 11, 2009, 07:38:16 pm
I got the marching  band's Hog Call from Limewire for free. It playes the Fight Song afterwards. Opened itunes and added it to playlist. Synced it to my phone. Haven't tried to set as ringtone. Would now, but sent it off today because of leaking battery.
I use the fight song as a ringtone and draw a crowd (sometimes dirty looks) here in Texas everytime I get a call in a public place.

BloodRedHog

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on September 11, 2009, 09:40:29 am
Thanks for passing that info along.  I love my iPhone but I am not a big Apple iTunes fan.

It worked. Thank you. Even worked on new iTunes version 9.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Razorback FAN

I must be dumb as a rock!! I had the ringtone since I got my first smartphone. I let my smartphone delete duplicates... It reminded me why I hate smart phones!! I lost my Razorback ringtone!! I've tried the posted suggestions. Does anyone have any new/updated suggestions?? Please help!! I can't stand any of the Verizon standard choices!!

Razorback FAN

Btw, I don't have an iPhone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. I see most of these suggestions are for iPhones.