Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bubble Time

Started by Adam Stokes, February 07, 2018, 12:10:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davril98

I think 7 seed with a loss.
6 seed if we beat Florida and make it to the finals but lose.
5 seed only if we win the whole thing.
I mean, a loss in the finals puts us at what, 24-11 I think? A 5 seed means you're a top 20 team and it doesn't seem we've sniffed that all year.

GuvHog

Quote from: davril98 on March 09, 2018, 06:56:48 am
I think 7 seed with a loss.
6 seed if we beat Florida and make it to the finals but lose.
5 seed only if we win the whole thing.
I mean, a loss in the finals puts us at what, 24-11 I think? A 5 seed means you're a top 20 team and it doesn't seem we've sniffed that all year.

My guess is the Hogs seed in the NCAA Tournament is already locked in.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

raz1965

I would doubt all seeds are set, will be few teams playing into the weekend an surely the committee will be prepared to make a few adjustments without much of a problrm.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: GuvHog on March 09, 2018, 07:49:54 am

So if we beat Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn and add three Q1 wins, our seed would be the same as if we lost to Florida?

razorback1829

Quote from: GuvHog on March 09, 2018, 07:49:54 am

Yea if we beat Florida, Tennessee, and let's say Auburn again for fun, we won't move up huh? You're just wrong sir lol.

Adam Stokes

March 09, 2018, 10:22:37 am #105 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:54:50 pm by Adam Stokes
Friday results and Friday matchups:

---- 5 Seeds ----
+30 Gonzaga
+29 L Clemson vs #1 Virginia
+28 W Kentucky vs Georgia
+27 Ohio State
---- 6 Seeds ----
+26 L Florida vs Arkansas
+25 W Houston vs UCF
+24 Miami FL
+23 W Arkansas vs #23 Florida
---- 7 Seeds ----
+22 TCU
+21 Texas A&M
+20 L Nevada vs San Diego State
+19 Seton Hall
---- 8 Seeds ----
+18 W Rhode Island vs VCU
+17 Missouri
+16 Virginia Tech
+15 L Butler vs #1 Villanova
---- 9 Seeds ----
+14 Creighton
+13 L Kansas State vs #9 Kansas
+12 W St Bonaventure vs Richmond
+11 NC State
--- 10 Seeds ----
+10 Florida State
+9 L UCLA vs #15 Arizona
+8 Oklahoma
+7 W Providence vs #3 Xavier
--- 11 Seeds ----
+6 USC vs Oregon
+5 Texas
+4 St Mary's
+3 W Alabama vs #16 Auburn 
+2 Arizona State 
+1 Louisville

---- Bubble Line ----

-1 Middle Tennessee State 
-2 Baylor
-3 Oklahoma State
-4 Syracuse
-5 Marquette
-6 L Mississippi State vs #13 Tennessee

Italics - teams that have no more games through Selection Sunday. Can't act; only be acted upon

yraciv

Middle Tennessee's three best wins: Murray State, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion. Two Quadrant 3 losses, one Quadrant 4 loss.

I don't think that gets it done.

Hogs49ers

Hogs moved up to the last 6th seed spot on Bracketmatrix! Jumped A&M and TCU, so if we beat Florida today, I would say we should be locked in for the 6th seed.

SCREW Vandy!

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 09, 2018, 01:03:07 pm
Hogs moved up to the last 6th seed spot on Bracketmatrix! Jumped A&M and TCU, so if we beat Florida today, I would say we should be locked in for the 6th seed.

Finally passed TCU. They made no attempt to play anyone in non conference. Beat Nevada and lost to Vandy in the Big12/SEC challenge. 9-9 in conference and lost in the quarters. They have no business being a 6 seed.

Adam Stokes

Updated with the new brackets, crept into the 6 seed. Check how close the teams are.

---6 Seed---
5.39 Florida
6.1 Houston
6.49 Miami (FLA.)
6.59 Arkansas
---7 Seed---
6.68 TCU
6.69 Texas A&M
6.79 Nevada
7.34 Seton Hall
---8 Seed---

Five teams within .3 seeds? That means it is a crap shoot for anyone in there. If we were to lose to Florida we will essentially be set as a 7 seed. Big gap between us and Florida, we might not jump them with a win.

Razorback_Mack

Palm now has us as a 5 seed

davril98

Sdsu dumping Nevada right now

Adam Stokes

March 09, 2018, 10:58:31 pm #112 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 11:13:32 pm by Adam Stokes
We just clinched a 6 seed as our floor. I think we'll move up to the 25/26 spot. Losing to Tennessee won't knock us down enough, and there aren't any teams below us with the potential to pass us up.

Beating Tennessee will get us as a 5 seed on a lot of boards. Might be able to hold it with a loss to Kentucky, not so with Bama. I still think 5 is our ceiling even with a win in the final. In the perfect world we'll get the 5 seed but show up #26 in the AP/Coaches polls.

Adam Stokes

Not many games left out there, only ones that really affect us today are Kentucky vs Alabama and Houston vs Wichita State.

Still didn't catch Florida as I suspected. Look at that seed gap to get into the 5 seed. We could beat Tennessee and still not catch up to Ohio State. Same goes for Houston. Houston is probably locked in at #6 regardless of how today goes for them.

My Predictions

6 Seed - Lose to Tenner
6 Seed - Beat Tenner and lose in final to either UK or Alabama
5 Seed - Win SEC Championship

Was thinking that we could beat Tenner and lose to UK in the final and still have a 5 seed, but I'm just not seeing it with how big a gap there is. We may jump up on a lot of boards to a 5 with a win tonight, but would be hard to hold it with a loss tomorrow. I'm rooting for Bama because I still think they would be an easier out in the final.

Saturday results and matchups:

---- 5 Seeds ----
4.66 Gonzaga
4.83 Clemson
5.05 Kentucky vs Alabama
5.28 Ohio State
---- 6 Seeds ----
5.88 Florida
6.03 Arkansas vs #13 Tennessee
6.12 Houston vs #11 Wichita State
6.52 Miami FL
---- 7 Seeds ----
6.64 TCU
6.72 Texas A&M
7.29 Seton Hall
7.55 Rhode Island vs St Joes
---- 8 Seeds ----
7.69 Nevada
8.4 Virginia Tech
8.59  Missouri
8.81 Providence vs #2 Villanova
---- 9 Seeds ----
9.03 Creighton
9.21 Butler
9.26 St Bonaventure vs Davidson
9.29 Kansas State
--- 10 Seeds ----
9.45 Alabama vs Kentucky
9.51 NC State vs #15 Arizona
9.83 Florida State
9.93  USC vs #15 Arizona
--- 11 Seeds ----
10.16 UCLA
10.18 Oklahoma 
10.49 Texas
10.65 St Mary's
10.89 Arizona State 

---- Bubble Line ----

-1 Louisville
-2 Syracuse
-3 Middle Tennessee State
-4 Oklahoma State
-5 Baylor
-6 Marquette

Italics - teams that have no more games through Selection Sunday. Can't act; only be acted upon.

RaisinHog

Do we want Houston too beat WS or no?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 10, 2018, 12:46:51 pm
Do we want Houston too beat WS or no?

I'd still root against them just in case we are both 6 seeds. If that's the case I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) whichever team is higher on the S-curve gets the geographic preference in locations. Since Houston is close to us we'd both likely be fighting for the Dallas spots.

RaisinHog

Ehh I'm out I can't Wichita State .. they are always over rated

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 10, 2018, 12:49:42 pm
I'd still root against them just in case we are both 6 seeds. If that's the case I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) whichever team is higher on the S-curve gets the geographic preference in locations. Since Houston is close to us we'd both likely be fighting for the Dallas spots.

Thanks for the hard work.

99toLife

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 10, 2018, 12:51:13 pm
Ehh I'm out I can't Wichita State .. they are always over rated
Maybe but their recent history is way above ours in the NCAAT..

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 10, 2018, 12:37:22 pm
---- 6 Seeds ----
5.88 Florida
6.03 Arkansas vs #13 Tennessee
6.12 Houston vs #11 Wichita State
6.52 Miami FL

Highlighting this only so I can look at it again. Great work on all this, Adam.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ShadowHawg

Quote from: 99toLife on March 10, 2018, 01:12:28 pm
Maybe but their recent history is way above ours in the NCAAT..

Their "run" goes back to 2012. They have made it out of the first weekend twice.

la20688

So as it sits right now, we appear to be a solid 6 seed, which would match us up with an 11 seed. Would not be surprised to see Texas in the first round.

daprospecta

Quote from: la20688 on March 10, 2018, 07:35:16 pm
So as it sits right now, we appear to be a solid 6 seed, which would match us up with an 11 seed. Would not be surprised to see Texas in the first round.
Texas does not scare me this year. Their offense is lacking.  I honestly think we'd mop the floor with them especially on 3+ days rest.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Location-wise I'm really hoping for that 6 seed spot, with games in either Dallas, Nashville or Wichita. Had we won and bumped up to a 5 then we're playing in Boise or San Diego. Had we lost to Florida (or even still yet a possibility) and dropped to a 7 seed, we could be playing in Pittsburgh or worse, Charlotte vs UNC *again*

Adam Stokes

March 11, 2018, 07:36:47 am #124 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:00:31 am by Adam Stokes
Lunardi has us as a 7 seed this morning. He must've had us as the lowest 6 seed when most people people had us a little higher. I think he is overrating TCU. Most others still have us at 6.