Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listening to Bo's show. could this be true?

Started by forrest city joe, November 10, 2017, 03:46:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Joe I'm sitting here at Delta Q about to eat some catfish right here in Forrest city.  If it ain't good I'm holding you responsible for it.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hobhog on November 10, 2017, 05:28:11 pm
Wow. So you really think the only reason people didn't go to last game was the coach? And people will pack the MSU game if he's fired?

Actually, I think he could be right....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 10, 2017, 04:00:15 pm
What's the point of firing him before the season's over?
Early signing period that begins this year
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 10, 2017, 04:07:16 pm
.....Les Miles

LOL...dude has Alzheimer's....talking on the show the other day...couldn't even speak.....OMG!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 10, 2017, 05:37:16 pm
Joe I'm sitting here at Delta Q about to eat some catfish right here in Forrest city.  If it ain't good I'm holding you responsible for it.

Been there several times. All good when I went there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike Irwin

CareBear

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 03:57:17 pm
Im trying to get it going where we fire him after LSU and then have a player appreciation game with MSU.  That way fans can pack the stadium and not worry about BB.  Just have everyone show up and show the team that the fans are behind them knowing a new guy will coach them next year.
I suspect that would be a cathartic moment for all fans of the program both in the stadium & around the world. I'm not beholden to any coach or AD...especially these two guys who don't seem to get it yet. They have had 5 yrs to show us something to grasp onto for hope. They failed. It's been like Groundhogs Day ever since CBB arrived. Meltdowns during games, excuses, deflection of blame, scapegoating others, propaganda, sacrificing assistants, playing favorites whilst not playing the guys who are game changers until Bert is forced to by happenstance...then taking credit ala HDN when a guy like TJ Hammonds finally gets the rock.
Time for change my friends. Yes it can be scary, but often good things come out of that change. I know that I have dealt with some changes in my personal life this year that were not fun to go through to put it lightly, but I used the pain as motivation & a year on I have good things in the works. I am a stronger, wiser man for having gone through those sh*t storms. Nuttin but love y'all <3

Al Boarland

Quote from: grayhawg on November 10, 2017, 04:25:56 pm
I think Bielema is gone and I think he knows it, and it wouldn't suprise me if we already have his replacement hired just waiting for the season to end.

It would surprise me. More jobs could open up and if the coach is going to be in demand I'm sure we would wait for him to make a decision while working on the rest of the list.

swineology

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 10, 2017, 03:46:58 pm
A caller called in and said he had heard a rumor that if the Hogs get blown out by Lsu,coach B could be fired on Sunday.he ask Bo had he heard anything about that.and i was shocked to hear Bo say that he will not rule out anything.he said he does not like to deal in rumors.but he did not rule this out. will coach B be fired if the Hogs get blown out against LSU.and who would be the  interim coach for the last 2 games?will it be Rhodes or Enos?

Hogs win, CBB comes back next year.
Hogs get blown out CBB coaches against Misstake

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

elksnort

What worries me more is the case that if we win out, he gets to stay.
I can not and will not root against the hogs.

Surely, the descision has been made as some have assured that out has.

Acehawg

It's only 2 more weeks, firing a coach during the season does nothing but scare potential candidates off.  Let him finish the season with some dignity and it show that we gave him every opportunity to succeed. 

He won't win another game, but he was given a chance.

elksnort

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 04:16:57 pm
Then how about the question, what would attendance be for MSU with or without BB?

I'd say 30K with him, 70K w/out him.
I AGREE with your take/plan regarding this.
It will provide some hope, enthusiasm and energy for the remaining games.
As it is now, I am pulling for the hogs and hoping my wishes don't allow the guy to stay.

RagingHawgOn

A caller called in and said he had heard a rumor that if the Hogs get blown out by Lsu,coach B could be fired on Sunday.he ask Bo had he heard anything about that.and i was shocked to hear Bo say that he will not rule out anything.he said he does not like to deal in rumors.but he did not rule this out. will coach B be fired if the Hogs get blown out against LSU.and who would be the  interim coach for the last 2 games?will it be Rhodes or Enos?

Haven't read thread but three things come to mind:

1. FCJ - here to promote MA by bashing BB
2. Rumor - from a CALLER
3. Bo had the fence post exactly where it always is

I've never been more disgusted in Hog "fans."

Hey, in case it matters, our guys have a GAME in 15.5 hours. Get on board or get off message boards!

WPS

farmhawg

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 10, 2017, 06:28:13 pm

2. Rumor - from a CALLER

Hey, in case it matters, our guys have a GAME in 15.5 hours. Get on board or get off message boards!

WPS

Poor thing....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RagingHawgOn

code red

Em em em.  Yep..... microwave world.  It's gonna take years to restore this football program but yeah whatever.  Bo.  Is typically.  Trolling for callers.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: hobhog on November 10, 2017, 05:28:11 pm
Wow. So you really think the only reason people didn't go to last game was the coach? And people will pack the MSU game if he's fired?
it's the worst Razorback product in over 20 years. That's why.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

farmhawg

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 10, 2017, 06:32:40 pm
Expected from you
Yep, it's the fans you should be disgusted with....not the ** product on the field. Amazing how you have a completely demented view.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Acehawg on November 10, 2017, 06:23:13 pm
It's only 2 more weeks, firing a coach during the season does nothing but scare potential candidates off.  Let him finish the season with some dignity and it show that we gave him every opportunity to succeed. 

He won't win another game, but he was given a chance.

Unless you have a bigger one in store....remember how the Petrino deal went.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: farmhawg on November 10, 2017, 06:38:17 pm
Yep, it's the fans you should be disgusted with....not the ** product on the field. Amazing how you have a completely demented view.
Again, expected from you.

BigMikehogg

The reasoning of not firing him now is his contract states he cannot be fired during a season.This would cause a buyout of the full 15 million dollars instead of firing him at the end of the season....but the way it looks is that he only has 15 more days of employment at Arkansas.

Hawgphish

I think the BOT told Long no more embarrassments. 

JJHog

For the umpteenth time , Long will not fire a coach during the season
" Think Right, Do Right"

Justagp

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 10, 2017, 04:18:24 pm
It seems like the urgency to see Bert fired yesterday is rooted in the fear that he won't be fired. 

I think he's a dead man walking, I have no fear that he will be gone after the season is over.

We just have to endure 3 more games of BertBall
Yes, you nailed it. As much as I would like to see the Hogs beat LSU, the thought of BB returning next year is a very depressing one.

I do feel sorry for the man and hope he moves on to find a position where he will be happy because I, as most, really can't take another year of this.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: hawgon on November 10, 2017, 03:59:22 pm
I don't know, but if the events of the last few days mean what a lot of us think they do, then yeah, I can absolutely see that happening.  The main reason we wouldn't go ahead and fire him was apparently completely on Long.  If Long is more or less out of the picture, then others are in control and they will probably want to pull the trigger.  We gain nothing by waiting. 

Henry Kissinger once said something to the effect of, "What must be done inevitably, should be done immediately."

Me thinks the chancellor will be the decision maker with BB.  And I could certainly see him pulling the trigger sooner rather than later to keep himself from being drawn in any deeper into the mess than he already is. 

And especially if it's an embarrassing loss.

Martygit

Quote from: elksnort on November 10, 2017, 06:18:32 pm
What worries me more is the case that if we win out, he gets to stay.
I can not and will not root against the hogs.

Surely, the descision has been made as some have assured that out has.

You only have to worry about that if we win tomorrow
RIP OTR, REV

Justagp

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 10, 2017, 08:21:22 pm
Me thinks the chancellor will be the decision maker with BB.  And I could certainly see him pulling the trigger sooner rather than later to keep himself from being drawn in any deeper into the mess than he already is. 

And especially if it's an embarrassing loss.
Me hopes you are right.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 10, 2017, 06:28:13 pm

2. Rumor - from a CALLER

WPS

Mike Anderson does not need promotion. Any Arkansan that thinks Arkansas can do better than Mike is a rank fool.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hawgphat

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 10, 2017, 04:07:16 pm
.....Les Miles

No, - - - no, - - - and no.

There are already quite a few less smiles around here.

::)

fieldturf

Quote from: JJHog on November 10, 2017, 06:53:59 pm
For the umpteenth time , Long will not fire a coach during the season

No he may not fire him during the season, but he may make the announcement that he won't be retained for the 2018 season.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 10, 2017, 05:37:16 pm
You're screwing up eating there for catfish. Though I would say they used to have prime rib on Thursdays that was pretty good but Danny left and it hasn't been the same since.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

shown006

BB here til after the Mizzou game....then, he gone.
WPS!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 10, 2017, 04:00:15 pm
What's the point of firing him before the season's over?

Gives fans hope for the future and a reason to attend the last two games in support of the players. A win win for all

Paul

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 10, 2017, 08:47:57 pm
Mike Anderson does not need promotion. Any Arkansan that thinks Arkansas can do better than Mike is a rank fool.
I like Mike but can always do better...if we want to

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 10, 2017, 09:04:12 pm
Gives fans hope for the future and a reason to attend the last two games in support of the players. A win win for all

If people want to go support the players they can whether he is fired or not. Do you think the administration of the University will look at the stands full of people and think "Hey Bielema's doing great"

HoggieStyle

How could anyone expect anything other than a "blowout"?  Especially when you consider how we've performed against common opponents.

Mo_Better_Hogs

I'm looking forward to my trip to the Mississippi State game, with or without Bret.

I keep wondering if firing him before the season ends is a more important "take THAT" from the angry fans (me included), than it would be strategic. If there's a good reason to do it—other than our satisfaction—let 'er rip!

cjack

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 04:16:57 pm
Then how about the question, what would attendance be for MSU with or without BB?

I'd say 30K with him, 70K w/out him.

Every game is going to be at least -4 with Bielema still here and +4 with him out of here. I've seen my last game with him as the coach and will be at the first one he isn't. I don't think my family is the only one feeling this way.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

NuttinItUp

moses_007

Quote from: BigMikehogg on November 10, 2017, 06:40:22 pm
The reasoning of not firing him now is his contract states he cannot be fired during a season.This would cause a buyout of the full 15 million dollars instead of firing him at the end of the season....but the way it looks is that he only has 15 more days of employment at Arkansas.
Well if it's $15 million now vs. $5 million come November 25th, Long will wait, as he should.

Surely all of us on this board can find the patience to wait two weeks for the end result we want.

aloha_kid

Good grief.  Any conversation that begins "caller heard a rumor" is a conversation not worth listening too.

BigoBoys

moses_007

Quote from: BigoBoys on November 10, 2017, 10:58:50 pm
Arkansas media in the know? 
Yes, but for some strange reason they're not talking.