Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our offense will deliver wins in the SEC his year

Started by mckinneyhog5, September 30, 2017, 06:14:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

The defenses we face this year aren't as good as TCU's. Yes, our defense isn't good but our offense will win games for us this year. LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Miss State are teams we can outscore. We WILL win at least 4 SEC games. Book it!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

RazorPiggie

hogsmash12

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 30, 2017, 06:18:01 pm
I have confidence in our line.

Nor should you.  There is no evidence that they can control an SEC line of scrimmage.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogsmash12 on September 30, 2017, 06:20:32 pm
Nor should you.  There is no evidence that they can control an SEC line of scrimmage.

Sorry forgot a word in there.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogsmash12 on September 30, 2017, 06:20:32 pm
And you have no proof they can't....all you have is speculation.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Sorry hog5, These other teams will improve just as we should.  We won't win 4 conference games this year unless 2 or more of these teams suffer huge injuries or other outside messes that basically ruin their team.  This could happen but is not likely to happen to the level that would allow us to win 4 or more conference games.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: 12247 on September 30, 2017, 06:22:32 pm
Sorry hog5, These other teams will improve just as we should.  We won't win 4 conference games this year unless 2 or more of these teams suffer huge injuries or other outside messes that basically ruin their team.  This could happen but is not likely to happen to the level that would allow us to win 4 or more conference games.
LSU is currently getting beat by Troy..yes Troy is beating LSU in Baton Rouge.

hogblitz

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 06:14:21 pm
The defenses we face this year aren't as good as TCU's. Yes, our defense isn't good but our offense will win games for us this year. LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Miss State are teams we can outscore. We WILL win at least 4 SEC games. Book it!
Wow! That would equal a 7-5 record in year 5.  A real improvement over the last 5 seasons. 

Tusks

I just think that the hogs will lose to one of the 3 of USC, OMU and Mizz.  If thats the case then they need to pick up a win vs LSU.  That's still 3-5 conference record though.

You guys are intoxicated with a win against NMST.  Thats a LONG way from the SEC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogblitz on September 30, 2017, 06:26:03 pm
Wow! That would equal a 7-5 record in year 5.  A real improvement over the last 5 seasons. 
I forgot Missouri..that's 5.

farmhawg

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 06:32:31 pm
I just think that the hogs will lose to one of the 3 of USC, OMU and Mizz.  If thats the case then they need to pick up a win vs LSU.  That's still 3-5 conference record though.

You guys are intoxicated with a win against NMST.  Thats a LONG way from the SEC.
Intoxicated is one word fir the rubish.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

mckinneyhog5

Losing all of all WR's from last year PLUS our top RB and add to that what we lost on D. We go 5-3 or 4-4 in the west and sorry but BB deserves another year. 

Bacons Rebellion

I hoping we find 3 SEC wins and get bowl practice reps in the 3-4.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: code red on September 30, 2017, 06:42:12 pm
No way this team.wins 4 sec games.
Do you watch other SEC teams or just assume they're great?

jst01

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 06:39:48 pm
Losing all of all WR's from last year PLUS our top RB and add to that what we lost on D. We go 5-3 or 4-4 in the west and sorry but BB deserves another year. 

Not sure deserve is right word. But I have said they will win 6 games this year and he'll coach next year for sure. Bet if he doesn't win 5+ conf games next year he will be gone.

hog47

What are you smoking? Are you sure you watching arkansas? We will win one more game and that's it. Our OL is terrible, our coaches can't coach up, coach B is so stubborn it's deplorable , our defense is also weak. So, tell what you see that makes you be this delusional??

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hog47 on September 30, 2017, 06:48:32 pm
What are you smoking? Are you sure you watching arkansas? We will win one more game and that's it. Our OL is terrible, our coaches can't coach up, coach B is so stubborn it's deplorable , our defense is also weak. So, tell what you see that makes you be this delusional??
I see you know nothing about football or haven't watch anyone else besides Arkansas. I suggest you tune in to the LSU v. Troy game and tell me they're unbeatable.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 06:44:52 pm
Do you watch other SEC teams or just assume they're great?
That's the problem.  They all look great against us.  We always play the world champions...every game.

hogblitz

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 06:39:48 pm
This is Year 5.  These are all his players and this is HIS program now. There are no more excuses. He doesn't DESERVE a thing.  He is getting paid over 4 Millon dollars a year.  There are many below average coaches that could come in here and win 6 or 7 for less money.   It's been long enough and he has had PLENTY of time.  No one with any sense can say otherwise. Many schools would have already pulled the trigger. We see the same shortcomings and promises of corrections year after year.  Quite frankly, anything short of a 9-3 regular season I wanted him gone to begin with.  Many are quick to accept mediocrity but that's not me.  We are capable of much better than what we are getting and that has been proved many times before this staff came along.   

Hog5, the SEC is the weakest its been in years.  In fact I don't remember this conference being this weak since we've been in it.  But we are a part of the weakness.

Bad teams can play other bad teams and one has to win and one has to lose.  I just don't believe we are good enough to win 4 in this weak conference.  Our problem is the mental shell we are in.  Anything bad happens, they cause it, we cause it, the refs cause or no one causes, we done.

I present to you a Vandy team without talent.  All they got is attitude and in that attitude a refusal to be denied.  Their coach has instilled in them the will to win and they do.  Sure that cannot beat a real team but they play them into the turf.  Vandy is a pleasure to watch and admire.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: 12247 on September 30, 2017, 07:03:11 pm
Hog5, the SEC is the weakest its been in years.  In fact I don't remember this conference being this weak since we've been in it.  But we are a part of the weakness.

Bad teams can play other bad teams and one has to win and one has to lose.  I just don't believe we are good enough to win 4 in this weak conference.  Our problem is the mental shell we are in.  Anything bad happens, they cause it, we cause it, the refs cause or no one causes, we done.

I present to you a Vandy team without talent.  All they got is attitude and in that attitude a refusal to be denied.  Their coach has instilled in them the will to win and they do.  Sure that cannot beat a real team but they play them into the turf.  Vandy is a pleasure to watch and admire.

Our offense is good enough to win 5 games in the SEC this year. That's all I'm saying.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogblitz on September 30, 2017, 07:02:00 pm
This is Year 5.  These are all his players and this is HIS program now. There are no more excuses. He doesn't DESERVE a thing.  He is getting paid over 4 Millon dollars a year.  There are many below average coaches that could come in here and win 6 or 7 for less money.   It's been long enough and he has had PLENTY of time.  No one with any sense can say otherwise. Many schools would have already pulled the trigger. We see the same shortcomings and promises of corrections year after year.  Quite frankly, anything short of a 9-3 regular season I wanted him gone to begin with.  Many are quick to accept mediocrity but that's not me.  We are capable of much better than what we are getting and that has been proved many times before this staff came along.   
Lol, we WILL win more then 6 or 7.

jst01

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 07:04:52 pm
Our offense is good enough to win 5 games in the SEC this year. That's all I'm saying.

Possibly, think it could be. I also think our D is poor enough to lose 6 in SEC.

HogHomer

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 30, 2017, 07:01:19 pm
That's the problem.  They all look great against us.  We always play the world champions...every game.
You mean like florida did against us last year or LSU did at Louisiana BAs senior year. 2014 Alabama. Tenner in 2015. Or any other time we played an SEC team close or even beat them? What is the point of a statement like this it's easily proven false and you look like someone who is irrational and can't be taken seriously. There are plenty of other things to pick at rather than make up things to complain about

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 07:04:52 pm

Im not confortable with our defense but as long as we can score and eat clock then we are in the game.  Every one keeps talking about when we move to sec play, have you guys been watching the sec this year?  Aside  from Bama, who in the west should we be scared of?  Auburn looks tough, Ms St has come back to earth, LSU hasnt looked sharp, we have no chance against Ole Miss and Mizzou? 

Martygit

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 06:53:12 pm
I see you know nothing about football or haven't watch anyone else besides Arkansas. I suggest you tune in to the LSU v. Troy game and tell me they're unbeatable.

Everyone in the SEC this year is beatable (except for Ala, of course) - however, just because they're beatable doesn't mean Ark will beat them - I admire your confidence, however I think you are delusional
RIP OTR, REV

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: MartinGit on September 30, 2017, 07:24:30 pm
Everyone in the SEC this year is beatable (except for Ala, of course) - however, just because they're beatable doesn't mean Ark will beat them - I admire your confidence, however I think you are delusional
What's your reason we lose to these teams? Because you hate BB?

Porkchop#1

Quote from: HogHomer on September 30, 2017, 07:19:45 pm
You mean like florida did against us last year or LSU did at Louisiana BAs senior year. 2014 Alabama. Tenner in 2015. Or any other time we played an SEC team close or even beat them? What is the point of a statement like this it's easily proven false and you look like someone who is irrational and can't be taken seriously. There are plenty of other things to pick at rather than make up things to complain about
Yeah, you're right, I stand corrected.

I forgot about Coach B's sparkling 10 up & 23 down SEC record.

And as you pointed out, occasionally we will catch an SEC team that is struggling like we do, or there's that great moral victory over bama back in '14.  What a great game that was.

Martygit

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 07:30:42 pm

No - I don't hate or even much care about BB - we lose because we're not very good
RIP OTR, REV

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: MartinGit on September 30, 2017, 07:43:06 pm
No - I don't hate or even much care about BB - we lose because we're not very good
Again who the the "good" teams n the SEC his year? Also, please provide your reasoning for them.

Rayzback

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 07:30:42 pm

The last 6 against Tamu, 2 USC, 9 Bama, and one really painful Aubbie loss? I'm just gonna stop there.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

HogHomer

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 30, 2017, 07:42:15 pm
Yeah, you're right, I stand corrected.

I forgot about Coach B's sparkling 10 up & 23 down SEC record.

And as you pointed out, occasionally we will catch an SEC team that is struggling like we do, or there's that great moral victory over bama back in '14.  What a great game that was.
Wait I thought you said every game we play national champions... Every game. Now you're saying the ones we beat were struggling. Which is it?

From Tusk Till Dawn

LSU is 25th in the nation and down 17 to troy...

From Tusk Till Dawn

KCRazorbackfan

Oh, no; ain't gonna happen.  You do realize the Hogs rolled 42 points on a very bad team today, don't you?  This year is Bielema's swan song.  He will join Butch Jones on the unemployment line. 
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: HogHomer on September 30, 2017, 07:52:10 pm

Wait I thought you said every game we play national champions... Every game. Now you're saying the ones we beat were struggling. Which is it?
I said you were right, I was wrong.  You must have missed that part. 

I was thinking about how we'd just lost to A&m who was all set to fire Sumlin, but to be fair, Sumlin always beats Bielema.  And also that loss to a woeful Mizzou last year, funny how some chalk them up as an easy win this year.

But as you pointed out, we have 3-4 close games against SEC teams during CBB's tenure.  Thought it kinda funny you listed the Tinner win like that was some big accomplishment.  And the close Bama loss.  Of course you don't have much to work with.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Rayzback on September 30, 2017, 07:49:58 pm
The last 6 against Tamu, 2 USC, 9 Bama, and one really painful Aubbie loss? I'm just gonna stop there.
Notice I didn't say we'd beat AU or Bama? We still can win 5 without those.

Martygit

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 07:49:43 pm
Again who the the "good" teams n the SEC his year? Also, please provide your reasoning for them.

Oh, go frick yourself - this isn't a college final exam and you ain't the teacher - go get a life
RIP OTR, REV

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on September 30, 2017, 08:01:09 pm
Oh, no; ain't gonna happen.  You do realize the Hogs rolled 42 points on a very bad team today, don't you?  This year is Bielema's swan song.  He will join Butch Jones on the unemployment line. 
Hes gonna break your heart...

Tusks

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 07:49:43 pm

IT doesnt matter what teams are good or bad in the SEC.  What matters is what the hogs do against them.

There is NO way this Hog team wins 5 or more SEC games this season.  They will probably win 2 or 3.

LRHawg

Quote from: MartinGit on September 30, 2017, 07:24:30 pm

And Georgia right now.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: MartinGit on September 30, 2017, 08:02:51 pm
Oh, go frick yourself - this isn't a college final exam and you ain't the teacher - go get a life
So, you have no argument besides "fire BB and Long!" Where as I'm all about letting the season play out and think we have a shot at 4-5 SEC wins. Got it!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 08:04:39 pm
IT doesnt matter what teams are good or bad in the SEC.  What matters is what the hogs do against them.

There is NO way this Hog team wins 5 or more SEC games this season.  They will probably win 2 or 3.
Your opinion and I disagree with it. At least you're prediction is better then the idiots who predict 1 SEC win.

Hogz87

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 30, 2017, 06:21:31 pm
And you have no proof they can't....all you have is speculation.
Did you not watch the A&M game?  Allen was under pressure pretty much all game, and on the other side of the ball, A&M ran the ball down our throats.

JackTNHogfan

Seriously doubt we win more than one SEC game this year.

jgphillips3

Anyone who looks at this offensive line and sees what's happened through 4 games and believes we can get to 7 wins is delusional.  Yes, if we find 5 who can pass block, we could win 5 or 6 games.  But, no matter how "bad" these other teams in the SEC look, we are probably worse.  It doesn't help that they are "bad" if you are worse. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 30, 2017, 08:12:11 pm
Anyone who looks at this offensive line and sees what's happened through 4 games and believes we can get to 7 wins is delusional.  Yes, if we find 5 who can pass block, we could win 5 or 6 games.  But, no matter how "bad" these other teams in the SEC look, we are probably worse.  It doesn't help that they are "bad" if you are worse. 
Do you know how many yards we have put up? That also includes one SEC opponent.

kp72204

You sir have been booked! The only thing I have to wager is my pride. They win four SEC games I will wear my Arkansas sweatshirt with my pride look. They don't win, then I'll STILL wear it, but w/o the pride look. LOL

Tusks

Since the SEC is so bad this year then it should be pretty much a consensus that if he only wins 3 conference games he should be gone.

He may lost to Bama 52-0 his first year and 52-0 his last year.