Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buck Carpenter story getting told because of Jake Bequette

Started by Ugly Uncle, November 03, 2011, 07:05:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

I had someone get a message to Jake Bequette asking him if he would wear my nephew's number on the tape on his wrist for the South Carolina game.  Jake was my nephew's favorite player for the Razorbacks.  I am bringing my brother to the game this Saturday and I thought it would be a cool surprise for him.  Thomas (my brother) and Buck (My nephew who passed away two weeks ago today) both really loved the way Jake plays the game.

Jake had heard the news about the death of my mom and nephew, but he doesn't know us personally.  Jake agreed to wear Buck's #50 on his wrist this Saturday.

It was to be a nice surprise for my brother, but I just couldn't keep it a secret.  I had to tell my brother.  Man, he was so happy and couldn't believe Jake had agreed to do it.

Well, 40/29 heard about what Jake was doing from my co-host Brad, and I mentioned it to the guys at Channel 5 and Razorback Nation and each one agreed it was a story worth telling.  The story of how Buck had reacted quick enough to protect my son Chase and take the full force of the wreck and really truly saving my son's life.  I say it again, just as I said it in the other thread, the reason that I still have a son is because of my brother's son.  Buck lost his life and Chase survived.  Buck died a hero.  One of Buck's heroes was Jake Bequette.

I don't know when the interviews and the stories will air, but 40/29, 5, Razorback Nation, and Fox 16 (Little Rock) will be talking about the story of Buck.  They will also talk about The Buck Carpenter Memorial Fund set up to provide the finances for my brother and sister-in-law to concentrate full time on their ministry to people and families with special needs.  My brother has been working 2 sometimes 3 jobs to be able to provide the funds to go and minister to the people with special needs in our country.  While he sits on the National board for SPECIAL TOUCH MINISTRIES he does not receive a salary for it.  He must raise money for it and/or pay for it out of his own pocket.

I hope you get to catch one of the stories where they are interviewing my Brother and Sister-in-law.  Then you will know what I know.  Just how amazingly strong Thomas and Angelia are and how completely giving they are to everyone around them.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up to be looking for the stories coming out.

UU
Retired Radio Host

FaytownHog

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Ugly Uncle

This picture was taken by my sister-in-law right after my Brother had just been interviewed in Razorback Stadium.  We were both overwhelmed by the moment.  Thank you Thank you Thank you to all of you.

UU
Retired Radio Host

bellavistamike

Theirs is an amazing story, Uncle. And I am so sorry for the tragedy that touched your family. The stories on TV are cool and will bring great attention to the hero in your family. Our best to your family.

WestMemphisHogFan

What a testimony of God's grace, comfort and peace, and the bonds of a close knit family. I sure love the Carpenter family!

onebadrubi

Your story is truly great Ched.  I can not say how touching your story was when I read it.  Hopefully it will touch even more when aired on the news and with bequette to wear the number, he will represent it well! 

I sure wish I would  be able to catch one of the airings on the news channels, but unfortunately I will not be able to see the one in the morning on channel 5. 

FaytownHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 03, 2011, 10:14:06 pm
Your story is truly great Ched.  I can not say how touching your story was when I read it.  Hopefully it will touch even more when aired on the news and with bequette to wear the number, he will represent it well! 

I sure wish I would  be able to catch one of the airings on the news channels, but unfortunately I will not be able to see the one in the morning on channel 5. 

I'll make sure and post a link to the story once it gets on their website. No worries.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Not one word of why...

Truest blessing to be able to live by His will and understand that we can not understand. God has blessed and will continue to Bless you through these circumstances. Your family will touch countless lives for His kingdom. Get ready for harvest; Not harvest of financial blessing, but a harvest of souls.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 04, 2011, 04:06:25 am
I'll make sure and post a link to the story once it gets on their website. No worries.

It's on there now.  Right next to Jason's Friday Forecast.  Titled "Jake Bequette t..."
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

RonBurgundy

FaytownHog

beasley

It's a wonderful story that brought tears to my eyes. My prayers are with you brother and family in this time sorrow. But stop and think Buck is now sitting with God and his Angels. Someday Your Mother and Buck will be there to welcome you all to your new home in Heaven.
Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

gbaurnett

DeltaBoy

That is great Ched and God Bless Jake for doing this.  Continued prayers for your family.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFansReunited

I really hope ESPN picks up on the story and mentions it during the game today.  I will continue to pray for both of you and your family.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

johnny cash

Buff

It's an unfortunate heartbreaking story, but Jake has definitely been a hero for Hog nation tonight.  I know your nephew is still watching and loving this.

carlspackler

How about Jake having the game of his life while saluting Buck?  Amazing.

Ugly Uncle

I'm with my brother and his family right now. We are all very emotional. Jake came out and talked to Thomas and his family after the game.

This. could not have been a better night. I'm on my phone, but when I get home I'll post pictures of tonight.

Thank you Jake!

Awhile ago my brother was on the phone with my dad and I heard him say that at the Hogville tailgate all the people there hugged up on him and really made him feel loved. Guys, you don't know what that means to me. You helped and are helping in the healing of my family.
Retired Radio Host

DeltaBoy

Jake played a great game in honor of your son.   Still praying for you and your family as you starting healing from this tragedy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lumphog

XavierZane

Quote from: carlspackler on November 05, 2011, 10:01:25 pm
How about Jake having the game of his life while saluting Buck?  Amazing.

After Bequette sacked Shaw and forced the fumble, one of the commentators said something like, "If we've seen another defensive end have a better game this season, I can't remember when."   I thought that was a great quote at the time, simply because I like Jake, but knowing that he was wearing Buck's number and playing for him makes it infinitely better. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: XavierZane on November 06, 2011, 12:09:44 pm
After Bequette sacked Shaw and forced the fumble, one of the commentators said something like, "If we've seen another defensive end have a better game this season, I can't remember when."   I thought that was a great quote at the time, simply because I like Jake, but knowing that he was wearing Buck's number and playing for him makes it infinitely better. 

I had told Thomas just a few minutes before that play, "I just feel like Jake is going to make a play that will cause a turn over and seal the game."  When I saw him heading toward the QB it all was in slow motion for me.  I kept think, "hurry Jake, hurry Jake!"  When the hit came and the fumble was loose Thomas, Angelia, our friends in front of us, Brandon and I all went completely crazy!  I cannot even explain to you the feeling of that moment.  It was like for just a moment everything was right in the world.  Just pure joy!  I had tears in my eyes, I'm pretty sure that my brother and my sister-in-law did as well.

We ended up getting yelled at by a lady who I think may have been Shaw's mom.  We were sitting just across the aisle from the SC fan section.  She started screaming at me to have some class.  I had no idea what she was talking about.  She screamed at me that there was a player hurt on the field.  I honestly didn't even see him down, I was too busy celebrating with my family.  I told her I hadn't seen him out there I was too busy cheering.  She told me that I should have looked. She yelled at me, "how would you feel if that was your son laying out on the field like that."

At that moment I did feel like it was a family member out there that had made the play.  I honestly thought of it as Jake representing Buck on a play that sealed the game for us.  Buck had a piece of himself out there, if only the number on Jake's wrist.  What a fantastic way to end a fantastic day.
Retired Radio Host