Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shane Clenin

Started by lakecityhog, October 23, 2017, 06:30:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

This afternoon on DTS Trey mentioned that BB was looking at getting Shane Clenin some reps this week because he might play Saturday. Even Trey laughed and said it was a bad idea!

We have already wasted Clary's RS year, now Clenin?? We are about to again bypass several players to plug in a true freshman that simply will not be physically ready for SEC D'Linemen. WHY???
Fitz argued with Trey and finally Trey just laughed and said "Ok, Clenin will be the difference in a win or a loss Saturday"!

Think about this---Raulerson played a ton last year, Ramirez has played a lot lately, we still have Merrick, Malone and 2 RS Freshmen that could fill-in without burning this kid's redshirt  with nearly 2/3 of the season gone. I didn't even mention Jackson or Rogers!!!

texas tush hog

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 23, 2017, 06:30:32 pm
This afternoon on DTS Trey mentioned that BB was looking at getting Shane Clenin some reps this week because he might play Saturday. Even Trey laughed and said it was a bad idea!

We have already wasted Clary's RS year, now Clenin?? We are about to again bypass several players to plug in a true freshman that simply will not be physically ready for SEC D'Linemen. WHY???
Fitz argued with Trey and finally Trey just laughed and said "Ok, Clenin will be the difference in a win or a loss Saturday"!

Think about this---Raulerson played a ton last year, Ramirez has played a lot lately, we still have Merrick, Malone and 2 RS Freshmen that could fill-in without burning this kid's redshirt  with nearly 2/3 of the season gone. I didn't even mention Jackson or Rogers!!!

Brett gotta go.

Hog-Corleone

Agreed, bad idea and an act of true desperation on our head football coaches part.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

PorkSoda

might as well get some game tape on all the freshmen.  it will help out the new coach when it comes time to evaluate the team.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Großer Kriegschwein

He's doing anything he can to try to save his job.

When talking about Ragnow, he even acknowledged that Frank was upset partially because now he can't help Bret.
This is my non-signature signature.

Danny J

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 23, 2017, 06:45:18 pm
He's doing anything he can to try to save his job.

When talking about Ragnow, he even acknowledged that Frank was upset partially because now he can't help Bret.
YES!!! I literally just mentioned this in another post. When listening to his presser that jumped out to me the most. The players and CBB know he is about finished.

PorkRinds

hawgdavis

Seen it before pulling out all the stops to try and have an excuse for the poor state of the program to save his sorry ars  and will cause further ruin for the next guy to try and clean up. Should have already been fired before he could screw things up even worse if that's truly possible.

Kevin

play a redshirt freshman
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhames

Fitz was right.

No reasons to save him for the other guy

BURN ALL THE SHIRTS
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PonderinHog

Vantage 8 dude

When a Chinese fire drill is the modus operandi (sp) what other approach would you expect. Heck, confusion would sound like great organization to the OL staff.

RebelliousHog

What this shows (correctly or not) is this

CBB:  "Well, we've signed all these OLinemen and they can't play, so let's put this Freshman in cause he's better."

What does that say about recruiting over the last 5 years?

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 23, 2017, 06:39:16 pm
might as well get some game tape on all the freshmen.  it will help out the new coach when it comes time to evaluate the team.

Most new coaches do not watch tape on the team they play because they want a 100% fresh view of them.

onebadrubi

While I agree that burning Clenin'sredshirt is dumb... rogers will be playing center, and unfortunately I expect Jackson to get in somewhere.   Has the depth chart been released?  Is jackson or Gibson at LT?   

From left to right should read IMO
Gibson...fro.... rogers....Merrick...Wallace
LT.          Lg.       c.         RG.         RT

ballz2thewall

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 23, 2017, 09:06:38 pm
While I agree that burning Clenin'sredshirt is dumb... rogers will be playing center, and unfortunately I expect Jackson to get in somewhere.   Has the depth chart been released?  Is jackson or Gibson at LT?   

From left to right should read IMO
Gibson...fro.... rogers....Merrick...Wallace
LT.          Lg.       c.         RG.         RT

i hate to say it but i agree with your lineup. wallace being the reservation.....
The rest of the frog.

twistitup

Brett came in blowing smoke about depth, experience and a good redshirt program

He's looking like a scam artist- we have none of that in year 5
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ballz2thewall

Quote from: twistitup on October 23, 2017, 09:17:01 pm

remember all the depth we had at DL last year according to the party line?
The rest of the frog.

twistitup

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 23, 2017, 09:18:47 pm

All part of his scam

bennyl08

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 23, 2017, 09:18:47 pm

Yep. A lot of that depth is doing pretty well in the NFL this year. Wise Jr is tearing it up. Ledbetter is getting solid playing time as well. Those two are already outpacing what Philon and Flowers did their rookie years. Wise is already on pace with Flowers despite being two years behind. Philon is a bit of a bad situation having to play behind the phenom Bosa.

On top of those, Agim and Capps showed up and played quite well for true freshmen. Guidry redshirted last year but has shown flashes this year of why he was highly recruited. Bijhon is out there demanding double teams and was very productive last year in getting penetration for a backup and for an interior line player. Taiwan never really jumped off the tape but was a 4 year starter for us. Marshall redshirted and like Guidry, we've seen SEC level speed and explosion from him. Lewis was a backup DE who was pretty good stopping the run, particularly in 2015. Scheme really hurt us last year which is why we have a new DC. Ramsey gave us a good speed rush off the edge. Taylor was in his first year, don't recall if he redshirted or not. Winston was a consistent DE for us, but like Taiwan, never really jumped off the tape.

So yeah, we absolutely were stacked on the DL last season. Coaching really hurt us there as well Wise Jr being injured.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

WaltonCollege

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 23, 2017, 09:45:28 pm
Yep. A lot of that depth is doing pretty well in the NFL this year. Wise Jr is tearing it up. Ledbetter is getting solid playing time as well. Those two are already outpacing what Philon and Flowers did their rookie years. Wise is already on pace with Flowers despite being two years behind. Philon is a bit of a bad situation having to play behind the phenom Bosa.

On top of those, Agim and Capps showed up and played quite well for true freshmen. Guidry redshirted last year but has shown flashes this year of why he was highly recruited. Bijhon is out there demanding double teams and was very productive last year in getting penetration for a backup and for an interior line player. Taiwan never really jumped off the tape but was a 4 year starter for us. Marshall redshirted and like Guidry, we've seen SEC level speed and explosion from him. Lewis was a backup DE who was pretty good stopping the run, particularly in 2015. Scheme really hurt us last year which is why we have a new DC. Ramsey gave us a good speed rush off the edge. Taylor was in his first year, don't recall if he redshirted or not. Winston was a consistent DE for us, but like Taiwan, never really jumped off the tape.

So yeah, we absolutely were stacked on the DL last season. Coaching really hurt us there as well Wise Jr being injured.
B Jackson has underperformed IMO and what ever happened to that 4 star Iowa guard Heinrich?

The_Iceman

How in the hell can Jalen Merrick not find time at guard over Clenin and Clary? Mind boggling.

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on October 23, 2017, 09:17:01 pm

What positions did we not have depth at this year? We didn't have a load of experience at WR, but that was the only position group to be inexperienced heading into the season.

Past two seasons we've redshirted like crazy. The only players who didn't redshirt from the 2015 and 2016 classes were players that were simply too good to redshirt that would have also played for most any other SEC teams as true freshmen.

Plenty of valid criticisms of Bielema. Enough that he needs to be fired. No need to pretend or make believe.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

presidenthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 23, 2017, 09:49:34 pm
How in the hell can Jalen Merrick not find time at guard over Clenin and Clary? Mind boggling.
Someone once said his feet move like they are in quicksand. He could be an actual miss. I'm not 100% on that.

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 23, 2017, 09:51:11 pm
The only players who didn't redshirt from the 2015 and 2016 classes were players that were simply too good to redshirt that would have also played for most any other SEC teams as true freshmen.

Bs

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on October 23, 2017, 10:26:38 pm
Bs

List who didn't redshirt and explain why they wouldn't have played on 7 other SEC teams as a true freshmen.

Stop yipping like a chihuahua and lay down actual bite.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 23, 2017, 08:00:05 pm
That's be stupid. 
hi, I'm Mr Meeseeks,  look at me, and I wanna help you with your grammar. Your retort was more ignorant than what you were responding to, so this is going to require a lot of focus on your part.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Seebs

We need to save these players from him. CBB is now poison
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ZERO

Quote from: rhames on October 23, 2017, 08:05:39 pm
BURN ALL THE SHIRTS

Our dumpster fire has grown and is now consuming everything, shirts and all.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

PorkRinds

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 23, 2017, 10:36:50 pm
hi, I'm Mr Meeseeks,  look at me, and I wanna help you with your grammar. Your retort was more ignorant than what you were responding to, so this is going to require a lot of focus on your part.
That's be a typo.

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 23, 2017, 10:31:32 pm
List who didn't redshirt and explain why they wouldn't have played on 7 other SEC teams as a true freshmen.

Stop yipping like a chihuahua and lay down actual bite.

There aren't many on the entire roster that would be on the 2 deep at a competetive sec football program.

Pork Twain

October 24, 2017, 05:46:29 am #31 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:35:22 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: twistitup on October 24, 2017, 05:00:29 am
There aren't many on the entire roster that would be on the 2 deep at a competetive sec football program.

FIFY
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FANONTHEHILL

October 24, 2017, 07:18:16 am #32 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:36:50 am by FANONTHEHILL
Shane Clenin should not see the field this year.  That's not an indictment of Shane, he is a player for certain.  Simply, this should not be the decision of this coaching staff.  This should be the decision of Shane and his family.  This is a lost season. That is obvious. This staff, as it currently is, is likely not the future of this program and should not steal a year from a player that will certainly contribute in the coming years.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 24, 2017, 07:18:16 am
Shane Clenin should not see the field this year.  That's not an indictment of Shane, he is a player for certain.  Simply, this should not be the decision of this coaching staff.  This should be the decision of Shane and his family.  This is a lost season. That is obvious. This staff that is is not the future of this program and should not steal a year from a player that will certainly contribute in the coming years.

Oh the stories you could tell given a son on the O line... Hopefully better times ahead with a new staff. My biggest fear at this point is mass defection.

Thanks for taking the time here

PonderinHog

Shane Clenin should not see the field this year.  That's not an indictment of Shane, he is a player for certain.  Simply, this should not be the decision of this coaching staff.  This should be the decision of Shane and his family.  This is a lost season. That is obvious. This staff that is is not the future of this program and should not steal a year from a player that will certainly contribute in the coming years.
Thanks for your candor, FOTH.  Looking back, if CBB had taken his medicine and redshirted Skipper and Kirkland when he had a grace period, he might have avoided this whole fiasco.

Now, it looks like he cut off his nose to spite his face.

jgphillips3

Thank you for saying it.  As a father, I was thinking that I might have to step in and tell the coach "no" if he tried to burn my son's redshirt at this point.

Kevin

that is why I said, play one of the guys who have already redshirted. give them a chance in the game, if you want to make a change.

don't burn a shirt, now.

that would be a bs move
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on October 24, 2017, 05:00:29 am

Guess it depends on how you define competitive. We have what, Bama, UGA, who else? Auburn couldn't beat a team that lost to Troy. LSU did lose to Troy. The east outside of UGA is crap. There's a strong argument that 12/14 SEC teams this year aren't "competitive".

However, even then, a good chunck of our starting offense had offers to play for Bama. Austin would likely have been starting for Bama, especially considering how he shredded their defense last year. Could you imagine what he'd be able to do behind their OL throwing to guys like Ridley?

Hogwild

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 24, 2017, 12:40:42 pm
Guess it depends on how you define competitive. We have what, Bama, UGA, who else? Auburn couldn't beat a team that lost to Troy. LSU did lose to Troy. The east outside of UGA is crap. There's a strong argument that 12/14 SEC teams this year aren't "competitive".

However, even then, a good chunck of our starting offense had offers to play for Bama. Austin would likely have been starting for Bama, especially considering how he shredded their defense last year. Could you imagine what he'd be able to do behind their OL throwing to guys like Ridley?

5 SEC teams are ranked in the Coaches Top 25 (Bama, UGA, LSU,Auburn, A&M) I would say that makes them competitive. Florida with a win the weekend would join them.

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 24, 2017, 12:40:42 pm

Austin would likely have been starting for Bama

You are funny!!