Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Fair WARNING

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 24, 2018, 11:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

Although it is my last season in Jump Ball, not as a MOD, apparently Lanny has given me modify status for all posts. If you bash any player or post anything that is not in kind with the rules of Hogville, they will be overwritten.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

The player bashing that I saw tonight in the game thread will no longer be allowed. Take note folks
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

k.c.hawg

Great to hear, though I don't dare venture into the darkness of game threads. Maybe now I will!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Razorbacks#1

At some point, someone will take this, The Game Thread over. At that point, I will realize I no longer have to read supposed hog fans trash talk our Razorback Team. With that said, Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

Fan701

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 25, 2018, 12:01:38 am
The player bashing that I saw tonight in the game thread will no longer be allowed. Take note folks
I hope Hogville really means it this time.  "No player bashing" was decreed weeks ago to no apparent effect.  It never ceases to amaze me how ours fans can have such animosity toward our own players

TebowHater

Quote from: Fan701 on February 25, 2018, 08:24:14 am
I hope Hogville really means it this time.  "No player bashing" was decreed weeks ago to no apparent effect.  It never ceases to amaze me how ours fans can have such animosity toward our own players

Razorbacks#1 is an EI vet. He actually knows how to execute such a creed

razorback1829

It's crazy because there are posters on this board who would rather see the Hogs lose rather than win.they are noticeably missing at this time 😂😂

UAGolfer1981

AMEN!

I am new to Hogville, but am amazed at the toxicity on Jump Ball and MMQB.  Moderators, please take action to clean up the hypocritical fans on this site.

For all of us, we need to self-assess.  If we feel the need to bash, spread animosity,negativity and attack, step back and take a break.  For those in denial and think "it's not me", you might check your karma rating (smites vs applauds) as a clue. 

To help us self-assess, ASK YOURSELF, "AM I A FAN?

Webster's Dictionary provides a clear definition to the question:

Fanatic "fan"-  a person exhibiting excessive enthusiasm, zeal and intense uncritical devotion
Hypocrisy - behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel

As a student athlete and alumni of the UofA, I love my university. And yet, at times I get too emotionally involved and cross the line.  In the past season, I have stepped away and taken a break when I feel the frustration build, I have found that when I revert back to the days when I just enjoyed the game and cheered for my Hogs, life was so much better.  That is my hope for Hogville!

(I will get off my soapbox now)    WPS!
Go Hogs!

Mr. Porkleone

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

SPAL

Quote from: TebowHater on February 25, 2018, 08:44:52 am
Razorbacks#1 is an EI vet. He actually knows how to execute such a creed

Because we have a team in EI who have worked very hard to keep the forum as you see it today. We take it seriously. We have a team that communicates with each other and we realize the strengths and weaknesses of each person and use them to bring game threads and discussion that isn't found in other sites.

Raz#1 is an awesome dude and you can't appreciate the hours he puts into making EI what it is. It's sad that people don't understand how to be disappointed and vent without attacking each other.

We vent, we get mad, we get disappointed and we get very frustrated in EI, but we know how to do it like adults.

Kevin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 25, 2018, 08:11:20 pm
Because we have a team in EI who have worked very hard to keep the forum as you see it today. We take it seriously. We have a team that communicates with each other and we realize the strengths and weaknesses of each person and use them to bring game threads and discussion that isn't found in other sites.

Raz#1 is an awesome dude and you can't appreciate the hours he puts into making EI what it is. It's sad that people don't understand how to be disappointed and vent without attacking each other.

We vent, we get mad, we get disappointed and we get very frustrated in EI, but we know how to do it like adults.

We act like adults, really? 😉
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 24, 2018, 11:54:56 pm
Although it is my last season in Jump Ball, not as a MOD, apparently Lanny has given me modify status for all posts. If you bash any player or post anything that is not in kind with the rules of Hogville, they will be overwritten.

Awesome! 

/will probably get 5 smites for this
//let 'em come

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Fan701 on February 25, 2018, 08:24:14 am

Its so bad its damn near impossible. I dont have the time or energy to police it like it would require. Some of our posters are pathetic.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

SPAL

Quote from: Kevin on February 25, 2018, 08:14:00 pm
We act like adults, really? 😉

Everyone but you, Kevin. And Oliver. 😂

Oliver

98hogs

I would appreciate the same intensity on bashing Coach A from the MODS. 

Kevin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 25, 2018, 08:19:21 pm
Everyone but you, Kevin. And Oliver. 😂

Whew!  I don't want to ruin my rep on ei
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

AirWarren

Quote from: 98hogs on February 25, 2018, 08:32:31 pm

This.

SPAL

Quote from: Oliver on February 25, 2018, 08:29:57 pm
That's a compliment, Kevin!

You know I got nothing but love for you Oliver....we've had some good debates Iver the years.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 98hogs on February 25, 2018, 08:32:31 pm
Coaches are always fair game. 

Players are not.
All Gas, No Brakes!

elksnort

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 25, 2018, 09:27:31 pm

Players are not.
What about posters? Are they fair game?
Not aimimg at you. Just a general question. There are some disrespectful mf ers on this board.

SSFrazorback

February 25, 2018, 09:51:04 pm #22 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:13:40 pm by SSFrazorback
Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 25, 2018, 09:27:31 pm

Players are not.

It's one thing to criticize coaching decisions but making up a derogatory name for our coach and posting it repeatedly should be grounds for banning. Recommend some antidepressants and shove em out the door.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: SSFrazorback on February 25, 2018, 09:51:04 pm
It's one thing to criticize coaching decisions but making up a derogatory name for our coach and posting it repeatedly should be grounds for banning. Recommend some antidepressants shove em out the door.

Coaches are always fair game. Attacking other posters and calling names is against the rules.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Ironhawg

I understand that not everyone is going to think and feel the same way about how they perceive the current state of Razorback basketball.  I'd just like to see the bickering and name calling in game threads stopped.  Discuss what is going on in the game, but quit attacking each other.  Leave the "hater vs hugger" junk at the door.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: SSFrazorback on February 25, 2018, 09:51:04 pm
It's one thing to criticize coaching decisions but making up a derogatory name for our coach and posting it repeatedly

and very immature...

elksnort

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 26, 2018, 07:57:06 am
I understand that not everyone is going to think and feel the same way about how they perceive the current state of Razorback basketball.  I'd just like to see the bickering and name calling in game threads stopped.  Discuss what is going on in the game, but quit attacking each other.  Leave the "hater vs hugger" junk at the door.
This.