Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FBI investigation impact HOF coaches

Started by VBMark, February 19, 2018, 08:38:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VBMark

"When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won't be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated."

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-college-hoops-corruption-case-poised-take-hall-fame-coaches-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

mountainhog

Well that was interesting.  Thanks for the link.

VBMark

Quote from: mountainhog on February 19, 2018, 09:44:56 pm
Well that was interesting.  Thanks for the link.

No problem. Wonder if that is how Monk flipped to UK and the dude this year flipped to MSU.

BroyledNutts

The comment section was the most fun ... there's some serious hate out there for UNC and Kentucky.

Rawker

I didn't realize Bobby Brady had moved on to sports journalism.

Snout team

Don't hold your breath on this becoming reality.  I just can't see the NCAA giving up the huge money which would be lost if all this dirty laundry came out.

My prediction:
The FBI deals with the money laundering issues and gives the remaining info to the NCAA for its consideration.
The NCAA does very little with that info.

If this were one or two teams I could see them dropping the hammer.  But from the sound of this article it would cripple NCAA basketball at a level not seen since the MLB hit of the 94-95 strike.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

HogFansReunited

This is going to be nasty when everything comes to light.  I will give Anderson credit, I truly believe that he runs a clean program and this won't hurt us.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Tusks

Right now I'm the biggest Louisville basketball fan around.  UL and KY have cohabited with the threat of 'mutual destruction' in the sleaze world of college basketball.

There is no way in hades that UL is going to let KY get away with NOTHING happening to them.  They lost their HOF coach and vacated a NC.  They will come for blood and I can't wait.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsmash12

Quote from: tusked on February 20, 2018, 05:03:59 pm
Right now I'm the biggest Louisville basketball fan around.  UL and KY have cohabited with the threat of 'mutual destruction' in the sleaze world of college basketball.

There is no way in hades that UL is going to let KY get away with NOTHING happening to them.  They lost their HOF coach and vacated a NC.  They will come for blood and I can't wait.

Good take I had not thought of....hehehehe....I'm damn near giddy in anticipation

Bkhardicars

Yes, a good take on Louisville/KY mutual destruction thing...Could be a few deals like that go down...NC/DUKE, MI/MSU...AL/AUBURN...just hope we're as clean as Mike says we are. No reason to doubt him...As some have said, if we cheat, we're not good at it..

VBMark

MSU coach resigns. Says he made some poor decisions. Reggie Perry flipped to MSU after playing in an Addidas tournament. Interesting...

hogsanity

Quote from: VBMark on February 20, 2018, 08:39:28 pm
MSU coach resigns. Says he made some poor decisions. Reggie Perry flipped to MSU after playing in an Addidas tournament. Interesting...

that was their BASEBALL coach that resigned today.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: VBMark on February 20, 2018, 08:39:28 pm

SMH

Hog Milanese

This is probably why Calipari's phoning it in this year. He knows he's done.

The_Bionic_Pig

I just want Kentucky, Duke & Miss St crucified..
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*