Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 09:32:57 pm

Enos

Started by HogsBalls, December 10, 2017, 05:00:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsBalls

Heard from a friend that Enos is interviewing at Rutgers this weekend for an OC position. Longtime Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is the OC now, but he's still having trouble with the seizures. 

Flrazrback

I believe Coach Enos would be good at Rutgers. That is alot different than SEC condition

PorkRinds

Is Ash still the HC at Rutgers?

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

Not a good spot for him IMO. Rutgers is a mess

HogsBalls

HogsBalls

Quote from: King Kong on December 10, 2017, 05:12:57 pm

Not sure if he has many options. When your a coach, you want to coach somewhere.

rljjr

Good luck to DE. Good guy.

King Kong

Quote from: HogsBalls on December 10, 2017, 05:16:21 pm
Not sure if he has many options. When your a coach, you want to coach somewhere.

Interviewed for a position with Michigan. SC and Mizz still appears to be options.

TDHawgs

Enos is a great OC outside the Red Zone.. inside the Red Zone he was a horrible play caller. That was his biggest problem.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

deedster84

I will miss Enos's screen schemes. They were our best plays.

twistitup

Quote from: deedster84 on December 10, 2017, 05:53:45 pm
I will miss Enos's screen schemes. They were our best plays.

I miss winning
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ballz2thewall

enos is a good oc. he'll do fine.
The rest of the frog.

JONAS

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: King Kong on December 10, 2017, 05:12:57 pm

His resume will be a good fit, then.

LJHOG

Quote from: TDHawgs on December 10, 2017, 05:22:28 pm
Enos is a great OC outside the Red Zone.. inside the Red Zone he was a horrible play caller. That was his biggest problem.
when he skipper and company he did just fine in the red zone.  Chad isn't gonna have any better luck, if we don't get an entire new O line.

King Kong

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 10, 2017, 06:49:57 pm
His resume will be a good fit, then.

Yeah Enos was problem. I can't believe he allowed all those points to Mizz, Auburn, SC, Bama, Coastal Carolina, Miss State, and Ole Miss.

/Sarcasm

Honestly I'm scared to know what the last 3 years would have been without Enos

From Tusk Till Dawn

I wish him the best and hopes he finds a spot which I believe he will.  Whether you like him or not, he was a model to the team when his father passed.  He could have stepped away and nobody would have faulted him but he didn't.  Certainly earned my respect.

SooieGeneris

Paul Rhoads landed on his feet in a good situation as DB coach with Chip Kelly at UCLA, here's hoping Enos gets a job soon. Maybe Michigan as QB coach.

Will be curious to see where others land.

Footballscoop.com says likely either Sonny Dykes or Todd Graham to SMU as HC.

Bursts the bubble of those wanting Graham as DC here if so, but he has not been all that as a DC anyway.

Hopefully we can do better.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

masbas3

Agreed, I sometimes wondered if that was Bielema overruling when we got down in the redzone, especially the 5 yd line in.

swineology

I have no clue why ya'll are concerned where the previous staff goes are does.

They sucked, good riddance

I doubt it was Enos problems in the red zone as much as no line to move the pile and a play that everyone knew where it was going called the BB special, defined as find their biggest, meanest Guys and try and run over them.

Remember Chaney fellows?  Well now that he is away from Bret, he gained all his smarts back. 

snf6278

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 10, 2017, 07:26:20 pm
Paul Rhoads landed on his feet in a good situation as DB coach with Chip Kelly at UCLA, here's hoping Enos gets a job soon. Maybe Michigan as QB coach.

Will be curious to see where others land.

Footballscoop.com says likely either Sonny Dykes or Todd Graham to SMU as HC.

Bursts the bubble of those wanting Graham as DC here if so, but he has not been all that as a DC anyway.

Hopefully we can do better.
If so we might end up with Jeff Traylor. He'd be great for recruiting!

hawgXi

Personally, l think enos's red zone calls from the press box were being over ruled by  CB

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hawgXi on December 10, 2017, 08:06:57 pm
Personally, l think enos's red zone calls from the press box were being over ruled by  CB

Enos was on the sideline.
This is my non-signature signature.

wachhog

Quote from: 12247 on December 10, 2017, 07:38:51 pm
I doubt it was Enos problems in the red zone as much as no line to move the pile and a play that everyone knew where it was going called the BB special, defined as find their biggest, meanest Guys and try and run over them.

Remember Chaney fellows?  Well now that he is away from Bret, he gained all his smarts back.
Bielema's treatment of Chaney was weird. Not giving him a raise and all. There must have been more to that story..,

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: wachhog on December 10, 2017, 08:16:31 pm
Bielema's treatment of Chaney was weird. Not giving him a raise and all. There must have been more to that story..,

The way it was explained was that Chaney had got a raise the year before and Bielema needed to give other coaches raises that year and that Chaney would get one the following year.

We may never know if Bielema was using that to give Chaney an incentive to get pissed off and leave of his own accord.

I will say that I think that Bielema made a critical error in not considering how tight Chaney and Pittman were and how his treatment of Chaney (and apparently some remarks made inside the coaching staff about Chaney after he left) would effect his ability to retain Pittman or how it might effect Pittman's motivation to recruit during his last year.

Bottom line, Bielema screwed up in not having a non-compete and a buy out written into Pittman's contract that didn't allow him to go to an SEC team. Pittman told Bielema that "he didn't need it because he wasn't going anywhere". So much for giving your word and being able to take someone at their word.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: snf6278 on December 10, 2017, 07:45:09 pm
If so we might end up with Jeff Traylor. He'd be great for recruiting!

Rumor is that he and Dykes are the finalists for SMU and that Morris has offered him Co-OC title to come here, we'll soon know.

swineology

Bielema screwed up

Calling All Hogs

I hope Enos does well. I take no delight in our assistant coaches having to find new jobs with the possible exception of Kurt Anderson.