Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (6-2, 0-0 SEC) vs Minnesota (8-2, 0-0 B1G)

Started by Razorbacks#1, December 09, 2017, 05:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

hawgball40

Quote from: daprospecta on December 09, 2017, 06:31:52 pm
Just don't. Be happy they were both hogs.
exactly. its just pointless. why put down one of our own that was all hog to state the obvious about their talent levels. Yes, Gafford is more naturally gifted. But Bobby busts his hump and scraps for every thing he gets. I respect that too much to ever put him down.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 09, 2017, 06:32:44 pm
But you might as well take it.

He's just worried he's one of the few with more karma than smite.  Very rare here.

Atlhogfan1

Can't play much better offensively.  Hope the percentages don't even out on us.   Great pace. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rzrbackramsfan

hawgball40

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 09, 2017, 06:23:50 pm
Not necessary. I don't do this for Karma.
For as long as i can remember reading these GT's on hogville, you have been posting the PBP, even when posters were constantly rude and negative. Just thought you deserved a little respect and recognition for that is all. Thanks for your service lol

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 06:30:49 pm
Officials have stayed out of it which makes for great flow.

That's weird, guy states that FT's are 10-1 and your reply is the refs have stayed out of it.

Hoggish1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 09, 2017, 06:39:28 pm
That's weird, guy states that FT's are 10-1 and your reply is the refs have stayed out of it.

They have.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Wisco Pig

FG %:  Minnesota 14-31, 45% 
           Arkansas 22-33, 67%

3-Pt:    Minnesota 4-11, 36%
           Arkansas 5-11, 46%

FT %:  Minnesota 10-16, 63%
           Arkansas 1-4, 25%

Hogz87

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 09, 2017, 06:41:53 pm
FG %:  Minnesota 14-31, 45% 
           Arkansas 22-33, 67%

3-Pt:    Minnesota 4-11, 36%
           Arkansas 5-11, 46%

FT %:  Minnesota 10-16, 63%
           Arkansas 1-4, 25%
That paints a pretty good picture of why we're not up by more.  The whole half it felt like we should be up by more but, at the same time, it felt like Minnesota was chipping away and pulling closer. 

We're shooting lights out while Minny is shooting a more "normal" 45%, but Minny has quadrupled our free-throw attempts.

Atlhogfan1

Portis lacks the explosion and quick leaping ability of Gafford. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 09, 2017, 06:44:24 pm
That paints a pretty good picture of why we're not up by more.  The whole half it felt like we should be up by more but, at the same time, it felt like Minnesota was chipping away and pulling closer. 

We're shooting lights out while Minny is shooting a more "normal" 45%, but Minny has quadrupled our free-throw attempts.

Minn didn't play poorly.  Good team. Hogs just played great.   

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hogz87

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 06:45:22 pm
Portis lacks the explosion and quick leaping ability of Gafford. 
By a decent margin, too.

Portis was/is more skilled than Gafford, but Gafford is a much more explosive athlete.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 06:46:06 pm
Minn didn't play poorly.  Good team. Hogs just played great.
Minnesota outscored us by 8 or 9 points from the line or this wouldn't be close
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Wisco Pig

Rebounds:  Minnesota 19, Arkansas 12

Assists:  Arkansas 15, Minnesota 5

Individual scoring:
Arkansas -- Gafford 12, Barford 9, Jones 9, Beard 8, Thomas 6
Minnesota -- Murphy 12, Mason 11, McBrayer 6

Razorbacks#1

Scoring:

Gafford - 12
Barford - 9
Jones - 9
Beard - 8
Thomas - 6
Bailey - 4
Hall - 2
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

40MINSOFHELL

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 09, 2017, 06:46:39 pm
By a decent margin, too.

Portis was/is more skilled than Gafford, but Gafford is a much more explosive athlete.

Why Portis wasn't lottery pick with his other skills. Joe lacked that ability too from the SF big guard spot.  Why he never got to the Big superstar level.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 09, 2017, 06:47:21 pm
Minnesota outscored us by 8 or 9 points from the line or this wouldn't be close

Yep. We'll take this trade off for pace.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 09, 2017, 06:49:24 pm
Rebounds:  Minnesota 19, Arkansas 12

Assists:  Arkansas 15, Minnesota 5

Individual scoring:
Arkansas -- Gafford 12, Barford 9, Jones 9, Beard 8, Thomas 6
Minnesota -- Murphy 12, Mason 11, McBrayer 6
+1

THUNDER!

Hogz87

Where was that foul?

All Minny has to do is drive to the basket and the refs are already anticipating a foul.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hawgball40

One thing is clear - this is revenge for the homecooking on Minnesota's court last season.

40MINSOFHELL

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hogz87

jfred59

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

HogNTX

Dang I hope Gafford isn't a one and done... this kid looks good!!

40MINSOFHELL

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

AtticusHawg

Coach Anderson needs to be all up in these Ref's striped shirts, holy smokes.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogz87

Make it a 21-4 FTA advantage for Minny.  That foul was a legit foul on us, but Minny got away with a pretty obvious walk before we fouled them.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hogz87

Quote from: AtticusHawg on December 09, 2017, 06:54:58 pm
The refs really are the only reason we're not up by 15+.

Hawgphish

jfred59

Quote from: AtticusHawg on December 09, 2017, 06:54:58 pm

He needs to go off on them and really get the crowd fired up

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

I swear there are times when officials will call every little thing then there are tims when there are Geneva Convention violations on the floor and they call nothing
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

AtticusHawg

Quote from: jfred59 on December 09, 2017, 06:56:32 pm
He needs to go off on them and really get the crowd fired up

Agreed. Now with the lead in doubt digits I'd be willing to get the T in order to get through to the zebras. I'm not usually one to whine about officiating, because I feel like that's a typical fan trope...but good gracious it's been embarrassing.

40MINSOFHELL

Hogwop

Quote from: Hawgphish on December 09, 2017, 06:55:39 pm
another Beardover

He has 4 assists to 1 turnover, 10 points on 4-6 shooting, y'all need to let go of the Beard hate
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.