Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heavy Hog Heart

Started by AugustaHog, December 08, 2017, 09:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STLhawg

go hogues

As another guy who shares the Razorback/Cardinal deal with their Dad, my heart goes out to you. Prayers for peace sent.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hayden1865

Praying for you and yours.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

kcolton

runich

So sorry to hear this.  Praying for you and your family.

pignparadise

Praying for you. I lost my Dad a couple of years ago. I remember we couldn't get good radio service in the house in Southern Phillips County. I listened to every game in 64 and 65 in the car with him. He drew the yard lines on a shoe box and would show me what was happening  as Bud Campbell described on the radio. Fathers are the best. Cherish your memories.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

rickm1976

So sorry for your loss.  I lost my Dad in 2003, and there is not a day goes by I don't think of him still.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Mr. Porkleone

Prayers to you. I pray peace and comfort for your family.

Love your family, forgive those who wronged us. Life is short.

pigture perfect

So sorry to hear this. Hoping for peace my brother.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Birminghog

Profound condolences, Augusta. I lost my dad in 1992. I'm so glad that your son got to know him and go to games with him. My daughter never knew either of her grandfathers.

The Hogs & the Cardinals. Your dad had it right.

TheRazorback500

Prayers up for you and your family.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

pigmania

My prayers and deepest condolences go out to you and your family during this difficult time. God bless.

DSmithNPS

The passing of a loved family member is always difficult but, for me as well a number of my buddies,  a son losing  his father poses even more of a dramatic feeling.  Try to remember all of the loving positive things you love about your dad. It helped me get through many things over these past 7 years. It always comforts me when I think about something about my dad that brings a smile to my face. At that moment I always think my dad is watching over me. WPS!

hoglady

Hate to hear this sad news - especially difficult during the Holiday season.
May the Lord help you and your family find comfort and peace.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogFanWoody

Prayers brother, so sorry for you loss. Carry on the tradition he started. WPS!
WPS Go HOGS!

snoblind

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  So sorry for your loss.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: AugustaHog on December 08, 2017, 09:53:24 pm
Guys late last night I lost my Dad unexpectedly.  He was a huge Hog fan and instilled a love of the Hogs in me.  Arkansas sports and St. Louis Cardinals baseball were something that we loved sharing.  I truly don't know how I'm going to get through my next Hog game without being a blithering idiot.  My Dad was a great guy who shaped me into the person I am today.  I will forever miss him.  I'm thankful that we were able to take my son to the 2016 Auburn game.  I hope to carry on the Hog Love with my little guy.  Please pray that we find some peace.

Brotha.....I pray for you, your son and your family.

May God comfort you and your family through these difficult times and I will be thinking of your dad when we kick off opening day next year....

PRJ

RagingHawgOn

God Bless you and your family. Prayers for peace and thankful you have that Hog bond. 

JS22

rtr

May your father rest in peace.  Condolences to you and your family AugustaHog.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jkstock04

Guys late last night I lost my Dad unexpectedly.  He was a huge Hog fan and instilled a love of the Hogs in me.  Arkansas sports and St. Louis Cardinals baseball were something that we loved sharing.  I truly don't know how I'm going to get through my next Hog game without being a blithering idiot.  My Dad was a great guy who shaped me into the person I am today.  I will forever miss him.  I'm thankful that we were able to take my son to the 2016 Auburn game.  I hope to carry on the Hog Love with my little guy.  Please pray that we find some peace.

I'm not extremely sorry for your loss man. I can't imagine what you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers truly are with you.

For what it's worth (and it may not be much, if anything) we all (me included) need to be very thankful for our time here in the present with who we know and love...and be thankful to have known and love them....than to have never known them at all. I do believe that. Our existence may suck at times, but to have loved anyone is better than to have never done so.

Sounds like you and your old man had a good relationship....be thankful for that and appreciate the good times that you did have realizing that many others may not have ever had that fortune/blessing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Phil D

prayers for you and your family brother and may you're father rest in peace the whole razorback family mourns the loss of one of our own.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

sooiebaby

Prayers for you and those closest to you. Please take solice in knowing that your darkest day, was your father's most glorious. May he rest in peace. WPS.
The problem with todays society is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

goodguytex

I'm very sorry for your loss, and will lift you and your family up in prayer. Words won't make the pain go away. Time going by will help. But those memories, those experiences you had with your Dad will always be a part of who you are. And in that way your Dad will always be with you.

rzrbk4life

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
Let's call those hogs!!!!

casken

Prayers for you and your family. Sorry to hear of your loss.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Kevin

sorry for your loss. may God comfort you & your family at this time.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Me Like Hogs

Prayers sent fellow Hog. Losing loved ones is never easy. I have buried both of my parents already and I'm only 39. Time will ease the pain but won't take away your memories. Live your life in honor of your father. Be the man and father he helped you become. Hug those close to you and tell them how much you love them. Life is precious and you never know when it may be taken from you. Wishing you peace in your coming days.

Hog N Bama

so sorry for your loss. God's Love and memories will give you peace

MuskogeeHogFan

May God bless you and your family.
Go Hogs Go!

k.c.hawg

December 09, 2017, 05:29:38 am #80 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:16:43 am by k.c.hawg
Prayers for you and your family. I still remember my first game after losing my pops. As the band formed the A, and marched down field before coming back to wait on the players, I had both goose bumps and tears streaming down my face. I had a full flashback of 35 years of us sitting in those seats, experiencing that same anticipation. May your father RIP and you have a lifetime of beautiful reflections. God Bless.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

PorkFromOrk

Prayers and condolences.

cj_sez

Very sorry for your loss.

cpohog

Sorry for your loss...prayers for you and your family

Iwastherein1969

Condolences to you and all of your family. You called it unexpected, I cannot imagine that. My father's death was expected and it absolutely shook me to the core. The only words I can offer of comfort is remember the good times, try to laugh about the bad times and if you are a religious man, know that you will see him again. My sincerest sympathies.     perry
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: clew on December 08, 2017, 09:54:40 pm
My sincerest condolences. Prayers for you and your family.

Likewise.  Still miss my Dad, and it's been a lot of years.  Think about him every day.

Pig Worshipper

God bless you and keep you in this difficult time. A father like yours is a treasure.

Arkamedes

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

smb

GeorgiaHOG

gmarv

Prayers for you and your family.

rljjr

Condolences, brother. You have all those great memories. Prayers for you and your family.

masbas3

Aunt_Razorback

You and your family are in my prayers for strength, comfort and peace. But people who say time makes it better often have no idea. Time helps you heal and live more effectively with the loss. you had a very close relationship with your dad and there was a great deal of love shared from the way that I felt it in reading your post. You will always miss him but I guess what I want to give you hope in is that overtime that hurt associated with the missing will not be as crippling as it is right now in the beginning. God has you in His hands and your father. Lean into God even when you're angry and bitter and don't understand tell Him about it. Something my mother always said was that God had big enough shoulders to take our cries out in grief, anger or frustration. Give yourself time. God bless you and your family

flynhog

Prayers for you and your family.  The light of God surrounds you!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Prayers for peace and comfort.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

DEVIL DOG HOG

So Sorry for your loss, Praying for you and your loved ones.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

MissippHog

Sorry for your loss Augusta.  My father instilled the Hogs and Cards in me as well.  Prayers for you and your family.

98hogs

Prayers to you and your family. So very sorry for your loss.  I am sure your Dad would want you to cheer for him too at games going forward.

Lanny

very sorry for your loss
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hogs7672

All are in my thoughts and prayers, so very sorry.