Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson

Started by mj4president, December 08, 2017, 01:02:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Has he officially been let go? I know he didn't do well but maybe under better management he could flourish.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

JONAS

Uncommon

Reports have us going with Dustin Fry.  I think the only assistant coach from last year's team that has a chance is Lunney Jr.  Also helps he is a former high school coach like Morris so that may help his chances.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: mj4president on December 08, 2017, 01:02:12 pm
Has he officially been let go? I know he didn't do well but maybe under better management he could flourish.
If there is one coach that I would have gotten rid of before I even stepped off of the plane....Mr. Anderson - bu bye
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

jackflash

Anderson for me got a bad deal here any offensive would've would have Wisconsin  offense doesn't work in SEC

Hoggish1

What's "better management" mean?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Worst hire during BB's time here?  I'm thinking by far and helped hasten BB's demise.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rzrbkman

Quote from: jackflash on December 08, 2017, 01:09:26 pm
Anderson for me got a bad deal here any offensive would've would have Wisconsin  offense doesn't work in SEC

???

FraggleHog

From what I've heard, all staff except the Equipment Manager and Trainer have been relieved of their duties.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Uncommon

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 01:24:13 pm
From what I've heard, all staff except the Equipment Manager and Trainer have been relieved of their duties.
Matt Summers for life.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhog1

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 01:24:13 pm
I saw where Morris is out recruiting with Lunney. Hopefully that is a sign he is staying.

HogMantheIntruder

How about we give you another shot at that one...
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

LAGNAF

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 08, 2017, 01:19:55 pm
Worst hire during BB's time here?  I'm thinking by far and helped hasten BB's demise.

Yep, KA was the beginning of the end for Bielema

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Poppa Tart on December 08, 2017, 01:28:11 pm
How about we give you another shot at that one...

Brave.  We might ought to just move on.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

BrickTwnHog

??????

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: LAGNAF on December 08, 2017, 01:34:52 pm
Yep, KA was the beginning of the end for Bielema

KA was the hammer, the nail, and the coffin.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

You've been visiting some special retail establishments in Colorado and only getting the good stuff haven't you.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Davidr295

Why is every single assistant coach under beliema getting his on thread that he should be retained. We just went through the worst period of hog football ever under these coaches. Keep cleaning house Morris!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Davidr295 on December 08, 2017, 01:41:46 pm
Why is every single assistant coach under beliema getting his on thread that he should be retained. We just went through the worst period of hog football ever under these coaches. Keep cleaning house Morris!

Exactly.

Not one person in the building should be kept.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

FraggleHog

Quote from: rhog1 on December 08, 2017, 01:27:36 pm
I saw where Morris is out recruiting with Lunney. Hopefully that is a sign he is staying.

Interesting... my source said everyone (although my personal hope was that Lunney would be retained). Hopefully he's wrong!

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 08, 2017, 01:43:52 pm
Exactly.

Not one person in the building should be kept.

I disagree.

I'd keep Lunney

PorkRinds

PorkRinds

Quote from: Davidr295 on December 08, 2017, 01:41:46 pm

He had some good coaches on staff. No reason to deny that fact. Anderson was NOT one of them. But Smith and Lunney absolutely deserve their own threads.

PonderinHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 01:45:33 pm
Interesting... my source said everyone (although my personal hope was that Lunney would be retained). Hopefully he's wrong!
Well, my source said he saw him running from the lipo machine and he's a lot quicker than any of us thought! 

King Kong

Then how did Sam Pittman do so well?

KA wasn't very good

FraggleHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 08, 2017, 01:48:14 pm
Well, my source said he saw him running from the lipo machine and he's a lot quicker than any of us thought!

Not talking about KA, you dolt. Lunney...

BR

Without a Doubt you are one of the Top Trolls ever on this Board...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PonderinHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 01:49:39 pm
Not talking about KA, you dolt. Lunney...
Well, in that case...

JONAS

I agree.

roothawg

The O line was sad sad sad the last 2 yrs. He won't stay

mj4president

Quote from: BR on December 08, 2017, 01:54:03 pm
Without a Doubt you are one of the Top Trolls ever on this Board...

I'm not. I felt BB didn't mentor him well enough.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

blueridger

you don't go from 128th in offense to 8th in offense without some semblance of an Oline.  Coach Fry along with  the S&C Coach and the nutritionist will get them ready to work in this type of offense in 2018.  it'll be better in 2019 and by 2020 they will be machine-like.  you heard it here.

AirWarren

Quote from: tusked on December 08, 2017, 01:27:35 pm
Pack up and go.

What's funny is. One of his kids may develop into a D1 prospect one day and we will see constant clamoring on here about "his Arkansas connection and his commit is a done deal".

jdlew

I hated to lose Pittman but I think the line even under achieved under him...it all started when we could not get punch it in against Texas A&M...

Davidr295

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2017, 01:47:26 pm
He had some good coaches on staff. No reason to deny that fact. Anderson was NOT one of them. But Smith and Lunney absolutely deserve their own threads.

Nope, the only ones he had currently work for Georgia.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Davidr295 on December 08, 2017, 03:35:44 pm
Nope, the only ones he had currently work for Georgia.

You have the right to be wrong.

RideTillIDieHawg

Please tell me you're trolling. If there is one person more responsible for Bert's failure it's Kurt Anderson.

Davidr295

Don't get the love affair with Lunney, if is such a great coach he would be somewhere else by now or would have been promoted.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Davidr295 on December 08, 2017, 03:39:43 pm
Don't get the love affair with Lunney, if is such a great coach he would be somewhere else by now or would have been promoted.

Former hog QB.
High school state championship coach
Coached Mackey Award winning TE.
TE Consistently one of our better position groups
Connections with high school coaches all over the state
Well respected throughout the state.
Lead recruiter on multiple in state studs we've landed.

I mean, I could go on but you'll probably just call me a name instead of actually making an intelligent argument.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2017, 03:46:25 pm
Former hog QB.

I mean, I could go on but you'll probably just call me a name instead of actually making an intelligent argument.

PR, I get a kick outta picking on you, but you are right in this instance.  I can't believe I just typed that... :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mj4president on December 08, 2017, 03:06:48 pm
I'm not. I felt BB didn't mentor him well enough.

Obviously. So that again is another failure on Brets part.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Davidr295

Former hog QB.

We just fired a bunch of coaches with good resumes. Just because he is from Arkansas shouldn't give him a staff spot forever. Also I'm sure we will be ok without him getting the 2 or 3 Arkansas players each year good enough to play d1

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Davidr295 on December 08, 2017, 03:39:43 pm

Kind of easy to think you know what others should or shouldn't do or where they should be huh.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Davidr295 on December 08, 2017, 03:52:08 pm
We just fired a bunch of coaches with good resumes. Just because he is from Arkansas shouldn't give him a staff spot forever. Also I'm sure we will be ok without him getting the 2 or 3 Arkansas players each year good enough to play d1

I don't think anyone is wanting to give him tenure...you just stated that you didn't understand the love affair...PR gave some reasons why.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 08, 2017, 03:50:08 pm
PR, I get a kick outta picking on you, but you are right in this instance.  I can't believe I just typed that... :)

I'm usually right. It's just hard for some of you to admit it. I'm good with that.  ;)

The Kig

Agreed, but also surprisingly so.  With his ties to the NFL and early enthusiasm, I really expected that he was going to be a great addition.
Poker Porker

Davidr295

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2017, 03:53:35 pm
I'm usually right. It's just hard for some of you to admit it. I'm good with that.  ;)

Too bad your wrong about this.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The Kig on December 08, 2017, 03:54:35 pm
Agreed, but also surprisingly so.  With his ties to the NFL and early enthusiasm, I really expected that he was going to be a great addition.

He lost folks over his cat.  Especially his neighbors with the pit bulls.

PORKULATOR

Former hog QB.

I'm with ya PRinds, its like he's never heard of him.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.