Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First time

Started by FullTiltBoogie, December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: hogz11 on December 07, 2017, 10:05:32 pm
Registered 30 minutes ago?
You can log in as a guest and read all you want without registering!

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 07:46:48 am
Aw yes. Backtracking. I'm not surprised. So explain why you think he is a "yes man" by getting a job in the SEC when he did not go directly to being a HC in the SEC from high school. He worked his way up from high school to an OC job at a relatively small college, then OC at a big time college then HC at a relatively small college to HC of the Hogs. Especially since he had NO direct ties to any of the coaches/people that hired him on his way up.

Well since u add more the the post.  He has the backing off saint Gus and Jerry loves him and he kid goes to school with Jerry's grandson. So to say he is not connected is wrong
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

hogsanity

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm
I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

Nothing to do with that, and everything to do with in the last 3 weeks there have been tons of new posters and accounts made years ago with no posts, suddenly showing up and posting, and many have been very antagonistic from the start.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jgphillips3

Coaching changes are like elections, they always bring out candidate advocacy and candidate opposition that takes a moment to calm down.  I knew Petrino would win.  I thought Bielema was a terrible fit.  Morris' recent time at SMU is a black mark on a stellar career but looking at all the information available, I now chalk that up to the learning curve of being a head coach and how bad SMU was.  I think Morris will easily be better than Bielema.  Staff and recruiting battles will determine whether we can get back to challenging for the West or not.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 08:05:51 am
You wanted someone else. That's fine and all. The problem is there was/is no need to cut down someone that did get the job just because of that. It's better to support the one that did get the job IF you truly care about the program. And to say it would have been worse if not for strict rules says even more about you. You never gave any real reason you don't like him other than calling him "small time " and a "yes man". NOW it's time to give the man a chance since he does have the job. Everyone deserves that until proven otherwise they aren't working out.

Do you not understand how emotions work. Everyone has opinions and those are based on information. I knew about all the candidates before the media started pumping one up over the other.  Like is said I heard the man speak back in February in person and no more the 20 feet away.  The speech he gave the team and the media was basically a carbon copy of what I heard then then.  He said he is a relationship guy well I him really impressed right now and he is going to have to do alot more than talk to impress me because his record does not. I have stated my reasons you can like them or not but they don't make me or you right or wrong only time will tell.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: swineology on December 07, 2017, 10:13:11 pm
Get out while you can Bro, this place is a Cesspool of negativity. The water is deep and murky in here..

cautisously

You'll get hammered by the grammar police in here, run Forest run!

Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

mhsbc59

Polecat

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 10:17:12 pm
Ha! Great catch. If that's the only one I get called out on that I didn't catch while dealing with a 19 month old running around then I'd say it's not too shabby.

Good first post. I have a 19 month old too. They're a handful but it's an awesome age
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

little pigee

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:51:06 am
Not back tracking really did not recall small time is not usually someing I would say.  It probley would have been worse if there where not strick rules on this board.
You stated on DEC 4 that "if morris is in then i am out".  Goodbye.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

mhsbc59

Quote from: little pigee on December 08, 2017, 09:13:24 am
You stated on DEC 4 that "if morris is in then i am out".  Goodbye.
Yes and I won't be at any games next Fall that has not changed

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 08:46:54 am
Well since u add more the the post.  He has the backing off saint Gus and Jerry loves him and he kid goes to school with Jerry's grandson. So to say he is not connected is wrong

Ummm. Gus no longer has and has not had a "connection" to the program in a while except for a few "friends" at a certain big church in NWA. Not sure if all of them are still friends now considering the last few weeks.

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 09:29:13 am
Yes and I won't be at any games next Fall that has not changed

Good we don't need so-called fans like you. We need fans there that are for the WHOLE program but mostly the players. I don't give a damn who the coach is. Do I like what I'm hearing about Chad yes. Do you have any other reason to not like him other than you wanted someone else. No you apparently don't. That's not a good enough reason to abandon the players and the program. Go root for Memphis. I'm sure in your capacity Norvell will give you free tickets................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tuskarilla

First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account. I see those comments throughout the Hogville boards and it baffles me. I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautisously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.
Very nice! I've had an account for several years and mostly just like to read what people are saying/thinking. Yes, there seems to be a lot of negativity on here, but there is also a new energy building with Coach Morris. I'm excited about it! Go Hogs!

hawgmasta

There's only one true test for intelligence on hogville,

What are your feelings on the traditional American dish known as Fritos pie?

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 12:37:22 pm
Ummm. Gus no longer has and has not had a "connection" to the program in a while except for a few "friends" at a certain big church in NWA. Not sure if all of them are still friends now considering the last few weeks.

Good we don't need so-called fans like you. We need fans there that are for the WHOLE program but mostly the players. I don't give a damn who the coach is. Do I like what I'm hearing about Chad yes. Do you have any other reason to not like him other than you wanted someone else. No you apparently don't. That's not a good enough reason to abandon the players and the program. Go root for Memphis. I'm sure in your capacity Norvell will give you free tickets................................

Getting a bit salty aren't we, guess what u don't get to choose what kind of fans get to be around the program. I will continue to be a hog fan but I dont to support everyone on the hill you'll just have to deal with the fact not everyone thinks like you.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 01:11:51 pm
Getting a bit salty aren't we, guess what u don't get to choose what kind of fans get to be around the program. I will continue to be a hog fan but I dont to support everyone on the hill you'll just have to deal with the fact not everyone thinks like you.

Never said they did have to think like me. All I ever get out people like you though is irrational and over the top emotions. Some emotions are fine when kept in check somewhat and within proper context and not when they overrule rational though and become like a kid crying and throwing a temper tantrum over not getting candy at the grocery store check out line. You want to protest his hiring by not going to games when it appears you have before then that also is showing a lack of respect and caring for the players. He has done nothing at the UA YET to show he doesn't deserve support of hog fans. Until he does then he deserves support. At this point he's more of a Hog and hog fan than you are.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mellon Collie

PorkSoda

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 08, 2017, 04:06:07 am
Well said
Quote from: masbas3 on December 08, 2017, 05:01:06 am
Great post.
First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account.
so did you register 2 alternate accounts at the same time just to give yourself props?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 08, 2017, 07:18:25 am
Maybe his name is Randall Thomas Roberts.

And Maybe he wasn't aware of RTR either... I mean I did ask if he knew, right?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:22:15 am
Come on now man u know me lol

Present company excluded, of course.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 08, 2017, 01:36:02 pm
so did you register 2 alternate accounts at the same time just to give yourself props?

Ummm no. Considering I work shift work and didn't wake up til 11 am.... The stuff some people try to come up woth on here blows my mind

Flrazrback

I'm fairly new here myself, agree with your post totally. Welcome aboard, think we are on the RIGHT track with Coach Morris..

Mjs84

Hey man, same boat as you!  I posted my first comment 4 days ago, and have commented at least 30 times since, all in defense of CCM!  I know he doesn't need it, but the way people feel they have to bash the guy for no reason, I feel the same about trying to spread optimism.  Probably pointless I know, but heck, it's been a lot of fun, and I look forward to a great season of football.  CCM is the man we need, make no mistake about it! 

PorkSoda

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 08, 2017, 01:55:45 pm
Ummm no. Considering I work shift work and didn't wake up til 11 am.... The stuff some people try to come up woth on here blows my mind
just mess'n with you man.  welcome to the board.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

snoblind

Get out while you can Bro, this place is a Cesspool of negativity. The water is deep and murky in here..

cautisously

Cautiously*

Could.  not.  resist.  Sorry, man.

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 08, 2017, 02:05:48 pm
just mess'n with you man.  welcome to the board.

Thanks! Seems pretty fun. A lot of people with insightful opinions and good comments on here. As well as some who throw rocks when you don't post something that they agree with lol

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 08, 2017, 02:09:56 pm
Thanks! Seems pretty fun. A lot of people with insightful opinions and good comments on here. As well as some who throw rocks when you don't post something that they agree with lol

Let me guess, you've gotten shirts made with #fulltiltboogie on them?
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 02:45:09 pm
Let me guess, you've gotten shirts made with #fulltiltboogie on them?

Ha. I wouldn't get a shirt with hashtag anything on it but I did get a kick out of t when he said it.

AHorseWithNoName

cautisously

+1
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 01:27:10 pm
Never said they did have to think like me. All I ever get out people like you though is irrational and over the top emotions. Some emotions are fine when kept in check somewhat and within proper context and not when they overrule rational though and become like a kid crying and throwing a temper tantrum over not getting candy at the grocery store check out line. You want to protest his hiring by not going to games when it appears you have before then that also is showing a lack of respect and caring for the players. He has done nothing at the UA YET to show he doesn't deserve support of hog fans. Until he does then he deserves support. At this point he's more of a Hog and hog fan than you are.

Money talks bud and the players will be fine

razortrack

Thanks for the post. Saw where someone was criticizing someone's opinion that only had a few posts. He bragged about his 13,000 or so posts. I'm a 5th year benchwarmer as I was on The Hill.  Proud nonetheless.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 01:27:10 pm

How am being disrespectful.  This game long ago went to a business model.  Well in business, me the customer doesn't have to buy the product.  Universities no this but they also know that they have a cash cow of ready made sheep they can sell a sub-par product and still make millions because of emotional fans

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 06:43:08 pm
Money talks bud and the players will be fine

Sure they will and without support from a fair weather fan like you. They don't need that type of support. Fair weather fans are the epitome of disrespectful.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:32:39 pm
How am being disrespectful.  This game long ago went to a business model.  Well in business, me the customer doesn't have to buy the product.  Universities no this but they also know that they have a cash cow of ready made sheep they can sell a sub-par product and still make millions because of emotional fans

Dude it's a business at the high school level also.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 10:07:59 pm
I shouldn't even entertain this as I have already stated, but yes, I just registered.

The situation isn't that someone has a new or low post count.  It is just that through the years we often see new posters who come on here with an agenda or to flame or to troll.  They throw out 25 or so posts and then disappear.  After something "big" happens, they show up more frequently.

Anyway, we were all new posters at one time (some of us have been new posters on several occasions because of being "bant").  Hope you stay and participate.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 09, 2017, 10:55:50 am
Dude it's a business at the high school level also.

Are seriously comparing the Billion dollar business of Division I college football to high school football!!!???

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 12:37:22 pm

Looks like Morris just offered Jerry's grandson just like he was probely told to do by the real powers on he hill wasted sollie number one

markaroni

Hello Trolls Anonymous. My name is Mark, and I am a Troll.

popcornhog

Quote from: hogz11 on December 07, 2017, 10:05:32 pm
Registered 30 minutes ago?

He explained that in the OP, dumbass. No need to be rude.
WPS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 12:16:12 am
Are seriously comparing the Billion dollar business of Division I college football to high school football!!!???

The local independent corner convenience store is a business. So is Walmart. So what. Business is business. I've worked for filthy rich people and some not so rich. Grew up in a small family run business. Now have my own and didn't inherit it. Go ahead and keep working for others, then get your little bitty retirement and sit around and complain all day. Me I'll move on and grow my business even more.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 12:22:30 am
Looks like Morris just offered Jerry's grandson just like he was probe told to do by the real powers on he hill wasted sollie number one

EVERY team has wasted scholarships. No one knows if it is wasted until they have been on campus and worked with the teaming coaches for a few years. You are forgetting there are more people on scholarship not starting than are. Why are you here? I thought you were quitting them so leave. By the way for someone that works in the schools IIRC that you do, then you need to do some remedial work with the English teachers there.

Maximus Tusk

First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account. I see those comments throughout the Hogville boards and it baffles me. I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautisously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.
A more realistic gauge of how the fans feel about this hire was on display when introduced at the basketball game last night. LOT'S of excitement!! Btw, welcome aboard!

AFWarrior83

Hiring Chad Morris was a gamble, but most coaching hires are in college sports today. He deserves a fair shake, same as it should be for any new head coach. Give him 3 years before we start forming opinions. He's got my full support right now.
Hogville member since 2005.

Me Like Hogs

Having been a long time reader before I even registered and still an infrequent poster I have come to realize there are a few traditions on Hogville:
-All new posters are considered trolls or paid sunshine pumpers
-Personal attacks are to be expected when your opinions differ from others
-Grammar Nazis, even though we all understand mistakes happen typing on our phones
-Every thread eventually devolves into a pissing match between two posters and thread becomes nearly unreadable (this thread is a good example)

And I too thought the Morris hire was a head scratcher at first, but the energy he has brought to the program instantly has got me more optimistic than I have been in a few years.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2017, 04:31:54 am
The local independent corner convenience store is a business. So is Walmart. So what. Business is business. I've worked for filthy rich people and some not so rich. Grew up in a small family run business. Now have my own and didn't inherit it. Go ahead and keep working for others, then get your little bitty retirement and sit around and complain all day. Me I'll move on and grow my business even more.

Wow you are a real piece of work. First yes I will have a pension but I also invest and my portfolio is doing pretty good right now.  Next how said is it that you are have to go to personal insults to, I really don't know your end goal.   I'm glad you own your own small business really you games are the economy back bone. But think your insulting me for working for the government your not.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2017, 04:42:13 am
EVERY team has wasted scholarships. No one knows if it is wasted until they have been on campus and worked with the teaming coaches for a few years. You are forgetting there are more people on scholarship not starting than are. Why are you here? I thought you were quitting them so leave. By the way for someone that works in the schools IIRC that you do, then you need to do some remedial work with the English teachers there.

Yes it's wasted.  How 5'10 175 football players you see playing in the SEC.  And if he is an SEC talent level why did Chad not have Jerry kid an offer to SMU

The Hogfather

Not reading anything from someone with so little posts.  You obviously don't have a clue.  Otherwise, you'd have many more posts.

blu

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 08:09:08 am
Yes it's wasted.  How 5'10 175 football players you see playing in the SEC.  And if he is an SEC talent level why did Chad not have Jerry kid an offer to SMU

Jerry's gs may have been offered to come be a walk-on - to give him a chance on down the road to contribute. That's been the case in several "offers".
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

mhsbc59

Quote from: blu on December 10, 2017, 08:31:38 am
Jerry's gs may have been offered to come be a walk-on - to give him a chance on down the road to contribute. That's been the case in several "offers".

That's all good but if Chad really wanted him he would have have an offer from SMU.  All you people defending this scholarship have yet to retort this simple question.  This type of thing is why some of us didn't want Chad and his benefactor Jerry.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on December 10, 2017, 05:20:35 am
Hiring Chad Morris was a gamble, but most coaching hires are in college sports today. He deserves a fair shake, same as it should be for any new head coach. Give him 3 years before we start forming opinions. He's got my full support right now.
This seems like a reasonable post but I'll demonstrate why I agreeably disagree:

Did you support all of Obama's policies when he became President of these United States? I certainly didn't.
Do you support all of Trump's policies and tweets?
I certainly don't.
I support America and, to the extent Obama and Trump help America, I have supported them.

I'm a fanatic for the state of Arkansas and the Arkansas Razorbacks. I'm not a fanboy for any president or head coach. I've lived long enough to see that most people are sheep and just follow the crowd. The University of Arkansas has given Coach Chad Morris the next 4-5 years to prove his worth to the Razorbacks. I will support him when he's right and be critical when he's not.

I haven't been impressed so far - he's a Houston Nutt without the charisma - a Caspar Milquetoast John Pelphrey-like hire who should have remained a small college head coach or, at best, an assistant coach. There are many others out there lurking who feel the same way but are too afraid to speak up now - protecting their low Smite Counts like Smaug protecting his vast hoard of treasure!

oldhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2017, 04:31:54 am

This country was/is built on the backs of entrepreneurs.  Even the big guys had to start somewhere (unless they inherited, which most people don't realize is a small percentage).