Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can CM mold this 2-Deep into a winning team?

Started by lakecityhog, November 02, 2017, 08:55:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

November 02, 2017, 08:55:34 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:31:15 pm by lakecityhog
This is basically the 2-Deep from the Ole Miss game with the departing seniors removed and kids plugged in to fill their spots. Will we see some shuffling? I would say that we could see SEVERAL spots change personnel.
We may see Merrick,Heinrich, Wagner and Clenin push for PT on the O'Line. Counting walk-ons we have 17 O'Linmen and many of them have seen some action in SEC games. I think a good O'Line coach can produce a more than serviceable O'Line from the group on hand.

OFFENSE
QB 15 Cole Kelley (R-Fr.) 4 Ty Storey (So.)
RB 21 Devwah Whaley (So.) / 2 Chase Hayden (Fr.) 6 T.J. Hammonds (So.)
FB 34 Kendrick Jackson (Jr.) 32 Hayden Johnson (So.)
WR 13 Deon Stewart (So.) / 10 Jordan Jones (R-Fr.) 9 De'Vion Warren (Fr.) / 82 Gary Cross (Jr.)
WR 7 Jonathan Nance (Jr.) 5 Brandon Martin (So.)
TE 44 Austin Cantrell (So.) 85 Cheyenne O'Grady (So.) / 80 Will Gragg (So.)
TE 18 Jeremy Patton (Jr.) 87 Jack Kraus (Jr.)
LT 74 Colton Jackson (So.) 78 Dalton Wagner (Fr.)
LG 51 Hjalte Froholdt (Jr.) 79 Jalen Merrick (So.)
C 75 Zach Rogers (Jr.) 55 Jake Heinrich (R-Fr.)
RG 62 Johnny Gibson Jr. (Jr.) 66 Ty Clary (Fr.)
RT 60 Brian Wallace (Jr.) 57 Shane Clenin (Fr.)

The defense is very similar with only a few starters leaving and in some cases the guy coming in could be a better player. The return of Pulley and the growth of Curl gives us 2 VERY good corners! Calloway and Brown should be upgrades, Rameriz will be a SR., McClellion, Curtis, Hernandez, Smith, Edwards and Tutt will all put pressure on the guys in front of them!

I would just about bet the 3-4 is gone and we see more of a 4-3/5-2 look. We have 11 DL counting walk-ons. If you add Bell and Ramsey as DE's then we have 13. Can Roesller apply for a medical hardship and come back?
From Agim, Capps, Smith, Marshall, Watts and Guidry we should be able to have a solid middle. Ramsey, Bell Taylor and Roessler can fill the End spots.
We have PLENTY of linebackers and should be able to find 5 guys for 3 spots.

DEFENSE
DE 3 McTelvin Agim (So.) 42 Jonathan Marshall (R-Fr.) / 90 Armon Watts (Jr.)
NT 41 Austin Capps (So.) / 69 Dylan Hays (R-Fr.)
DE 52 T.J. Smith (So.) 7 Briston Guidry (R-Fr.) / 95 Jake Hall (Jr.)
RAZOR 10 Randy Ramsey (Jr.) 27 Hayden Henry (Fr.)
MLB 8 De'Jon Harris (So.) 31 Grant Morgan (R-Fr.)
WLB 23 Dre Greenlaw (Jr.) 33 Dee Walker (R-Fr.)
HOG 6 Gabe Richardson (So.)  4 Alexy Jean-Baptist (R-Fr.)
CB 2 Kamren Curl (Fr.) 22 Deon Edwards (R-Fr.)
SS 9 Santos Ramirez (Jr.) 38 Reid Miller (Jr.)
FS 21 Montaric Brown (Fr.) 32 Jordan Curtis (Fr.)
CB 11 Ryan Pulley (Jr.) 14 Britto Tutt (So.)
NICKEL 1 Chevin Calloway (Fr.) 25 Micahh Smith (R-Fr.)

At any rate we have LOADS of players returning with game experience on both sides of the ball. A good DC can field at the very least an AVERAGE SEC defense and that would be waaaay better than last year.

Tick Hog

Like you mentioned if we do get a new coaching staff it will be interesting to see what they do different with the personal. Fixing the OL issues will be the most crucial aspect to make any Offense go. I hope we sign a few JC OL this year to have more options.

Ā 

lakecityhog

devildoghawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

lakecityhog

With the right DC I think we will surprise a lot of people this year.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I think the TEs have a place, either as tight ends or H backs. What to do with the fullbacks?

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JONAS

hawgmasta

I guess the real question then would be  what are we gonna consider a winning team? I think for his first year 6 wins would be fine, changing the culture and scheme probably isn't going to be an overnight change. Anything above six would be cherry topping on the sundae.

Hoggy Hogalot

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 04:14:04 pm
You think Cole Kelley can run his offense?
I guess we'll see. Me personally.....I don't think he's accurate enough.

rickm1976

Not unless we can bring in more speed/talent (especially in the secondary), possibly through some Juco transfers and a freshman or three we might sign who could make an immediate impact.  Our DC hire will be instrumental.

JIHawg

I think coach Morris will utilize him to emphasize his strengths.  Cole can fall forward and get 3-5 yards.  He won't be running 60 yards for a td, but he can throw it 80.  That threat being there will pull back those run stopping and blitzing safeties.  With Cole's height, he can see the field better than most QB's.  He has shown us he, due to his size, is willing to move up in the pocket.  He is strong enough to sling the ball with two defenders hanging on him.  By using his assets, hopefully he can be coached to avoid the bad plays.  Then bring in the flying pig guy and the defense has something totally different to deal with.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 09, 2017, 04:18:10 pm
I guess the real question then would be  what are we gonna consider a winning team? I think for his first year 6 wins would be fine, changing the culture and scheme probably isn’t going to be an overnight change. Anything above six would be cherry topping on the sundae.

This. 6 wins (7 if we go bowling) and ill be a happy camper
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Ā 

SugarHillGaHog

Is Ty not more mobile?  He looks like he would be going on what I've seen from Cole.  If Ty hasn't transferred.  I heard he was going to then I heard he wasn't.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

the offensive roster is already set to transition to the spread actually. More WR's than OL, smaller quicker RB's that have good hands and are shifty in space.  TE's that can be split out or placed on the line to block or run routes off the LOS.

The defense is an unmitigated disaster depth-wise. That will be an issue for the next couple years until they recruit out of the hole.

I was throwing red flags immediately when the 3-4 talk started. We didn't have enough quality LBrs to field 3 SEC quality players, how could we have hoped to find 8 to have 2-deep? Well we didn't and we had to play Freshman walk ons.  Hargreaves talent evaluation was terrible.  Bielema never was able to replace assistants with upgrades. It'll continue to hinder his career as he moves forward. He's got a terrible reputation as a guy to work under now.  I'll be really surprised if he coaches a P-5 team again unless it's a completely desperate school or Jeff Long hires him wherever he lands.

We need to get back to the 4-3 or at least rush a OLB from the edge every down and use a S or MLB to cover that gap in coverage. Only rushing 3 against 5 or 6 really did no favors for our best weapon on D, Agim.

Bielema only offering the very wishy washy and not yet qualified Gooden was a disaster waiting to happen.  If CCM can sign Billy Ferrell, the kid he has committed at SMU & Gooden (or a decent replacement) That will help shore up the DL and the run defense.  Agim, Guidry, Capps and Marshall (or an OLB on LOS) should be decent against the run and get some penetration. I actually think Jake Hall will be a nice contributor next season too.

Here's the best thing about Coach Morris' system as it relates to the current roster. We heard over and over again that the talented 4* players that were never seeing the field had trouble learning the playbook, they were getting passed over by lesser athletes b/c they couldn't be trusted to get the plays right.  CCM simplifies the playbook and the calls so they can go fast. This should allow the talent that's been on the sidelines to get on the field. If the offense is simpler and easier to learn and run you have to believe it'll cut down on mistakes and be more efficient. It's also a multiple look offense that forces the defense to account for 3-4 options happening simutaneously unlike the BertEnos offense that got predictable and was easy for defenses to read and defend because there were usually only 1 or 2 places the ball was going, then that was compounded by Bert trying to play in a phone booth by pushing the field of action closer rather than spreading it out. This gave teams that were faster and stronger (and they all were) than the Hogs an advantage. Opponents could push the OL around closing running lanes and LB/DB's could close in on tackles because the were aligned closer to the ball and their speed beat our speed nearly all of the time. Did Bert ever have a RB break loose a long run and take it to the house? Usually they got caught inside the 10.  There were a few screen plays that went for long TD's the past 2 years but the first 3 that really never happened.

Now the other thing that will make this offense go and help the current players is the quickness of the plays. No more long developing play action plays that the poor OL couldn't hold blocks long enough when they were smart enough to block the right guy (often they were not). The ball is getting out quick and fast. The new WR coach will actually coach the WR's to make hard cuts and run good routes and get separation.  Coach Craddock and Morris will scheme them open if they can't do it with good fundamentals.

I think they win 8 next season. I think Kelly will shine in this offense. Guys like Brandon Martin, Jonathan Nance, Devion Warren, Koilan Jackson and hopefully Stewart, Holden and Hammonds will get better coaching and better plays to use their skills. Hopefully CCM goes and gets a 6'5" WR to give us a weapon on the outside and in the redzone. Hopefully Cornelius works off all the bad weight Herb put on him and he gets some quickness and explosiveness back.  Then you've got Boateng, Pettway, Cross, Barkley, Barnes and Gulledge that can contribute.  There's so many WR's on the roster I forgot to mention Jordan Jones who CCM can make a legitimate All-American star player.

The TE's will be weapons as well. Cantrell should get some looks in short yardage run situations in my opinion. The kid from Mississippi outplayed Gragg, Kraus and O'Grady and got PT as a True FR. His redshirt year hopefully allowed that shoulder to heal up and he put on some muscle so he can block. He's got nice hands as do O'Grady and Gragg.

There's a lot to be hopeful for Coach Morris. I think they win 8. It's doable.

They'll have to outscore people to win, but that's what we've had to do the past 2 years anyway.

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Tusker4life

Does Coach Morris utilize the wildcat\wildhog type formation a lot?

Quote from: devildoghawg on December 06, 2017, 08:46:14 pm
Loads of wildcat with Hammonds
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

lakecityhog

21   Montaric Brown   DB   Fr   6-0   175      Consensus four-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports   
1   Chevin Calloway   DB   Fr   5-10   188      Consensus four-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports   
2   Kamren Curl   DB   Fr   6-1   193     Consensus three-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports    
13   Nate Dalton   DB   So   6-3   193     Pegged the No. 48 safety and No. 100 recruit from Texas    
32   Jordon Curtis   DB   Fr   5-11   181     Consensus three-star prospect by ESPN, 247Sports, Rivals and Scout   
22   Deon Edwards   DB   R-Fr   6-1   212     Consensus three-star by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports
15   Korey Hernandez   DB   Fr   5-10   174  Consensus three-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports    
39   Byron Keaton   DB   So   5-10   183     Named a three-star prospect by 247Sports   
26   Ryder Lucas   DB   Jr   6-0   195   
24   Jarques McClellion   DB   Fr   6-0   172     Consensus three-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports
38   Reid Miller   DB   Jr   5-9   201             
11   Ryan Pulley   DB   Jr   5-11   196   Consensus three-star prospect by Rivals, ESPN, Scout and 247Sports   
9   Santos Ramirez   DB   Jr   6-2   198   Consensus three-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports   
25   Micahh Smith   DB   R-Fr   6-0   202   A three-star recruit by 247Sports and Scout   
14   Britto Tutt   DB   So   6-1   179   
37   Brenden Young   DB   So   6-1   202  Earned all-state honors at safety

I would have to say that we have a pretty darned good talent base at DB. Pulley is already a lock down corner, Curl got some great experience this year and Ramirez was a part time starter. Reid Miller played a LOT. Brown, Edwards, McClellion, Curtis, Hernandez and Calloway should benefit from a redshirt year.     

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on December 09, 2017, 04:59:28 pm
Is Ty not more mobile?  He looks like he would be going on what I've seen from Cole.  If Ty hasn't transferred.  I heard he was going to then I heard he wasn't.

Storey is a statue.  The reason he's scared and fumbles snaps is he knows the D is coming after him and he's likely to get crushed.

Storey couldn't outrun 3A opponents at Charleston, defenders got to him quite a bit. He just happened to be big enough to shake a lot of them off.  Not so in D1 ball and especially not in the SEC.  My post history will show that I've not been high on Storey as a D1 QB.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

lakecityhog

Finished his senior season completing 294 of 447 passes (65.7 percent), for 4,159 yards and 53 touchdowns while adding 724 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns ... Totaled 73 touchdowns as a senior, the fourth-most in a single season in state history ... Went 268-of-408 (65.6 percent) passing for 4,241 yards and 52 touchdowns as a junior ... Also rushed for 180 yards and six touchdowns in 2013 ... Started as a sophomore and completed 328 of 503 passes (65.2 percent) for 4,397 yards and 48 touchdowns and rushed for 316 yards and seven touchdowns

Also was an all-state basketball and baseball player

I think Storey MIGHT be a little more mobile than YOU give him credit for. Chose Arkansas over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Louisville and others, obviously some others thought he might be D1 quality.

ChitownHawg

I watched some SMU highlights and CK is better than Hicks. On a rollout CK is a threat to handoff, throw, or truck a much smaller corner for positive yards.

Hicks was not really a dual threat guy. He could run when he had to but it was his throwing. And the highlights I saw his judgement was terrible. Throwing across his body and across the field for an easy INT. Throwing into double coverage, etc...

CK can run CCM's offense, because CCM will adjust for CK's lack of quick feet.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

26.2Hog

Don't know what he'll do with Kendrick Jackson and Hayden Johnson, because he doesn't really use a fullback.

And I'll venture you'll also see Hayden and Hammonds on the field at the same time a LOT.

And I too am on board for the 6 wins and a 7th in the bowl game.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 09, 2017, 05:33:08 pm
Finished his senior season completing 294 of 447 passes (65.7 percent), for 4,159 yards and 53 touchdowns while adding 724 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns ... Totaled 73 touchdowns as a senior, the fourth-most in a single season in state history ... Went 268-of-408 (65.6 percent) passing for 4,241 yards and 52 touchdowns as a junior ... Also rushed for 180 yards and six touchdowns in 2013 ... Started as a sophomore and completed 328 of 503 passes (65.2 percent) for 4,397 yards and 48 touchdowns and rushed for 316 yards and seven touchdowns

Also was an all-state basketball and baseball player

I think Storey MIGHT be a little more mobile than YOU give him credit for. Chose Arkansas over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Louisville and others, obviously some others thought he might be D1 quality.
I think he needs more PT to settle in. Kelly is tougher IMO

PetrinoFan

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 09, 2017, 05:14:47 pm
Does Coach Morris utilize the wildcat\wildhog type formation a lot?

He runs the wildcat formation in his offense.

Ā 

ChicoHog

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 09, 2017, 03:42:20 pm
With the right DC I think we will surprise a lot of people this year.
And the right players.  We need some stud D linemen,  help at safety and some LBs. Recruit, recruit, recruit!!!

cardinalandwhite

We have to have a pass rush. That alone will radically change the defense. Agim was used terribly last year. Using him well and getting a rush from the end will make a huge difference. Maybe coach can recruit a pass rusher too.

Line play killed us last year. On both sides. If that gets corrected you'll see a radically different team.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Cletus

December 09, 2017, 06:58:26 pm #26 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:32:07 am by Cletus
Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 09, 2017, 05:45:32 pm
Don't know what he'll do with Kendrick Jackson and Hayden Johnson, because he doesn't really use a fullback.

And I'll venture you'll also see Hayden and Hammonds on the field at the same time a LOT.

And I too am on board for the 6 wins and a 7th in the bowl game.

Johnson could be an H-Back, I believe he was a TE in HS. K-Jack was also a LB in HS, could be a banger in an ILB spot. Or both may move on, I haven't seen much of either.
See, what had happened was........

CokeHog

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 09, 2017, 05:13:00 pm
the offensive roster is already set to transition to the spread actually. More WR's than OL, smaller quicker RB's that have good hands and are shifty in space.  TE's that can be split out or placed on the line to block or run routes off the LOS.

The defense is an unmitigated disaster depth-wise. That will be an issue for the next couple years until they recruit out of the hole.

I was throwing red flags immediately when the 3-4 talk started. We didn't have enough quality LBrs to field 3 SEC quality players, how could we have hoped to find 8 to have 2-deep? Well we didn't and we had to play Freshman walk ons.  Hargreaves talent evaluation was terrible.  Bielema never was able to replace assistants with upgrades. It'll continue to hinder his career as he moves forward. He's got a terrible reputation as a guy to work under now.  I'll be really surprised if he coaches a P-5 team again unless it's a completely desperate school or Jeff Long hires him wherever he lands.

We need to get back to the 4-3 or at least rush a OLB from the edge every down and use a S or MLB to cover that gap in coverage. Only rushing 3 against 5 or 6 really did no favors for our best weapon on D, Agim.

Bielema only offering the very wishy washy and not yet qualified Gooden was a disaster waiting to happen.  If CCM can sign Billy Ferrell, the kid he has committed at SMU & Gooden (or a decent replacement) That will help shore up the DL and the run defense.  Agim, Guidry, Capps and Marshall (or an OLB on LOS) should be decent against the run and get some penetration. I actually think Jake Hall will be a nice contributor next season too.

Here's the best thing about Coach Morris' system as it relates to the current roster. We heard over and over again that the talented 4* players that were never seeing the field had trouble learning the playbook, they were getting passed over by lesser athletes b/c they couldn't be trusted to get the plays right.  CCM simplifies the playbook and the calls so they can go fast. This should allow the talent that's been on the sidelines to get on the field. If the offense is simpler and easier to learn and run you have to believe it'll cut down on mistakes and be more efficient. It's also a multiple look offense that forces the defense to account for 3-4 options happening simutaneously unlike the BertEnos offense that got predictable and was easy for defenses to read and defend because there were usually only 1 or 2 places the ball was going, then that was compounded by Bert trying to play in a phone booth by pushing the field of action closer rather than spreading it out. This gave teams that were faster and stronger (and they all were) than the Hogs an advantage. Opponents could push the OL around closing running lanes and LB/DB's could close in on tackles because the were aligned closer to the ball and their speed beat our speed nearly all of the time. Did Bert ever have a RB break loose a long run and take it to the house? Usually they got caught inside the 10.  There were a few screen plays that went for long TD's the past 2 years but the first 3 that really never happened.

Now the other thing that will make this offense go and help the current players is the quickness of the plays. No more long developing play action plays that the poor OL couldn't hold blocks long enough when they were smart enough to block the right guy (often they were not). The ball is getting out quick and fast. The new WR coach will actually coach the WR's to make hard cuts and run good routes and get separation.  Coach Craddock and Morris will scheme them open if they can't do it with good fundamentals.

I think they win 8 next season. I think Kelly will shine in this offense. Guys like Brandon Martin, Jonathan Nance, Devion Warren, Koilan Jackson and hopefully Stewart, Holden and Hammonds will get better coaching and better plays to use their skills. Hopefully CCM goes and gets a 6'5" WR to give us a weapon on the outside and in the redzone. Hopefully Cornelius works off all the bad weight Herb put on him and he gets some quickness and explosiveness back.  Then you've got Boateng, Pettway, Cross, Barkley, Barnes and Gulledge that can contribute.  There's so many WR's on the roster I forgot to mention Jordan Jones who CCM can make a legitimate All-American star player.

The TE's will be weapons as well. Cantrell should get some looks in short yardage run situations in my opinion. The kid from Mississippi outplayed Gragg, Kraus and O'Grady and got PT as a True FR. His redshirt year hopefully allowed that shoulder to heal up and he put on some muscle so he can block. He's got nice hands as do O'Grady and Gragg.

They'll have to outscore people to win, but that's what we've had to do the past 2 years anyway.

Excellent analysis! You seem to be very knowledgeable about the potential of this team.

Thanks.
Go Hogs!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: JIHawg on December 09, 2017, 04:44:34 pm
I think coach Morris will utilize him to emphasize his strengths.  Cole can fall forward and get 3-5 yards.  He won't be running 60 yards for a td, but he can throw it 80.  That threat being there will pull back those run stopping and blitzing safeties.  With Cole's height, he can see the field better than most QB's.  He has shown us he, due to his size, is willing to move up in the pocket.  He is strong enough to sling the ball with two defenders hanging on him.  By using his assets, hopefully he can be coached to avoid the bad plays.  Then bring in the flying pig guy and the defense has something totally different to deal with.

kelly's strengths...

he can get the ball off quick
height advantage/he can step up in the pocket and still have visibility.

he should be able to see openings in the middle/exploit crossing patterns.
The rest of the frog.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

I have a feeling we will see Whaley, Hammonds, Hayden and Maleek Williams all in at the same time upon occasion. I know for a fact that Hammonds and Hayden can both catch as well as any WR on roster...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

East Clintwood

I think Bert would have gone 6 - 6 with this team and the easier schedule.

I think the new guy can do at least as good and probably better.  He should be able to improve the offense considerably.  I would expect that we'll change the defense again, switching from the 3-4 to something else, so expect the defense to struggle again, especially at the start of the season but then improving as they adjust to the new scheme.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

kingt

If we are still running a 3-4 our FB's Jackson and Johnson should move to OLB

leroyhawg

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on December 09, 2017, 04:23:14 pm
I'm with you on accuracy but that can be taught, maybe he will put in the work to fix that.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Hogs run wild

i'm not worried about the offense as much because i think we will score. i think the quick passes will help the O-line. and if you look at the defense, we've got some talent there. will definitely need a home run hire for the D-fense, along with a very good secondary coach to coach the safeties.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Donny2665

If he can get the Oline whipped into shape during the off season, I think we will be ok offensively. Hard to predict defense until we know who the DC is.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 09, 2017, 05:13:00 pm

Great breakdown!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Pork Twain

This 2-deep should have been a winning team this year.  The fact that it was not, is on the coaches not on the level of talent on the team
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WorfHog

He better because the Honeymoon will be long over.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Foshodo

lakecityhog

Froholdt is another casualty of bad roster management, made 10 tackles in 3 games played as a freshman. TOTALLY wasted freshman year, what could he have become with a redshirt year?

jgphillips3

I think we should go ahead and move Daulton Hyatt ahead of Ty.  He's more mobile with a better arm.  If Cole loses 20 pounds down into the 250 range, we might be shocked what he looks like out there.  I also think getting the o-line trimmed up to move in space along with quicker release times is going to do a world of good for them.

LJHOG

I don't see it that roster being competitive in the SECw.

lakecityhog

It starts with the O'Line and if you look at it we have a chance to be pretty good there. IF we get the O'Line up to a decent SEC line we might just have a chance to be pretty good.

I feel like we have a pretty solid 4 spots right now, but that LT spot is sooo important.

LT                   LG                        C                 RG                      RT
          Jackson          Froholdt                  Rogers          Gibson               Wallace
          Wagner          Merrick                   Heinrich          Clary                  Clenin
That leaves Adcock, Malone and Hall as the other scholarship linemen. I think that we use 2 guys to be the "full time" back-ups, 1 to fill both guards and the center and then a 2nd guy to fill both tackle spots.
Does Banks come in from Juco and steal a spot? I think that he would have a chance only if he enrolls early.

I really think we go back to a 4-3 or 5-2 look on D and we have the guys there to have a truly solid D.

DE                     Tackle                    Tackle              DE
            Agim                    Smith                     Capps           Ramsey
             Bell                     Guidry                    Watts            Taylor

That leaves Marshall, Porter, Hall and DePrato fighting with the 2nd group for playing time. Has anyone heard anything about Roesler asking for a medical hardship for next season? If he is able to return I would probably have him starting over Ramsey. Which would give us even more depth.

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on December 09, 2017, 04:23:14 pm

In this sort of offense accuracy isn't the most important thing. It's why so many spread qbs ant even make NFL practice squads.

The offense is designed to pick on one or two players on defense and either get them out of position or take advantage of their position.

Think Tebow. I think Kelley will have huge numbers next year.

26.2Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 10, 2017, 09:28:24 am
If Cole loses 20 pounds down into the 250 range, we might be shocked what he looks like out there.

I think we will see this happen.