Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ragnow about to be featured on SEC Network

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, October 20, 2017, 01:18:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Seems like a top notch dude. Will probably get some insight into his personal life.
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rusvegashog

Was curious as to how we know or why we think FR is as talented as he is? I've watched football my whole life but still consider my knowledge of the sport to be lamen/elementary. With skill positions it's easier for me to judge, line play not so much. TY

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rusvegashog on October 20, 2017, 01:47:47 pm
Was curious as to how we know or why we think FR is as talented as he is? I've watched football my whole life but still consider my knowledge of the sport to be lamen/elementary. With skill positions it's easier for me to judge, line play not so much. TY

I'll trust the people that voted him AP preseason All American.

I'd don't believe he's allowed a sack as a starter in his career. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Großer Kriegschwein

It was a pretty good feature. Discussed Ragnow losing his dad after the Alcorn game last year. Even Nick Saban made an appearance discussing what he said to Frank after the Alabama game when Nick chased him down to talk with him.

Pretty much reminds me that I like Bret personally, and just wish he'd win more.

(Showed the press conference he broke down in after he announced that John Ragnow had passed and that he arranged a plane to get him home with he and his wife traveling with).

rusvegashog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 20, 2017, 02:00:16 pm
I'll trust the people that voted him AP preseason All American.

I'd don't believe he's allowed a sack as a starter in his career. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I know what they say, and I trust that they are right and he is that good. My thing is id like to know better how to judge that type of thing. Genuine question.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rusvegashog on October 20, 2017, 02:15:09 pm
I know what they say, and I trust that they are right and he is that good. My thing is id like to know better how to judge that type of thing. Genuine question.

Busted assignments, penalties, sacks allowed is a good start.

rusvegashog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 20, 2017, 02:17:53 pm
Busted assignments, penalties, sacks allowed is a good start.
That's where I'll begin then. I'm 43 been watching football since the early 80's. I guess I just never gave the Center much thought after the football was snapped. I appreciate it.

NoogaHog

Quote from: rusvegashog on October 20, 2017, 03:00:08 pm
That's where I'll begin then. I'm 43 been watching football since the early 80's. I guess I just never gave the Center much thought after the football was snapped. I appreciate it.

I'm with you RVH
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

hoglady

The play of our Oline as a whole this year will probably hurt his chance for All-American.
He's not listed in the mid-season All American picks on any site I've seen.

Seems like just a great young man.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality