Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You think CBB can do it?

Started by Hoggie17, September 17, 2017, 08:42:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWest

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 18, 2017, 05:29:59 am
good information and not to be anal retentive, but he was in 8 bowls.... with... a... record... of 2 - 6 in those bowls...   also... whoever said the SEC isn't any better now than back then is really sort of nutty....

Are you counting the game against Missouri that Herring not Nutt coached?  I thought he was 2-5

RazorWest

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 19, 2017, 07:43:11 am
He played 8 SEC games every year of his 10 years just like we do now. 90% of the non-conf games played then and now were immaterial.

The point of the OP was total wins.  so I would think only playing 11 games instead of 12 would be a variable to consider. 

RazorWest

Quote from: hogsanity on September 18, 2017, 05:50:11 pm
No, but not sur anyone would do that if the secw stays like it is. While a little down, it is still really tough top to bottom, then you get a sece team every year that who knows how they will be. Throw in a decent ooc team now ( note I did not say great but not a cupcake either ) in co St ND and others coming up along with the inherent recruiting disadvantages and it is unlikely any coach is going to atch those #'s.

Plus HDN got to coach possibly the 2 most athletic freaks ever to play football for the Hogs in MJ and Dmac.

Yep, the SEC is so tough that Alabama wins it every stinking year and without competition.  I get tired of the Recruiting disadvantage crap.  MSU is possibly the second best team in the SEC.  We out recruit them.  Why can they do it and we can't?  Coaching

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RazorWest on September 19, 2017, 07:58:21 am
The point of the OP was total wins.  so I would think only playing 11 games instead of 12 would be a variable to consider.
Nutt's teams at Arkansas played 11 regular season games his first 4 years. They played 12 regular season games his last 6 years. So you are talking about a 4 game difference. Not much over that many games.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RazorWest on September 19, 2017, 08:02:01 am
Yep, the SEC is so tough that Alabama wins it every stinking year and without competition.  I get tired of the Recruiting disadvantage crap.  MSU is possibly the second best team in the SEC.  We out recruit them.  Why can they do it and we can't?  Coaching
Alabama's SEC only record over Saban's 9 seasons there, 2008 thru 2016:

8-0
8-0
5-3
7-1
7-1
7-1
7-1
7-1
8-0

64-8 total. 89% win percentage.

Arkanas' SEC win percentage over the last 9 years? 40.3% - Won 29, Lost 43.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoggie17

Quote from: RazorWest on September 19, 2017, 08:02:01 am
Coaching!

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 19, 2017, 08:08:28 am
Alabama's SEC only record over Saban's 9 seasons there, 2008 thru 2016:

8-0
8-0
5-3
7-1
7-1
7-1
7-1
7-1
8-0

64-8 total. 89% win percentage.

Arkanas' SEC win percentage over the last 9 years? 40.3% - Won 29, Lost 43.

And in the season they went 5-3, 2010, the Hogs still could not beat them AT HOME with what many would say was the best hog team since joining the SEC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorWest

Quote from: hogsanity on September 19, 2017, 09:15:28 am
And in the season they went 5-3, 2010, the Hogs still could not beat them AT HOME with what many would say was the best hog team since joining the SEC.

Yep, Mallett's interception pretty much sealed our fate in that game.   

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on September 17, 2017, 11:40:03 am
This should have been the year it was between us and Alabama for conference dominance.  The rest of the conference is way down.  All we had to do was build a solid team over the last five years and it would have been a great season or two with high post season prospects. 

I agree, I am disturbed by the 2 deep on this team in year 5 .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.