Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Brohm

Started by wonderboys, October 12, 2017, 03:05:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog of steele

Is that 5 million or is that the numerator?

Phil D

Quote from: wonderboys on October 12, 2017, 03:05:22 pm
could Long actually hire a BP guy?

I would be all for it as long as it wasn't BP, he already burned that bridge in my opinion.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

hog of steele

Quote from: Phil D on October 14, 2017, 03:44:08 am
I would be all for it as long as it wasn't BP, he already burned that bridge in my opinion.

Yeah BP really messed that situation up.

ur

Well it looks like Brohm's DC, Nick Holt, has a connection to Arkansas.

In August 2012, Holt was named the on-campus recruiting coordinator at Arkansas, under new head coach John L. Smith.[2] The position was previously held by Jessica Dorrell, the mistress of fired head coach Bobby Petrino, at a salary of $55,735 per year. Holt was scheduled to receive similar compensation

EastArkHog 47

I'd be happy if they hired HDN, just get rid of Bielema

RebelliousHog

Some coaches don't have to be a great recruiter. His record stands for itself. For all we know Saban may be an awful "recruiter", but what 18 yer old is going to tell him no if he comes calling.

Bear was the same. Rockne, Hayes at Ohio St., Bo at Michy. You get my point.

Frankly besides Saban, I don't see any others of that caliber. And I will grant that if he weren't at Alamaba, things might be different
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

tusksincolorado

Only current HCs need to apply....qualifications for the position from past Administrations.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hawgball40

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 04:07:43 pm
BUMP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Brohm

Our next coach I would hope.

He's a great coach, and I'd love to get him.  Could take Purdue to a bowl game in his first year there.  I'd be talking about him more, but most of the posters here wouldn't be able to get over the fact that he's 4-5 so far this year.

To put that into perspective, Purdue's records the previous four years were:

2013: 1-11
2014: 3-9
2015: 2-10
2016: 3-9
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

He has "it"

He is the only person that can run CBP's offensive like CBP.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Great coach but I don't think he would leave Purdue after a year, just like I don't think PJ Fleck would leave Minnesota after a year.  These are guys at G5 schools that have to strike when the iron is hot.  They are at P5 schools, in the honeymoon period and being paid well. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Wildhog on November 09, 2017, 04:14:14 pm
He's a great coach, and I'd love to get him.  Could take Purdue to a bowl game in his first year there.  I'd be talking about him more, but most of the posters here wouldn't be able to get over the fact that he's 4-5 so far this year.

To put that into perspective, Purdue's records the previous four years were:

2013: 1-11
2014: 3-9
2015: 2-10
2016: 3-9

I'd love to have him but I haven't put much thought into it b/c he already has a pretty significant salary and I think (?) his buyout may be a little prohibitive.  Norvell has neither.

thebignasty

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 09, 2017, 04:53:11 pm
I'd love to have him but I haven't put much thought into it b/c he already has a pretty significant salary and I think (?) his buyout may be a little prohibitive.  Norvell has neither.

Brohm makes 3.3mil and Brohm's buyout would be 4.75 million after Dec 4. A competitive SEC salary for whoever it is will be in the 4mil a year range.  Doable I think, but if you're going to spend big buyout money I think you make a run on Matt Campbell first.  Norvell is definitely more economical.

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Wildhog

I didn't know he made $3.3M.  Lort.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgball40

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 09, 2017, 04:25:12 pm
Great coach but I don't think he would leave Purdue after a year, just like I don't think PJ Fleck would leave Minnesota after a year.  These are guys at G5 schools that have to strike when the iron is hot.  They are at P5 schools, in the honeymoon period and being paid well.
That's probably a really good point, and honestly something i hadn't really considered.

thebignasty

Quote from: Wildhog on November 09, 2017, 06:02:24 pm
I didn't know he made $3.3M.  Lort.

I know. Seems like Purdue could use some of that to figure out a better way to move a kid with a broken neck around than shoving him in a van with a trainer.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Paul

Quote from: Hogwild on October 13, 2017, 08:50:34 am
Mike Bobinski-

Bobinski has 30 years of athletic management experience, with two decades of that as an athletic director. He graduated from Notre Dame in 1979 where he played baseball before becoming a certified public accountant. After working for five years with the Walt Disney Company and large accounting firms, he started his athletic administration career at Notre Dame in 1984.

Bobinski has held the same position(athletic director) at the Georgia Institute of Technology(GA Tech) since 2013, as well as the University of Akron and Xavier University previously.

another carpetbagger!  jk