Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 12:43:41 pm
I heard they just complained about pepsi and tabled the coaching hire untill next month

I'm 100% ok with that.

BRING BACK COKE, THIS OTHER BROWN BUBBLE WATER IS AN ABOMINATION
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

pseudorabies

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on November 02, 2012, 12:46:06 pm
I'm 100% ok with that.

BRING BACK COKE, THIS OTHER BROWN BUBBLE WATER IS AN ABOMINATION

Mixers with Pepsi is an abomination. 

Rooka

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 12:43:41 pm
I heard they just complained about pepsi and tabled the coaching hire untill next month
Good.  :puke:

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: pseudorabies on November 02, 2012, 12:47:49 pm

COMMON GROUND!

Now, let's build on that.

RiteRev

PonderinHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Finally, we agree. Now Pepsi + Sam Walton Moon Pies = great margin at the retail level AND Elvis has left the building.
Go Hogs Go!

Dirty

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 02, 2012, 12:51:16 pm
Finally, we agree. Now Pepsi + Sam Walton Moon Pies = great margin at the retail level.

Well, if I was still poor, maybe.

I'm going Coke and Little Debbies now.

But then again, I'm rollin in the benjis.

jry04

Quote from: Feralhog on November 02, 2012, 12:45:40 pm
Rsvl, unless I misread your post, you claim you knew we were in talks with BP almost two weeks before we hired him. I'm just asking if we pulled up your posts from back thenn would it support your claim?
A few things:

I never said I posted it. I am not trying to take credit for knowing what went on, just that Pseudo is wrong. I never claimed to know anything at the time, not too many outside of the two agents and Long knew what was going on. Like I said, we were doing Bowden a favor, yet BOT members felt we were seriously offering him. There were even people complaining in the media that some of the BOT is disgusted that we were attempting to hire Bowden, when in reality we weren't. Also, I said at least a week before Grobe, nothing about 2 weeks.

Boardon Hamsay

Wow, we have common ground, lol. I tried making a Beam and Pepsi once. The Beam jumped out of the glass and ran for dear life.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boog41

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 02, 2012, 12:29:02 pm
You mean, until he was forced to talk to him by others who had significant influence over Long's future with the U of A? Same as M.A., same as now. No difference. Good business manager, poor in terms of a coaching search.

Somewhere here on HV there is a link to about a 20 minute interview with Shaun arnell and another fella that spells out the whole hiring of CBP. He basically fell in Longs lap and his agent had to reach out more than once to get Long to listen. I'm too lazy to search for the link. Any of you who have been on here for a few years know what I'm talking about though.

MuskogeeHogFan

November 02, 2012, 12:54:51 pm #41962 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:56:55 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on November 02, 2012, 12:52:08 pm
Well, if I was still poor, maybe.

I'm going Coke and Little Debbies now.

But then again, I'm rollin in the benjis.

It's not on the personal level, it is retail margin, which is more important if you are Walmart. Can you remember always seeing Moon Pies on an endcap or at the check-out? There's a reason for this. Mr. Sam would crucify you if you didn't have these up front for "impulse" purchases.
Go Hogs Go!

Dirty

IBleedRazorbackRed

Welcome back Xhog!! Missed your comments about pseudo being right.

jry04

Quote from: Boog41 on November 02, 2012, 12:54:39 pm
Somewhere here on HV there is a link to about a 20 minute interview with Shaun arnell and another fella that spells out the whole hiring of CBP. He basically fell in Longs lap and his agent had to reach out more than once to get Long to listen. I'm too lazy to search for the link. Any of you who have been on here for a few years know what I'm talking about though.
THat was actually with Braunecker. I will see if I can find it. It says a lot of what I have been saying. He leaves out some details that he either didn't know, or couldn't discuss. However, it would definitely at least suggest Pseudo is wrong regarding going from Grobe to Muschamp.

Clax10

Quote from: rlh06 on November 02, 2012, 12:52:43 pm
Wow, we have common ground, lol. I tried making a Beam and Pepsi once. The Beam jumped out of the glass and ran for dear life.

I normally use diet coke.  I like 40 creek, which is Canadian so it is a little sweeter then the Jacks, and Beams of the world.  So Diet is not as sweet as regular. Using regular coke with a Canadian whiskey is WAY to sweet for me.  But the other night I was out, I found a stray Dr. Thunder in my beer fridge that my step dad left in there.  I used it..... I never should have used it.

Boarme

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 02, 2012, 12:57:58 pm

Welcome back definitely missed

PonderinHog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 02, 2012, 12:57:58 pm
He's a changed man...

So's BP!

T-man

Capt. Hamm

Did anyone ever find out Gruden's favorite adult beverage of choice? Go Hogs!  :razorback:

Quote from: RehabHog on November 02, 2012, 12:45:25 pm
This isn't difficult. The BOT has a publicly-available agenda to follow for their meeting. They end the final discussion point and formally end the meeting. Then all are together in one location to discuss the coaching hire in an off-the-record manner, put together a verbally-agreeable package, etc. They're not bound by the constraints of their official meeting.
That's illegal. The bot can't have off the record discussions about anything.  They can go executive session but not meet without being an official meeting.

Kevin

Look who i had lunch with in cary, nc
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

Quote from: This little pig fan on November 02, 2012, 01:08:35 pm
Did anyone ever find out Gruden's favorite adult beverage of choice? Go Hogs!  :razorback:
Officially, Corona.  Unofficially, no clue.

T-man

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 12:45:56 pm
The bigger question is did they go into executive session?

No.

Quote from: RehabHog on November 02, 2012, 12:45:25 pm
This isn't difficult. The BOT has a publicly-available agenda to follow for their meeting. They end the final discussion point and formally end the meeting. Then all are together in one location to discuss the coaching hire in an off-the-record manner, put together a verbally-agreeable package, etc. They're not bound by the constraints of their official meeting.

Keep reaching
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Dirty

PaleHorse

Quote from: Boog41 on November 02, 2012, 12:54:39 pm

http://www.hogdb.com/2009/08/25/how-bobby-petrino-became-our-hc/
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

jry04

Mike_e

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 02, 2012, 11:55:42 am
Boy, YOU DO, have a problem with reading comprehension. I am so sorry. That must be tough.

It's one thing to think outside the box but stepping from one box to another doesn't really count.  Some people act like an atheist asking questions in church, they may be good questions but in the context (amongst believers) are completely irrelevant, they just come off looking like the jawbone Samson used.

Keep up the good work MHF
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Clax10

Quote from: Mike_e on November 02, 2012, 01:17:16 pm
It's one thing to think outside the box but stepping from one box to another doesn't really count.  Some people act like an atheist asking questions in church, they may be good questions but in the context (amongst believers) are completely irrelevant, they just come off looking like the jawbone Samson used.

Keep up the good work MHF

What is an atheist doing in church?  :D

Mike_e

Quote from: Clax10 on November 02, 2012, 01:18:46 pm
What is an atheist doing in church?  :D

Being an azz of course.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

jry04

Quote from: PaleHorse on November 02, 2012, 01:16:38 pm
http://www.hogdb.com/2009/08/25/how-bobby-petrino-became-our-hc/
He doesn't say Jeff Long was offering Bowden as a favor, but he does say Bowden was just using us to get a raise. He says Bowden had an offer, but Pseudo says he was never offered. Also, unless I missed it, no word of Muschamp...

Goes with what some of us have been saying. Funny. Darek probably has no clue...

HogCard

Even the Coach Search thread up near MMQB is boring today.  C'mon people, we need info!

T-man

Quote from: FireLong on November 02, 2012, 01:15:03 pm
No.

Keep reaching

Please, just go back to your agenda of trying to get Long fired.  Once he hires a great coach then we will all come to you and LAUGH IN YOUR FACE.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: ween on November 02, 2012, 01:10:03 pm
I haven't seen him either... Is he not still in Hogville Pergatory?

He posted a video 2 pages back.

Clax10

Quote from: ween on November 02, 2012, 01:23:03 pm
Wasting his time with everybody else?   :)

Glad you said it and not me!  ;)

T-man

pseudorabies

Quote from: T-man on November 02, 2012, 01:28:23 pm
Please, just go back to your agenda of trying to get Long fired.  Once he hires a great coach then we will all come to you and LAUGH IN YOUR FACE.

Settle down Mafia or the rest of the mods are going to figure out you are back. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: ween on November 02, 2012, 01:10:03 pm
I haven't seen him either... Is he not still in Hogville Pergatory?
He's heavily medicated at this time...

Feralhog

We railed the thread with politics a week or two ago, I guess we're shooting for religion this week.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: Feralhog on November 02, 2012, 01:40:07 pm
We railed the thread with politics a week or two ago, I guess we're shooting for religion this week.

What? Were is that at?

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: pseudorabies on November 02, 2012, 01:37:04 pm

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: pseudorabies on November 02, 2012, 01:37:04 pm

hawgjr

Quote from: This little pig fan on November 02, 2012, 01:08:35 pm

Arky

The religous banter makes me nervous. I ignore political talk.
What channel is the game on & i'll hang up and listen.

Gruden

HogCard

Usually hate Finebaum but he is telling it like it is on Bo's show.

Paraphrasing:   (1) Strong is good but nothing compared to Petrino..................(2) no chance Gruden goes to Tenn.

SpineHog

Quote from: FireLong on November 02, 2012, 01:15:03 pm
No.

Keep reaching

WAY more of a reach to think the BOT members were all in the same room & the coaching search never came up.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Feralhog on November 02, 2012, 01:40:07 pm
No stay with the politics right now,this is a big week.