Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Murray St. is handing Auburn a whoopin...

Started by pigture perfect, November 15, 2012, 08:54:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

This league definitely needs us to become a power again.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

Isaiah Canaan had 26 points and Stacy Wilson chipped in 18 as Murray State whooped Auburn 79-59 in Charleston, SC and a game generously branded as a "Classic".

Rob Chubb led Auburn with 12 points.  Auburn was down 45-19 at the half. Canaan had 20 points in the first half.

Murray hit 53% from the field including 11-23 from Treyville. Auburn managed 20-60 from the field, 2-10 on their "3's" and a meager 17-30 from the charity stripe. The SEC refs allowed Auburn to shoot almost twice as many FTs as the Mafia.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on July 04, 2012, 12:31:10 pm
Barbee: "This will be the most talented team I've had since I've been here. Other people might be saying, 'Well, we lost this guy, we lost that guy.' Well, the players we brought in are better than the players that left. That's why our program is moving in the right direction."

Auburn was down by as many as 38 yesterday before Coach Prohm called off the hit.

Frankie Sullivan injured his arm in a collision with the scorer's table.

"I'm disappointed that we didn't show more fight early in the game," Auburn head coach Tony Barbee said. "I have to evaluate everything. I have to evaluate how I am coaching this team, and I have to evaluate who I am playing and why I am playing guys because for some reason we are not getting it. We are not getting it."

When asked after the game if his team has 'clicked,' Prohm cut a sheepish smile and quipped back, not one to hype up his own players too much.

"It clicked tonight," he said. "They were good."

The biggest advantage may have come in the Racers ability to play their upperclassmen sparingly on Wednesday night. Canaan played just 26 minutes, while Stacy Wilson and Ed Daniel were only on the floor for 21 each. Brandon Garrett saw 18 minutes of action, with Dexter Fields seeing 24.

Because of that, Canaan says Murray State should feel rested entering this evening's contest with St. John's.

Gamer by Ricky Martin
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawg Balling

Quote from: jbcarol on November 16, 2012, 06:43:26 am
Isaiah Canaan had 26 points and Stacy Wilson chipped in 18 as Murray State whooped Auburn 79-59 in Charleston, SC and a game generously branded as a "Classic".

Rob Chubb led Auburn with 12 points.  Auburn was down 45-19 at the half. Canaan had 20 points in the first half.

Murray hit 53% from the field including 11-23 from Treyville. Auburn managed 20-60 from the field, 2-10 on their "3's" and a meager 17-30 from the charity stripe. The SEC refs allowed Auburn to shoot almost twice as many FTs as the Mafia.

Pat Dye says it's all Tuberville's fault.