Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU 11a CST ESPN

Started by jbcarol, November 05, 2017, 01:59:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles‏Verified account @MicklesAdvocate 3h3 hours ago

An early look: Scouting Arkansas, #LSU's next opponent on Saturday
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_90550c98-c206-11e7-8f99-774fda792f03.html ...

QuoteON THE RAZORBACKS DEFENSE

The Razorbacks have struggled on this side of the ball and rank near the bottom of the SEC against the run (190.2 ypg) and pass (232.0 ypg) and have allowed at least 35 points six times while giving up 36.1 points per game.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

(notOM)Rebel123

Any chance they move it back to 8:00 am?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jbcarol

jbcarol

HoopS

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 59m59 minutes ago

#LSU drops out of the @AP_Top25 after loss to #Bama.

jbcarol

jbcarol

(notOM)Rebel123

Meanwhile, in Fayetteville.....

WaltonCollege

We're only giving up 36 a game? Not bad I thought it was like 50. Thankfully mighty Florida atm put up only 7 against our heralded defense to skew the numbers.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger

New | #LSU's gotta chance for its best SEC record (6-2) since 2012.

The key? A #Bama rebound like last year.

QuoteSure, Ed Orgeron landed the LSU permanent head coaching job three weeks later when the Tigers walloped Texas A&M and then Tom Herman rebuffed the program's interests, but this is when it really began — a game at Arkansas after a 10-0 loss to Alabama.

LSU whipped the Razorbacks on the road, impressing many of the school's decisions-makers, a rebound performance that justified Orgeron's talked-about motivational skills. It started on Sunday afternoon following that Bama loss, the Tigers strength and conditioning staff switching into motivating mode, clapping and yelling around the facility. It carried into the week of practice and meetings.

On the team plane to Fayetteville, Arkansas, staff members continued their tactics, commissioned by Orgeron to fuel a squad that Bama beat down seven days prior.

They need a repeat this week, and the LSU coach says it won't be a problem.

"We're going to finish. There's a lot of belief in our locker room right now," Orgeron said Saturday night after a seventh straight loss to the Crimson Tide, this time in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "Those guys would be ready to play a game tomorrow morning right now."

Bama snapped LSU's three-game win streak —

The 24-10 loss to the top-ranked and undefeated Tide behind them, LSU (6-3, 3-2 SEC) now gets a reeling team with an embattled coach in the earliest home kickoff for a game since 2011. The Tigers, who slipped out of the AP top 25 but are ranked 25th by the coaches, host Arkansas (4-5, 1-4) at 11 a.m.

ShadowTheHedgehog

jbcarol

InHOGuration Ball

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 02:08:04 pm
Meanwhile, in Fayetteville.....

This made my weekend!   I haven't laughed this hard in a long time....

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 7m7 minutes ago

#LSU opens as a 16.5-point favorite against Arkansas, per @TwitVI. That's the offshore opening line - not Vegas.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 10m10 minutes ago

Of Jalen Hurts' 26 dropbacks, #LSU got pressure a whopping 16 times - half of those from Arden Key (Eight). #LSU

Hurts took 6 designed runs for 46 yards and scrambled for 18 yards on 2 more. #LSU

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 7m7 minutes ago

Bama pressure on Etling last year: 14 in 29 dropbacks Bama pressures on Etling this year: 6 in 26 dropbacks

Note on this: #LSU purposely designed the game plan around protecting Etling. Quick, short throws at times, bootlegs, extra TEs blocking.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 5m5 minutes ago

#LSU jet sweep gains in order: 5, 8, 5, 2, 4, 0, 0, -2, 4, 6, 5.

(11 for 37 yards)

jbcarol

LSU's deep shots fall short, or just miss, as new-look offense can't cut it in loss to Alabama

QuoteTUSCALOOSA, Ala. — It was unlike any offensive game plan LSU ran against Alabama in recent memory.

At least for a while.

Danny Etling threw deep often. Russell Gage ran the jet sweep more than he ever has. And the most explosive play of the Tigers' 24-10 loss to the Crimson Tide on Saturday was a 54-yard run by Darrel Williams out of a wildcat-style formation.

Ultimately, it wasn't enough.

Hoggish1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 02:00:07 pm

That would be up, but maybe daylight savings time messed with you...

14erHog

Please baby Jesus don't let ole Beth be on play-by-play
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 02:00:07 pm
Actually I was going to suggest 2:00 am. That way we can get the whipping over before most of the rest of the college football world even realizes the game's been played.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 8m8 minutes ago

#LSU sold out for the run.

On #Bama's 27 runs before its final few plays:
- 7 men in the box: 18 times
- 8 men in the box: 9 times

jbcarol

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 05, 2017, 04:48:27 pm
That would be up, but maybe daylight savings time messed with you...
Okay....move it up. Geez.
But I'm pretty sure I turned my clock "back" last night.

You know..."Fall Back, Spring forward."?

jbcarol

SEC Country LSU‏ @SECCountryLSU
A 'couple of plays' were the difference in LSU's loss to Alabama http://sec.news/2lSJjeg  #GeauxTigers

QuoteTUSCALOOSA, Ala. — You can count the number of defensive miscues on one hand.

The rare combination of a finely tuned pass rush with lockdown coverage helped LSU rip off three consecutive SEC victories heading into its showdown Saturday night at Bryant-Denny Stadium. While both of those elements were certainly evident, top-ranked Alabama took advantage of some spotty play in the back of the defense, which ultimately was the difference in the Tigers' first loss since September.

"It wasn't an off night," junior cornerback Donte Jackson said after the 24-10 loss to the Crimson Tide. "We played hard for 60 minutes, and about three or four plays, our guys weren't tuned in or focused on their assignment. They let their guy loose or get open and that's all it was.

"It was on us because these are things we work on and get right 10 out of 10 times. The one play came down to a couple of inches. LSU versus Alabama is a grown-man game, a game of inches. Every second counts, every inch counts and every yard counts. We just lost on a couple of plays."

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

LSU film study: What went wrong on the missed deep throws against Alabama

QuoteAlabama always loads the box with defenders against LSU to take away the run. So why not play into that tendency? Load the box with offensive players, isolate your best wide receiver in man coverage, keep seven or eight men in to block for your quarterback and heave the ball deep to your isolated receiver in man coverage.

You can't find a simpler plan than that. It's a strategy Pop Warner football teams use every fall. Pit your best playmaker against your opponents and bet on your athlete. Canada was betting Chark would be faster than whoever Alabama lined up against him and would be able to get open in the deepest crevasses of the secondary.

And here's the crazy thing: Canada was right. This strategy should've worked. Over and over and over and over and over again. Go back and watch the tape. Chark was isolated in single coverage every time he streaked down the field. Sometimes there was safety help. Sometimes there wasn't. But no matter the coverage, Chark had the opportunity to gain leverage on his defender and win a 50-50 ball for a huge gain.

But nothing ever worked.

HardCore

Quote from: Karma on November 05, 2017, 03:29:21 pm
I assume 11 central.

And probably flipping over to OSU/ISU by noon.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hogwild

Quote from: 14erHog on November 05, 2017, 05:18:31 pm
Please baby Jesus don't let ole Beth be on play-by-play

Please say a prayer, her voice is horrible.  I tried last week to watch the A&M game could only make it through half of the first quarter before I put on the UF/Mizzou game (which was a blowout)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogwild on November 07, 2017, 07:50:16 am
Please say a prayer, her voice is horrible.  I tried last week to watch the A&M game could only make it through half of the first quarter before I put on the UF/Mizzou game (which was a blowout)
I've found the best answer to her announcing a game is to automatically hit the "mute" button. Silence truly is golden.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger

#LSU Practice Report: Not one, but two of Tigers' starting tackles miss drills Tuesday

QuoteLSU's other tackle missed practice Tuesday.

Right tackle Toby Weathersby was not present during the limited portion of practice open to reporters, joining left tackle KJ Malone as key absentees from drills. Malone has missed the last month of practice after suffering a left knee injury at Florida.

Weathersby's absence is unclear, but he's battled a host of injuries.

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country LSU‏ @SECCountryLSU

6-foot-7?!?! LSU defenders amazed by Arkansas QB Cole Kelley's size http://sec.news/2zkGjN4  #GeauxTigers

TNhogfan

Quote from: Hogwild on November 07, 2017, 07:50:16 am
ESPN had mercy on Hog-LSU fans by not assigning her crew to the game.  I am not a fan of any of that crew.  Not real familiar with the crew assigned to the game, but the Mowins crew is one of the worst if not worst ESPN has.  These guys are doing the game:  Jason Benetti, Kelly Stouffer, Julie Stewart-Binks

Jackrabbit Hog

Can you imagine our slow, tubby tackles trying to block Arden Key?

Me neither.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol