Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For You StubHub Experts....

Started by SouthAR Hog, December 09, 2014, 02:20:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthAR Hog

At what point will the tickets in the 300's and 500's (Razorback Section) reach their point and begin to fall due to demand, OR do you think that won't happen for this particular game?  Could they continue to dwindle and creep up in the price all the way until Gameday?  I'm sure there's no right answer...just curious what some of you experienced open market ticket buyers think.

SouthAR Hog

"reach their peak"...sorry for the typo.

code red

Get em from uofa.  I could see this one selling out.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Simple Swineman

If you really want cheap tickets then go to Houston and buy them outside the stadium. Everybody will say you are stupid, but I can 100% guarantee you that if you do you will get cheap (dirt cheap) tickets and may even get in free.

Most people are too scared to attempt this, but bowl games are BY FAR the easiest games to get cheap tickets off the street. This is true for EVERY bowl game except the national championship game.

Here is why...

Of course, all prices are based on supply and demand. Demand is by far the highest in the hours and days just after the bowl announcements (right now). This is when people panic and pay stupid prices because they think there won't be any tickets available. Many people even buy extras because they think they will easily be able to sell them if plans fall through.

However, bowl games add a different dynamic. Because the game is not on any team's campus it is a planned trip by 99.9% of the fans. Nobody just up and drives to a bowl game without tickets in hand. Unlike a game on campus where people without tickets decide at the last minute to just drive across town to the stadium and see if they can get in.

This results in virtually ZERO buyers outside the stadium before a bowl game. Everybody there already has tickets. But there are still hundreds of people trying to sell tickets because they bought extras, somebody couldn't make it, etc.

As a result the very few buyers that are actually at the stadium before a bowl game can virtually name their price. There will be people there that literally can't give their tickets away. I saw a guy throw away a handful of tickets at the 2000 Cotton Bowl vs Texas. At the Sugar Bowl vs. Ohio State there were more tickets available than you could count. It is this way at every bowl game.

As I said, everybody will say you are nuts for attempting to go without tickets, but that proves my point. Nobody does it. You will be one of the very few buyers there and can pick your seats and name your price.

SouthAR Hog

Good points...I think I'll sit tight for a while either way...whether I decide to purchase on StubHub or buy outside the stadium.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Simple Swineman on December 09, 2014, 02:47:33 pm
If you really want cheap tickets then go to Houston and buy them outside the stadium. Everybody will say you are stupid, but I can 100% guarantee you that if you do you will get cheap (dirt cheap) tickets and may even get in free.

Most people are too scared to attempt this, but bowl games are BY FAR the easiest games to get cheap tickets off the street. This is true for EVERY bowl game except the national championship game.

Here is why...

This ^^^^  is sound advice.

I have been to 21 Hog bowl games, plus one SECCG.  I have eaten "extras tickets" at many of them.

I know, it is counter-intuitive to drive hours 12 to a game for which you have no tickets. But I bet you easily obtain tickets at the hotel, or some restaurant, before you ever get near the stadium.

In Orlando in 99, I had extra tickets, tried to sell them outside before the game, not one serious offer. (BTW, Michigan female fans, as a whole, look a lot like the offensive line at your neighborhood high school....except not as pretty in the face)

Gave up, headed for the gate, got stopped by a scalper who gave me five buck apiece. As we watched the game, our "extra" seats began filling up. All paid full price to the scalper, or so they said.

LRRandy

I'm not going to copy swinemans whole post but he is right. I've seen it from both sides. I ate two tickets to the 2000 Cotton bowl but picked up 2 tickets to the 2004 Alamo bowl on site 1/2 price. I probably could have paid less but I wanted to get inside.

Great advice. +1
This is fun, isn't it.

SouthAR Hog

Does this apply to what I would consider "decent" seats at this game...300's in the endzone and 500's on the West Side?  It appears as though the 100's-400's on the West Side are the University allotment...OR am I most likely looking at buying tickets for the 600's at a very reduced price?

Pickwick Hog

I use Vividseats rather than Stubhub these days. Vividseats has an instant download feature available on many seats and the prices get ridiculously low 24 hrs before kickoff.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on December 09, 2014, 03:46:25 pm
I use Vividseats rather than Stubhub these days. Vividseats has an instant download feature available on many seats and the prices get ridiculously low 24 hrs before kickoff.

Both of those options are on stubhub as well.  Stubhub has a declining price option for sellers leading up to the event.

Best practice it to always wait and let sellers bring the price down
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Beavthompson

Impossible to get sold out UGA vs UA in Little Rock. I paid below face value for excellent seats.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!