Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Bowl Rankings

Started by Amityvillehogger, December 08, 2014, 09:52:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WBC Hog

Marshall vs Northern Illinois ahead of us is stupidity.

Uncommon

December 08, 2014, 11:58:52 pm #2 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:12:44 am by Uncommon
Quote from: Surfing8 on December 08, 2014, 10:01:20 pm
Oh, and this guy's main comment about our bowl is poking fun at Longhorns and Aggies too scared to play each other... nice.
I know right.  Pissed me off too.  How about a comment about the teams that are actually playing instead of who you think should be playing?  Wanted to punch my computer screen while throwing the bird after reading his comment about our bowl matchup.

hogsevenseven

Ranked higher than several bowls that have ranked teams.

Augustus

Quote from: WBC Hog on December 08, 2014, 09:58:03 pm

I think the fact that he had to qualify it "hear me out..." just further proves your point.  He knew it, too.

redeye

More proof that ESPN loves us.

Piggfoot

Marshal ( if half of La techs team hadn't been suspended they would have smeared Marshal)  NIU politics.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

rzrbackrob

Objectively, Hogs/Horns is easily top ten.
Good is the enemy of great

LRRandy

Quote from: Uncommon on December 08, 2014, 11:58:52 pm
I know right.  Pissed me off too.  How about a comment about the teams that are actually playing instead of who you think should be playing?  Wanted to punch my computer screen while throwing the bird after reading his comment about our bowl matchup.
win. Much love was given to the razorback team for the improvement shown. However, you want real love, you gotta win more than 6 games. The nation yawns at games featuring 6-6 teams.
This is fun, isn't it.

ZERO

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 09, 2014, 01:26:18 am
Marshal ( if half of La techs team hadn't been suspended they would have smeared Marshal)  NIU politics.

Marshall is going to get decimated. 10 of their 14 opponents will not end the year with a winning record. Let that sink in.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Redhogs

Quote from: LRRandy on December 09, 2014, 06:26:54 am
win. Much love was given to the razorback team for the improvement shown. However, you want real love, you gotta win more than 6 games. The nation yawns at games featuring 6-6 teams.
^^^^THIS^^^^ The "improved" love affair is over....if the wins don't start coming they will turn like man eating dogs again...saw some of that after the MO. game.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

demonHOG1013

Quote from: Surfing8 on December 08, 2014, 10:01:20 pm
Ranked below a bowl involving Marshall and NIU???

Oh, and this guy's main comment about our bowl is poking fun at Longhorns and Aggies too scared to play each other... nice.

While we're at it I bet we get a lot better ratings than Minnesota / Missouri as well.

Weak attempt by Schlabach@#^$

And he mentioned Ohio State's vacated victory over us in the Sugar Bowl.

DEVIL DOG HOG

This thread just proves that Arkansas could be in the championship bowl and some people would complain!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on December 09, 2014, 07:23:57 am
This thread just proves that Arkansas could be in the championship bowl and some people would complain!

+1

jbell96

I just find it amusing that they rank a bowl game involving a team we beat 52-14 ahead of ours.

code red

We are bowling people...who gives a flip about ESPN.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Tripod1

Quote from: code red on December 09, 2014, 09:34:54 am
This sums it up.  Also I know it is hard for some to understand that Hogs-Horns just does not excite most folks around the country. 

Uncommon

Quote from: LRRandy on December 09, 2014, 06:26:54 am
My post wasn't saying that ESPN hates us or disrespects us.  My post was saying how about using that writing space for the teams that are actually playing instead of who he thought should be playing in the bowl game.

lumphog

Quote from: code red on December 09, 2014, 09:34:54 am
EUCK FSPN!!!!!

Hoggish1

15th best game isn't bad, but I would have rated it a few places higher.

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

skbhog

Willing to bet ours will be in the top 10 most watched.

DeltaBoy

Hog vs Horns should be higher.  We Curb stomped NIU.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

scruf

LOL, this is priceless:

7. Belk Bowl
No. 13 Georgia vs. No. 21 Louisville
6:30 p.m. ET, Dec. 31 (ESPN)

Welcome to the Todd Grantham Bowl. Grantham, the Cardinals' defensive coordinator, bolted Georgia after the 2013 season and didn't exactly leave on the best of terms. He'll try to help the Cardinals shut down UGA's high-powered rushing attack. Plus, Louisville can get an early start on scouting any Georgia players that might be dismissed from the team next summer.

XX

Quote from: WBC Hog on December 08, 2014, 09:58:03 pm
After what Marshall went through in 1970...I'll forever be grateful of any and all accomplishments this school achieves.  Our few years of hell doesn't compare to the Thundering Herd's nightmare.
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogsevenseven on December 08, 2014, 11:59:17 pm
Ranked higher than several bowls that have ranked teams.

This... I feel like Mr. Brightside around some of these posters...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WBC Hog

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on December 10, 2014, 10:47:33 am
After what Marshall went through in 1970...I'll forever be grateful of any and all accomplishments this school achieves.  Our few years of hell doesn't compare to the Thundering Herd's nightmare.

I wasn't born yet when that happened so the first I had ever heard of it was when the movie came out a few years ago. I couldn't even imagine what that would be like. I wouldn't wish that on any of my personal most hated programs.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

They have the Cotton bowl ranked as 3rd highest. Isn't this the first year in forever that ESPN has the coverage?

hoglady

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on December 10, 2014, 10:47:33 am

I always find myself rooting for this program to have great success.
I remember that tragedy well.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogwallup

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.