Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to bring back the throwbacks!

Started by WorfHog, December 07, 2014, 09:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleHog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2014, 10:15:20 am
I know, lets just see if Super Man will fly around the earth counter clock wise really fast and maybe, just maybe, he can actually turn time back to 1964, since so many of you are stuck there anyway.

Some of you sound just like my 71 yr old mom and my 98 year old grandma, every time I talk to them I hear about how they wish things we like they were in such and such year.  My grandma literally came to Western Arkansas in a covered wagon, so she can take us back a LONG way.

I don't think it's so much that we want to live in the past, rather it is more in honor of the '64 team. Since our rivalry w/ Texas was at it's peak during that time period, it seems fitting that we would break them out for this game (as we get very few chances to play them these days). Why not embrace the winning tradition that team had and honor arguably the best team to don the Razorback helmet?!?!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2014, 10:15:20 am
I know, lets just see if Super Man will fly around the earth counter clock wise really fast and maybe, just maybe, he can actually turn time back to 1964, since so many of you are stuck there anyway.

Some of you sound just like my 71 yr old mom and my 98 year old grandma, every time I talk to them I hear about how they wish things we like they were in such and such year.  My grandma literally came to Western Arkansas in a covered wagon, so she can take us back a LONG way.
Tool

southarkhog06

Quote from: Quickdraw on December 10, 2014, 09:37:07 am
I'm not a fan of throwbacks, l like the uniforms we have now.
how dare you live in any era but the 60's-70's shame on you shame!!!

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: southarkhog06 on December 10, 2014, 10:51:13 am
how dare you live in any era but the 60's-70's shame on you shame!!!
uniforms are a matter of opinion, it's not wrong if somebody likes the new stuff better than what we had before. It's all a matter of taste.

I like our new uniforms better than our old ones, but I also understand the interest in wearing throwbacks for a game like this. In the right circumstance I think its a cool idea.

Being a whiny tool who extrapolates what I stated above into "living in the past" and trying to make things like they "were in the good ole days" are different things...

::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Sed76 on December 09, 2014, 11:48:35 pm
Would love to see them but seriously doubt Nike is gonna design and produce new jerseys for us on such short notice.

Ummm. . . there's NOTHING to design "new" . . . we've already worn the white uni's (Auburn, Tech, MSU).  Only thing we'd have to do is to wear the red throwback HELMET.  That's homage enough.  And we already have them as well.

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 10, 2014, 10:13:28 am
I tend to agree with you. The red is too dark and it makes us look like Bama wannabe's.

It makes us look like ARKANSAS in the 1950's and 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.  Don't much care  how it stacks up to Alabama in any year.

Tequilin' Time

Well the fashion designers are invading a football forum again.  SMH

<-----  I'll bring the models.

WPS

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Cresthog

We lost in the throwbacks and missed a FG.

No thanks because I 100% believe the jerseys we wear effect the outcome of the game.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on December 10, 2014, 02:21:48 pm
uniforms are a matter of opinion, it's not wrong if somebody likes the new stuff better than what we had before. It's all a matter of taste.

I like our new uniforms better than our old ones, but I also understand the interest in wearing throwbacks for a game like this. In the right circumstance I think its a cool idea.

Being a whiny tool who extrapolates what I stated above into "living in the past" and trying to make things like they "were in the good ole days" are different things...

::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
Lighten up Francis, I was making a joke. I like the throwbacks on occasion I guess. But you have to admit it turns into an old guy crazy fest in here when there is any segwey to the 60's-70's "glory days" and that usually involves somebody being lambasted simply for being under 40. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.