Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Storey Survives Semi-final Scare

Started by Mike Irwin, December 07, 2014, 07:51:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

In a few weeks Charleston quarterback Ty Storey, the current Gatorade player of the year in the state, will be enrolled at the University of Arkansas and going through a winter conditioning program with his new Razorback teammates. But before he hangs up his Tigers uniform for the last time Storey wants to lead Charleston to its second class 3-A state title in the past two seasons. He'll have that chance Friday night Little Rock against Smackover thanks to a come-from-behind win over a Booneville team that almost staged an upset in the 3-A semi-finals.

Before that game Storey and his Tigers had not scored fewer than 41 points all season. Their closest game was a 21 point win over Lamar. However, Friday night at home, Charleston found itself down 14-7 against a Bearcats team it had throttled 47-20 back in early November. Storey had thrown five touchdown passes in that game but he went to the halftime locker-room in the rematch with no touchdowns and a pair of interceptions.
-------------
To read the rest of this story and to view the video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/storey-survives-semifinal-scare/27146/dOx-h7C8_E6_Apobo1BUFg

jgphillips3

Hogfaniam

Those were some ugly spirals.  Was Storey playing hurt?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 08, 2014, 04:01:23 am
Those were some ugly spirals.  Was Storey playing hurt?
I swear some of you people can't be happy unless you're ripping somebody. Obviously  I was at the game. Ty Storey is like any other QB who doesn't have time spot his receivers and get off a pass. In those situations he's going to throw some picks. He had four all season. He threw three against Booneville.

However, the pass that got Charleston back in the game was a thing of beauty. He was looking to his left the whole time. The receiver was to his right. For you "staring down receivers" complainers this should have you fired up. This kid definitely doesn't do that.

He's a future quarterback at Arkansas, he's still in high school and he's already taken his first shot on Hogville.

Congratulations.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 08, 2014, 07:53:34 am
I swear some of you people can't be happy unless you're ripping somebody. Obviously  I was at the game. Ty Storey is like any other QB who doesn't have time spot his receivers and get off a pass. In those situations he's going to throw some picks. He had four all season. He threw three against Booneville.

However, the pass that got Charleston back in the game was a thing of beauty. He was looking to his left the whole time. The receiver was to his right. For you "staring down receivers" complainers this should have you fired up. This kid definitely doesn't do that.

He's a future quarterback at Arkansas, he's still in high school and he's already taken his first shot on Hogville.

Congratulations.
yup, some would bitch about being hung with a new rope.  My only thought on the video was, he's a grown man.  Looks the part of a D1 qb, without out all the ugly tats, lol

PP

razorsharptusk

I like his size.  Showed he could bring a team back as well and overcome adversity.  Great skills.
GO HOGS!!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razorsharptusk on December 08, 2014, 08:33:04 am
I like his size.  Showed he could bring a team back as well and overcome adversity.  Great skills.
booneville is no slouch, always hated the bearcats, lol

PP

Hogfaniam

Congratulations.

i honestly don't know how to respond to your response, but I will try to stumble through.

I watched the video.  Each pass looked like wounded ducks.  For what ever reason. Even the look away pass fluttered.  Given the kid's stats for the year I assumed something was wrong that game.  That he might be playing hurt. 

Now, I'm going to ask something, since I haven't seen him play. Is the wobble normal for him?  If so, then apparently Bielema is good with it and so am I.  But, you have to admit, tight spirals are the norm for QB's with his numbers.

I don't bash players.  Check my posts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

julie

Can anyone enlighten how is will be enrolled at the U in Spring?  Just curious.  Really smart? 

BorderPatrol

Mike, keep up the good work! It is much appreciated.

Quote from: julie on December 08, 2014, 10:10:10 am
Can anyone enlighten how is will be enrolled at the U in Spring?  Just curious.  Really smart?

Um, what?

bp

wupigsuey

Quote from: julie on December 08, 2014, 10:10:10 am

Yes, graduating HS early so he can enroll for spring with the hogs
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

scruf

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 08, 2014, 09:05:35 am
i honestly don't know how to respond to your response, but I will try to stumble through.

I watched the video.  Each pass looked like wounded ducks.  For what ever reason. Even the look away pass fluttered.  Given the kid's stats for the year I assumed something was wrong that game.  That he might be playing hurt. 

Now, I'm going to ask something, since I haven't seen him play. Is the wobble normal for him?  If so, then apparently Bielema is good with it and so am I.  But, you have to admit, tight spirals are the norm for QB's with his numbers.

I don't bash players.  Check my posts.

I gotta admit, you look petty when you come on here just to question a 4* QB's overall body of work based on one set of highlights (from a game he won, by the way) Did you even try searching "Ty Storey Hudl" on Google before you came on here posting this tripe? Of course you didn't, because this video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/125746375 of the 6'3", 216lb Arkansas signal caller, who was also recruited by Alabama, would not have fit whatever ignorant agenda you have. Let me guess, you don't like Bielema? Whatever man, don't passive-aggressively recruit bash.

Pigstie

Congratulations.
If he adapts to the speed of the game, I think he will be special.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: scruf on December 08, 2014, 10:41:28 am
I gotta admit, you look petty when you come on here just to question a 4* QB's overall body of work based on one set of highlights (from a game he won, by the way) Did you even try searching "Ty Storey Hudl" on Google before you came on here posting this tripe? Of course you didn't, because this video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/125746375 of the 6'3", 216lb Arkansas signal caller, who was also recruited by Alabama, would not have fit whatever ignorant agenda you have. Let me guess, you don't like Bielema? Whatever man, don't passive-aggressively recruit bash.

All I commented on we're the passes shown in the video of that game.  They fluttered.  I asked was he hurt because that seemed out of the ordinary for what he would throw.  How do you construe that into I am questioning his whole body of work?

Ignorant agenda?  Only on Hogville would asking if a kid was playing hurt be turned into agendizing.

Considering not liking Bielema, your guesses suck.   

Oklahawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 08, 2014, 09:11:39 am
Mike gets angrier with every post he makes it seems, even if someone is just asking a question he gets all pissy.

I don't know that he gets angrier. That's for him to honor with a reply.  I think Mike joins a lot of "Hogville old-timers" in being quick to tire of stupidity on the part of posters coupled with relentless baiting and trolling. Too many posters post like you do, designed to humor yourself or a small group of friends who also post on HV, rather than adding something to the general fandom of us all.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogfaniam

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 08, 2014, 01:01:18 pm
I don't know that he gets angrier. That's for him to honor with a reply.  I think Mike joins a lot of "Hogville old-timers" in being quick to tire of stupidity on the part of posters coupled with relentless baiting and trolling. Too many posters post like you do, designed to humor yourself or a small group of friends who also post on HV, rather than adding something to the general fandom of us all.

This. It is all this board is anymore. I can remember being like 15 and the internet was "big" I guess. There were chat rooms is all I know, but anyway. My buddy would bring up some "chat room" and we would just attack people with just ignorant 15 year old crap, and laugh it up. I guess that is the same thing that happens here alot.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Whiskey River

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 08, 2014, 08:05:44 am
GO SMACKOVER!

;). Hope Storey throws a td pass to another future Razorback playing in the game, Jordan Jones.
This species has amused itself to death...

jacobp

I just watched the video and saw one pass that you could consider a bit of a wobbler. And it was a completion.

the long TD pass wasn't a perfectly tight spiral, but how the hell often are they. It was beautifully executed and couldn't have been placed any better.

opineonswine

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 08, 2014, 01:01:18 pm

amen and amen...this used to be a place for Hog fans to encourage each other and the team.  Thankfully there are still a bunch of great fans still around.  Sadly, many of the old guard left due to stupidity and the juvenile self-appointed experts who couldn't say anything good about anything.  It's disgusting and a poor reflection on Arkansas fandom.  Just go away.

Granny fan

Well the Ty bashing better not start around this Granny.  He is a good kid and a great athlete!

HouSwine

Seems like J Montana's throws were not tight spirals.

allhogislost

I didn't notice anything but downfield accuracy. The games I have seen in person his passes are on the money. By the way  Saban liked the way they looked. 

Pig Worshipper

Looks like the real deal to me. Very nice touch on the ball.

woodrow hog call

I am not convinced he will red shirt, I could see him being the back up to BA next season, if he picks up the offense well enough. I think he is a rare talent.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

pigbacon

I'm looking forward to this kid getting on campus. The spring game will be fun to watch.

BaggerHog

Guys, Ty had a very difficult time of it in that game. He was running for his life all night. He had four interceptions for the season and threw three in this game. Two were not his fault and one would have been complete had his receiver not fallen down.

You have to remember Charleston is near of the bottom of 3A and not much bigger than a 2A school. His teammates play hard and really play above their heads so I can't complain about them. Booneville is the largest school in 3A and have move athletes. They were larger and more physical. They brought more than the smaller Tigers team could block. He could not stay in the pocket and was constantly on the move. Someone with less foot work would have never gotten the job done.

Great players rise to the top when the going gets tough. It was not one of his better games but when the going got tough he rose to the top because he has what Chaney says he has and that's the "it" factor.   

HogFanatic

Peyton Manning is, perhaps, the greatest QB to ever play the game and it seems that he throws knuckle balls all the time.

FWIW

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 08, 2014, 01:43:07 pm

Lol. I've had those days also.

Don't take it too personal. I think Oklahawg explained it perfectly.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Hogfaniam

You guys chasing ambulances and fire trucks  are going to be disappointed when it arrives at the scene of nothing.  The kid had a rough night.  He threw some wobblers, a few were atypically "ugly".   I have watched his Hudl highlights.  His ball looked fine in those. He exhibits great touch. 

ALL I WONDERED WAS IF HE WAS HURT THAT NIGHT. No hidden agendas.  Anything else supposed or read into my comment and question is on you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Augustus

Quote from: scruf on December 08, 2014, 10:41:28 am

I hadn't seen this video before, but I'm VERY impressed.

He shows very nice patience and composure in the pocket, even when it's collapsing.  And, some of those throws he made while rolling out/ on the run certainly raised my eyebrows.

Hmm... with Rafe & Ty in the mix, it makes me wonder if we will ever find out just how good Austin A is? The future is looking bright!  :razorback:

Dr. Starcs

Could lead us to the "Duck" Dynasty Bowl and beyond. :)

BaggerHog

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 08, 2014, 10:37:18 pm
You guys chasing ambulances and fire trucks  are going to be disappointed when it arrives at the scene of nothing.  The kid had a rough night.  He threw some wobblers, a few were atypically "ugly".   I have watched his Hudl highlights.  His ball looked fine in those. He exhibits great touch. 

ALL I WONDERED WAS IF HE WAS HURT THAT NIGHT. No hidden agendas.  Anything else supposed or read into my comment and question is on you.

I'm not making excuses for Ty nor do I need to. One thing you see in the video is up until late 3rd quarter he is wearing gloves. At the 1:25 mark of the video you can see clearly he is wearing them. I don't know for a fact but was told this was the first time he had done that. Later when he is in the process of bringing the team back you can see at the :59, :40, and :32 mark the gloves are gone.   

HSVhogfan2

I saw the first int, the receiver made no effort to come back to the ball. The second one he did force a bit into coverage. The third int his receiver fell down. What folks have to remember, especially in AR HS football, you may have a 4 or 5 star QB, but receivers who are just like most all of the rest of us who played HS football. Proud to have just made the team.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

umpqua

Whatever. The reason I seldom post here. "Some of you people" aren't so nice.

Mike Irwin

December 09, 2014, 06:57:37 pm #36 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:18:36 pm by Mike Irwin
Not one of those passes was a wobbler even though a couple of them were thrown under extreme duress including one where a kid was hanging onto him.

Ty Storey is not a 21 year old college QB. The spiral on his passes will get tighter and his arm strength will improve as he progresses through Arkansas' program.

Right now you can see a difference in the velocity of Brandon's passes compared to Austin's. That's because he's been in a structured strength program two years longer.

HF#1

I think he will be the starter in a couple years.  You just can't ignore what he has done, I don't care what level of football it is.  He's got "it".  I'm not crowning the kid the second coming but if he stays away from injury and continues to develop, we are in for a great ride.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GolfnHog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 09, 2014, 07:24:30 pm
I think he will be the starter in a couple years.  You just can't ignore what he has done, I don't care what level of football it is.  He's got "it".  I'm not crowning the kid the second coming but if he stays away from injury and continues to develop, we are in for a great ride.

TS reminds me of another small town, small school, Arkansas player: Brad Taylor; he was very good as a QB for the Hogs.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

gmarv

I,m like the rest of you experts on here. (don,t really know squat) but I can see this kid has talent. with that said I hope they redshirt him, I don,t think he,ll start as a true freshman.but in two three years were all (well most of us) gonna be very excited at how good he is.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: gmarv on December 10, 2014, 02:08:56 pm
I,m like the rest of you experts on here. (don,t really know squat) but I can see this kid has talent. with that said I hope they redshirt him, I don,t think he,ll start as a true freshman.but in two three years were all (well most of us) gonna be very excited at how good he is.
I agree with you on that.

Pig Power

Congratulations.
He was under duress the entire game it seemed. Wave after wave of blitzing

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 08, 2014, 09:05:35 am

I watched the video. You don't know what you are talking about.

Note to Hogville readers: The statement "Each pass looked like wounded ducks" is a lie. It's not an exaggeration, it's a lie.
[CENSORED]!