Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

has anybody watched a game from Reliant?

Started by SPAL, December 07, 2014, 06:54:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Are the upper deck seats decent? They look to be fairly good on the virtual seat.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 07, 2014, 06:54:58 pm
Are the upper deck seats decent? They look to be fairly good on the virtual seat.
Yes, but bring binoculars if you want to see the action in detail in real time.  The video board is large enough for good replays.

-phil

Brer Hog

Bout like sitting in visitors side upper deck at RRS.

SPAL

PositronHog

Wonder If Ryan Mallet will get to be on the sideline during the game?

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.

razorbrock

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 07, 2014, 11:10:18 pm
Not bad at all. No bad seats in the place.

Concur.  I attended a Texans game and a HS playoff game in NRG Stadium (no longer Reliant).  Overall, all of the seats are closer to the field than RRS.  Also, the jumbotrons are larger than RRS, and they have one in each endzone.  Just for comparison's sake, think Dallas without being as posh.  Dallas lite, if you will.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: razorbrock on December 08, 2014, 04:32:21 am
Concur.  I attended a Texans game and a HS playoff game in NRG Stadium (no longer Reliant).  Overall, all of the seats are closer to the field than RRS.  Also, the jumbotrons are larger than RRS, and they have one in each endzone.  Just for comparison's sake, think Dallas without being as posh.  Dallas lite, if you will.

Good to know. I was wondering about the seat myself. I want to get some seats that are a little higher up and out of the ruckus as much as possible. I would like to request from you and HoginHouston that if you guys can think of some pertinant information regarding the stadium, please let us know.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

HoginHouston

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on December 08, 2014, 06:06:14 am

Good to know. I was wondering about the seat myself. I want to get some seats that are a little higher up and out of the ruckus as much as possible. I would like to request from you and HoginHouston that if you guys can think of some pertinant information regarding the stadium, please let us know.

My best advice is to buy on the West side or the North end zone. Based on the tickets the SEC team gets, those areas should be full of Hog fans. Texas people will be on the East side and the South end zone.

We bought in 618 (North end zone) and will have a great view. People obsessing over the view probably haven't been to the stadium. Truly good views from all angles.
Go Hogs Go.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 08, 2014, 10:39:46 am
My best advice is to buy on the West side or the North end zone. Based on the tickets the SEC team gets, those areas should be full of Hog fans. Texas people will be on the East side and the South end zone.

We bought in 618 (North end zone) and will have a great view. People obsessing over the view probably haven't been to the stadium. Truly good views from all angles.

I'll probably be hitting you for some advice as we get closer to the 29th. My wife and I are still waiting for her to get cleared to return. I had expected to be in the States tomorrow. Oh well, such is life.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Hogtimes

Those upper tier seats are really elevated..   My wife was scared to stand up for fear of falling alway to the field.

SouthAR Hog

If you had your choice, would you buy seats in 322-324 or 510-511? Thanks!

HoginHouston

Quote from: SouthAR Hog on December 11, 2014, 07:47:24 am
If you had your choice, would you buy seats in 322-324 or 510-511? Thanks!

Both will have good views and will be among Arkansas fans. But I would definitely do 510-511. Your views will be more central, as opposed to the end zone seats. You can use this site to see the view from both areas:

http://nrgpark.com/seating-charts
Go Hogs Go.