Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB's Grade: End of Year Two Regular Season

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, December 04, 2014, 02:43:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What is CBB grade through first two seasons?

A
171 (26.1%)
B
365 (55.8%)
C
95 (14.5%)
D
16 (2.4%)
F
7 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 641

Hogsenburg

I went with a B simply because there is always room for improvement. Coach BB has done a great job and it really is a testament to him and his staff the way this team performed week in and week out. They continued to fight and battle even after enduring some very tough losses.....as a coach I can speak from experience it is not easy to refocus a group of young men after a hard fought, tough loss. I am looking forward to the future....it seems to be pretty bright

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Otto Von Pigsmark on December 09, 2014, 01:43:08 pm
I went with a B simply because there is always room for improvement. Coach BB has done a great job and it really is a testament to him and his staff the way this team performed week in and week out. They continued to fight and battle even after enduring some very tough losses.....as a coach I can speak from experience it is not easy to refocus a group of young men after a hard fought, tough loss. I am looking forward to the future....it seems to be pretty bright

The majority of this poll has said B

I would agree  ;D :razorback:
::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

d1nonlyhogfan

I'd like to upgrade my original grade from a C to a B- after the bowl game. After the Mizzou game, I was worried that we were trending back down as a team overall, but that concern was put to rest with the Texas Bowl beatdown.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

MJ2

D for year 1 and a B for year 2 so a good strong C so far.

GuvHog

I gave him a B. Had the Hogs lost to Texas in the Bowl Game, I would have given him a C.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on January 09, 2015, 04:14:38 pm
I gave him a B. Had the Hogs lost to Texas in the Bowl Game, I would have given him a C.
Exactly how I felt.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

reddogjcss

I give him B cause going right direction and Kick Texas butt.
Got to win more than half SEC games with couple road wins to get A

Paul

I wish the 22 voters that gave him an F or a D would explain their vote...on 2nd thought, probably not!

Break & Run

Quote from: Surfing8 on December 04, 2014, 03:48:08 pm
C at best.

He hasn't developed quarterbacks that were highly regarded.

He hasn't won close games where our talent was on par with our competition (everyone's favorite argument early in the season).  On 4 different occasions we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. 

We beat an LSU that amazingly had a harder time passing the ball than us.

We beat an Ole Miss team without primary weapons on offense, and our best defensive game of the year. 

For next year I want to see an honest, open QB competition where the best player plays, and plays with confidence. 

I also want to see a balanced attack on offense.  That doesn't mean run, run, run in the 1st half, and pass, pass, pass in the 2nd half. 

If defenses are still routinely putting 8-9 in the box against us next year, then there will be no doubt there's a fundamental problem with our offensive strategy and execution. 

What game did we lose that we had NEAR the talent level of our opponent? Our losses were to AU, Bama, aTm, UGA, MSU and Missouri. Of all those schools, I would say MSU is the only team with close talent.

We aren't there yet with talent and depth but that's what makes the quick turn around that much more impressive.

Seriously, we lost 4 of our 6 games by 7 points or less. With the schedule we had this year, that's impressive.

On a side note, why the heck do we always get scheduled to go play at Florida but they NEVER get scheduled to come to Fayetteville? Such bull crap.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

pigtrino

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on December 04, 2014, 03:35:21 pm
6-6 record. That's average. In school, any person that was said to be "average" on letter grades got a C. So, he gets a C in my eyes.

Not since Vietnam.  "B" is the modern "C".

Hogalicous

I have to go A, the guy is a full year ahead of schedule IMHO

PonderinHog

Quote from: Break & Run on January 10, 2015, 08:44:56 am

On a side note, why the heck do we always get scheduled to go play at Florida but they NEVER get scheduled to come to Fayetteville? Such bull crap.
Check the 2016 schedule.

dacskc

I gave him an A. Rome wasn't built in a day. Everything is moving in the right direction, and right now we just lack depth. That isn't something you fix at Arkansas in two years even if you're Nick Saban. Given what he had to work with, our schedule, and other things beyond his control, I don't see how he could've done much better. I know some people are grading based on our record, but that isn't fair IMO. How can anyone not see the difference in this team and the one on the field two years ago?

gawntrail

I think he's done wonders w/ what there is to work with.  I like the improvements and his stewardship of these young men and the program as a whole.

A

welchog

B for year.  C for both.

Until we contend for SEC, hard to give higher than C.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on December 09, 2014, 12:07:00 pm
A-. Going in the right direction. Just a quarterback away.
I agree with the grade, but I think we're an elite receiver, not a QB, away.  I think we get that next year, and the Hogs will be a winning machine!

Edit:  I could also see Hatcher making a big jump and being that guy next season.  He has really worked hard to step up his game, and by the end of the season I saw him making catches that he didn't used to make.  If he works at it this summer like he did last summer, his senior year should be solid, if not really special.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Prestworthy

A- only because of the decision to leave BA in when he was hurt vs Mizzou.  7-5 would've looked beautiful.  Other than that, unbelievable job with this hog team.

hoghearted

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 04, 2014, 03:17:46 pm
Overall B because of WR production (C) and offensive execution (C) and early season kicking (D), A everywhere else.

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 04, 2014, 02:43:03 pm
I'm going with a B. The recruiting, player development and improvement is there. The hiring of Robb Smith was also brilliant by CBB
a B? Wow, dude, you are a hardass. "A " all friggin day.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli