Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attrition

Started by NLRHog92, December 03, 2014, 11:24:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NLRHog92

Per Tom Murphy twitter - Bielema: Looking at opportunities for both Grady Ollison and Will Hines and Korliss Marshall, who won't practice for bowl.

Looks to be known transfers.

catfish07

Best of luck to them in their future endeavors and thanks for being Hogs!
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

Rooka

Good luck to them. Once a Hog, always a Hog. Wish them well.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The_Iceman

Wouldn't be surprised if a few of the WR's end up doing the same after the Bowl.

bigred223

Hope they find a good opportunity elsewhere. Hate it that Hines won't be here, he showed a lot of promise as a freshman. I'm really bummed about Korliss because I think he couldve done very well here if he put in the work. Best of luck to them.

code red

One thing is for sure....your going to do it the right way under CBB.  1-0 baby.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bigred223

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2014, 11:40:25 am
Wouldn't be surprised if a few of the WR's end up doing the same after the Bowl.

Who do you have in mind?

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The_Iceman

Hawkins, Duwop, and maybe even guys like Morgan and Hollister. With JoJo, KJ Hill, Pettway, and Deon Stewart being added next year, along with the development of the talented youngsters Cornelius and Edwards, those guys may have trouble getting reps in the future.

ricepig

Quote from: code red on December 03, 2014, 11:45:09 am
I hope not Cornellious.

I wouldn't think so, he played more than any other freshman WR.

NLRHog92

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2014, 11:45:52 am
Hawkins, Duwop, and maybe even guys like Morgan and Hollister. With JoJo, KJ Hill, Pettway, and Deon Stewart being added next year, along with the development of the talented youngsters Cornelius and Edwards, those guys may have trouble getting reps in the future.

Hawkins is a strong possibility and Duwop I could see as well, but I hope not. Morgan and Hollister aren't going anywhere.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Nobody is leaving because of an incoming freshman.  If they leave, it's because of the guys already on campus and they can't get on the field.

I might always wonder about Will Hines. 

bigred223

Is Duwop a wide receiver or a running back? I know he was originally moved to wide receiver, but I don't remember him playing a snap at the position. He played RB every now and then. He must be lacking hands or route running ability because he is a superior athlete to any wide receivers we had this year.

jcharkansas

Wonder why Hines is leaving, he looked pretty good early on I thought

Hoggish1

I hope he finds a good fit for all of them.

kp72204

It really says a lot about CBB's character that he's really trying to help the guy's who for whatever reasons are gonna be apart of the team going forward.

Tim Harris

None of these are real shockers and with at least a couple of them was expected by most on this board.

SPAL

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 03, 2014, 11:54:19 am
Wonder why Hines is leaving, he looked pretty good early on I thought

He just got passed on the depth chart by folks that are either the same year or younger.

regi

Grady and Korliss have talent, hope they find a good spot.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Rooka on December 03, 2014, 11:36:04 am
Good luck to them. Once a Hog, always a Hog. Wish them well.

FALSE!!! There are examples of this not being true. Not saying that is a good thing but it is a thing.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigred223 on December 03, 2014, 11:53:40 am
Is Duwop a wide receiver or a running back? I know he was originally moved to wide receiver, but I don't remember him playing a snap at the position. He played RB every now and then. He must be lacking hands or route running ability because he is a superior athlete to any wide receivers we had this year.

I don't think Duwop lacks hands. He caught some great balls in the red-white game. Not sure what has kept him off the field, I thought he had a chance to contribute there.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 03, 2014, 12:22:05 pm
I don't think Duwop lacks hands. He caught some great balls in the red-white game. Not sure what has kept him off the field, I thought he had a chance to contribute there.

He was in the doghouse for two games due to missing academic and team functions.

Calling All Hogs

I'm guessing UCA may get a second shot at KM.

Rooka

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 03, 2014, 12:33:22 pm
Maybe even the possibility of sitting out a year for ASU?

TMc

It was mentioned elsewhere he has visited Louisville. I'm thinking Bobby P might be the best thing for Korliss.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TMc on December 03, 2014, 12:57:51 pm
It was mentioned elsewhere he has visited Louisville. I'm thinking Bobby P might be the best thing for Korliss.

LOL. 

Hawgndaaz

marshall could still go to a mid-major type program and not sit out I think?

No offense to UCA, but he'd be bored out of his mind there.

source: live in Conway, UCA is boring.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 03, 2014, 01:01:50 pm

You transfer from one FBS to another, you sit.

Hawgndaaz

Melorock089

What did Marshall do?

TMc

Quote from: Melorock089 on December 03, 2014, 07:03:27 pm
What did Marshall do?

No one really knows for sure, and those that do are not saying.., which is the right thing to do.  However, I did read elsewhere that Korliss was lucky to be on the team after the summer.  So he's been on thin ice for a while.  If he really wanted to be here, it seems to me, he would've straightened up.  I am wondering how much sense he has.

ICEman

Hawkins might find bit of a track scholly and decide to stay in some other athletic capacity.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Pokechop

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Melorock089 on December 03, 2014, 07:03:27 pm
What did Marshall do?
Darn that will get you a 2 game suspension in the NFL.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 03, 2014, 08:11:02 pm

Not true.

go hogues

Quote from: Pokechop on December 03, 2014, 08:08:29 pm
Does EIU have a Sonic in their town?
Well Danny's there, isn't he...?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Tim Harris

Quote from: TMc on December 03, 2014, 07:10:36 pm
No one really knows for sure, and those that do are not saying.., which is the right thing to do.  However, I did read elsewhere that Korliss was lucky to be on the team after the summer.  So he's been on thin ice for a while.  If he really wanted to be here, it seems to me, he would've straightened up.  I am wondering how much sense he has.

I agree with all that.  Also when your coach has already publicly stated you are on your last chance you have to do everything possible to avoid situations that could turn in to you getting the final strike.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

RazorPiggie

Could see Ward or Boyd transferring.

sickboy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 03, 2014, 08:11:02 pm

Even if that's true, this isn't the NFL. These are kids at institutions of education.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 05, 2014, 03:05:28 pm
Could see Ward or Boyd transferring.
ward isn't going to transfer.  He will either return from back surgery or be unable todo so and get a medical scholarship.
All Gas, No Brakes!

TeedupHigh

Quote from: TMc on December 03, 2014, 12:57:51 pm
LMAO!  bobby is worthless

HF#1

Hines might be back...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TeedupHigh

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 03, 2014, 01:01:50 pm

Sounds like maybe "bored" is what cause the problems

TMc

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 05, 2014, 10:02:27 pm

Oh I agree.., but he manages by intimidation.., which might work with him.  I personally don't think he'll straighten out no matter where he is. Unless.. he decides he's has to change. People / coaches can't make him do it.

RonBurgundy

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 03, 2014, 08:56:37 pm
Not true.

You're right; it just starts with being suspended for two games, but then goes to being suspending indefinitely, before ultimately being reinstated for the last few weeks of the season.

RonBurgundy

Quote from: sickboy on December 05, 2014, 03:21:11 pm
Even if that's true, this isn't the NFL. These are kids at institutions of education.

In the words of Cardale Jones, they ain't come here to play school.

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 05, 2014, 10:02:27 pm
Yep What Korliss needs is to be called stupid a few times in front of the whole team. That straightens everyone out.

TMc

Quote from: Razorback Pastor on December 06, 2014, 10:33:28 pm
Yep What Korliss needs is to be called stupid a few times in front of the whole team. That straightens everyone out.

It works with some.., our way hasn't worked here.  Again, this kid will have to decide he has to change his ways.  People can't make someone want something they really don't want.