Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are going to lose to Kentucky... here's why

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, February 18, 2018, 11:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

First off, I am notorious around here for making terrible predictions, but this one will hold more weight. First off. I believe Kentucky's length will cause us major issues. After watching the Bama vs UK game this past Saturday, UK seems to have a lot of depth with a few 6'9+ players at the 4-5 positions. The refs wont be friendly to us early in the game getting Dan and Trey into early foul trouble. I'm also worried that the entire team will be cold on Tuesday night, similar to the LSU game. Yes, Kentucky has been playing like crap the past 5/6 games, but they are overdue for a big win away from Rupp that will give them confidence going into March. We are going to struggle in the paint, and again, Kentucky's length will allow them to defend us on the perimeter. Looking at their rebounding stats, they average 39 per game. We simply don't match the physicality and height to win in that department. You could say that UK is very similar to teams we have played this season like A&M and Minnesota when they were at full strength, but I feel like this game will yield different results from last time. With that being said I have UK beating us 72-59. Feel free to roast me and post your own predictions because I like debating.  ;D
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Breems

The Kentucky Wildcats can eat my shorts. 5 straight Tuesday.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

1dayinthelifeofporkiepig

There are Wildcat teams I like. My old high team mascot is a Wildcat. However, I can't stand the Kentucky Wildcats!!! Plus, whoever heard of a blue-colored Wildcat?

I'm going with the Hogs at home by 8 points!

daprospecta

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 18, 2018, 11:09:51 pm
First off, I am notorious around here for making terrible predictions, but this one will hold more weight. First off. I believe Kentucky's length will cause us major issues. After watching the Bama vs UK game this past Saturday, UK seems to have a lot of depth with a few 6'9+ players at the 4-5 positions. The refs wont be friendly to us early in the game getting Dan and Trey into early foul trouble. I'm also worried that the entire team will be cold on Tuesday night, similar to the LSU game. Yes, Kentucky has been playing like crap the past 5/6 games, but they are overdue for a big win away from Rupp that will give them confidence going into March. We are going to struggle in the paint, and again, Kentucky's length will allow them to defend us on the perimeter. Looking at their rebounding stats, they average 39 per game. We simply don't match the physicality and height to win in that department. You could say that UK is very similar to teams we have played this season like A&M and Minnesota when they were at full strength, but I feel like this game will yield different results from last time. With that being said I have UK beating us 72-59. Feel free to roast me and post your own predictions because I like debating.  ;D

liljo

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

BannerMountainMan

Don't you know that they played Alabama at home and that's why they won.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

urkillnmesmalls

Interesting OP.  First off, if we rebound as well as we did against TAMU, I like our chances much better.  Second...that I'm aware of, KY doesn't have a quick PG, and that's our kryptonite.  It goes without saying, but we have to shoot well.  We really don't have answers when we have poor shooting nights.  Oh...and the younger guys that are coming on strong...have to continue that trend.  I really like the defensive effort we're seeing from Hall, Ose, and Jones is improving as well. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hawginbigd1

I haven't been paying attention, has this been working?

GlassofSwine

Hall and Ose need good minutes, Bailey as well. This Kentucky team is not great offensively and is a poor 3 point shooting team so they shouldn't come in and blow us out of the gym. I think offense could be a struggle for us with their length but a lot of our younger guys match up well as far as size to help on our defensive end. I think we have more offensive talent, if our defense shows up than at home I think we win this.

King Kong

UK is flawed, lacking in skill and on a terrible run.

I still expect them to win because that's what UK does when people start doubting them.

Hopefully, Bud Rocking and make me wrong.

jst01

"I'm also worried that the entire team will be cold.."  ohhhh good analysis.

LRhawg926

Arkansas isn't going to lose to Kentucky at bud Walton. I see Arkansas by 10 atleast!

HawgTrough

Quote from: jst01 on February 19, 2018, 07:58:30 am
"I'm also worried that the entire team will be cold.."  ohhhh good analysis.

That was my favorite part of his prediction. LOL
WPS

jgphillips3

As noted by others, their lack of a great point guard is a lot more in our favor than their length is against us especially with it being at home.  If it were in Rupp, I'd Probably mark it as an L too.  As it is, I give us a slight edge.  It is still Kentucky so who knows but we have a solid opportunity to notch another W against Big Blue if we shoot halfway decent.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 19, 2018, 12:49:11 am
Hall and Ose need good minutes, Bailey as well. This Kentucky team is not great offensively and is a poor 3 point shooting team so they shouldn't come in and blow us out of the gym. I think offense could be a struggle for us with their length but a lot of our younger guys match up well as far as size to help on our defensive end. I think we have more offensive talent, if our defense shows up than at home I think we win this.

Looks as though Bailey's minutes have come and gone... Mike circles back on players to see if they have learned anything from not playing.. so maybe he comes back to AB but looks like Osa gets those minutes going forward..

The_Iceman

We should win tomorrow night. We should also win vs. Auburn, especially after losing McLemore.

I expect that we will go 0-2 on the road games. If we were to pull one out, that would be incredible.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 19, 2018, 08:17:17 am
Looks as though Bailey's minutes have come and gone... Mike circles back on players to see if they have learned anything from not playing.. so maybe he comes back to AB but looks like Osa gets those minutes going forward..
Bailey has been sick (flu?.)  Maybe he'll be back in the rotation by tomorrow night.

tusksincolorado

And yet, this supposed well inform OP doesn't even take in consideration the "magic" of "The Bud"!

Pathetic post...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

gmarv54

We win and heres why,Our guys will be focused and ready period.

HawgTrough

I think 2-2 will keep us in the double bye spot. Anything better than that is just gravy
WPS

Next1_04

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 08:23:08 am
We should win tomorrow night. We should also win vs. Auburn, especially after losing McLemore.

I expect that we will go 0-2 on the road games. If we were to pull one out, that would be incredible.

Is there a shred of positive predictions here? We are doomed now.

hogfanny

Also, we are not exactly short with Gafford, Gabe, Hall, Thompson, Thomas, etc.

HognotinMemphis

First off, I am notorious around here for...
I've never noticed you or heard of you before this.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

popcornhog

We have the length off of the bench to hold UK in check and at least slow them down on the glass. Did you watch the A&M game?

Offensively we are way better than UK, especially guard play. It's not by any stretch a gimme, but we should be slight favorites at the Bud. They'd be favored at Rupp.
WPS

NuttinItUp

This is probably the best matchup we have had against them (them down, us up) in several years. It is likely the best matchup we will have against them for several more as well.

I will enjoy watching. It would be like getting Bama on a down year in football. (if that ever happened)

PonderinHog

After careful analysis of the alignment of the stars, I like our chances...  8)

raz1965

I don't like too an want predict a loss for the hogs. I will say the OP is correct about Ky length an they can play very good defense, there offense comes an goes. It will be hard too make 3's over my players, as we seen the hogs do against A&M. I think the hogs will have to get it going in the paint so as to open up the outside shooter. This game is no cake walk as I have seen some suggest, would be a super win if the hogs pull it off. GO Hogs. Woo Pig

Breems

I still love how UK fans cry about us being dirty and physical.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HamIAm

February 19, 2018, 08:55:09 am #28 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:26:25 am by HamIAm
Request for the student section that dresses up like Clifford the Big Red Dog/ Left Shark:
A) don't dress in anything blue
B) would you all get fathead posters of John Higgins and wave them every time Cal complains about a call

PonderinHog

jbigs77

I am going to go out on a limb, and boldly say "I don't know". You can quote me on that. I will say if we bring our A game we can beat any team in the country. But with our C game can lose to any team. We could win by 20 or lose by 20. IF we get sucker punched by the refs, id go with the later.

Danny J

I would play them EXACTLY as we just played aTm. Same game plan zero changes.

ADavisTheGOAT

Lol how did this thread get trashed? I was literally right about everything
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HognotinMemphis

You nailed it and your thread gets sent to trash. Typical.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: gmarv54 on February 19, 2018, 08:28:00 am
We win and heres why,Our guys will be focused and ready period.
"our guys" are never focused and ready on any consistent basis because of the coaching staff they have.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: popcornhog on February 19, 2018, 08:46:58 am
We have the length off of the bench to hold UK in check and at least slow them down on the glass. Did you watch the A&M game?

Offensively we are way better than UK, especially guard play. It's not by any stretch a gimme, but we should be slight favorites at the Bud. They'd be favored at Rupp.
Our bench sucked donkey. 6 points from our bench. They looked slow and heavy and unable to jump compared to KY's freshmen. Did they all smoke weed before the game?