Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There goes my hero

Started by pignparadise, December 20, 2014, 12:52:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

When I have a bad day I play this Dmac tribute. I love the music in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55tX7NlTJr0
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

jabohog

My favorite Razorback. Great vid.

davglo35

He should have won the Heisman.  Best back to ever play at Arkansas and there have been some good ones. IMO 2nd best in the Sec modern era.
1 Bo Jackson
2 Dmac
3 Hershel Walker

flagstaffhog

Yep. He should have won the Heisman.
Go HOGS Go!

atekido

Only guy to Really shut him down is now our HC go figure :P

WorfHog

Troy Smith and Tim Tebow should call McFadden at least once a week and apologize.

TMc

HogsonHicks

I love our current RBs, but DMac's acceleration just jumps off the screen in comparison. Fun to watch.

welchog

LRRandy

Quote from: WorfHog on December 20, 2014, 05:00:05 pm
Troy Smith and Tim Tebow should call McFadden at least once a week and apologize.
still the largest % of first place votes by a by a Heisman winner ever, Troy Smith at 91.6%. The Heisman voters disagree with you.
This is fun, isn't it.

root_hawg

And I believe Teebow had more rushing TDs than Dmac did that year

Theolesnort

Troy Smith was the worse Heisman winner ever. In his bowl game after the award he looked like the worst freshman qb that ever played, In other words he stunk it up and that is the truth. if the truth is known how many Heisman winners really deserved the award? Maybe a handful if at that.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

LRRandy

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 20, 2014, 08:34:02 pm
Troy Smith was the worse Heisman winner ever. In his bowl game after the award he looked like the worst freshman qb that ever played, In other words he stunk it up and that is the truth. if the truth is known how many Heisman winners really deserved the award? Maybe a handful if at that.
no question he stunk the place up in the National Championship game. Doesn't diminish the season he had and the LANDSLIDE Heisman vote.
This is fun, isn't it.

arktravlr

Quote from: LRRandy on December 20, 2014, 09:29:58 pm
no question he stunk the place up in the National Championship game. Doesn't diminish the season he had and the LANDSLIDE Heisman vote.
Had DMAC been a junior he would have won.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

greasy_corner

Quote from: LRRandy on December 20, 2014, 08:22:56 pm
still the largest % of first place votes by a by a Heisman winner ever, Troy Smith at 91.6%. The Heisman voters disagree with you.

wow, you do read every thread.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: atekido on December 20, 2014, 04:29:32 pm
Only guy to Really shut him down is now our HC go figure :P

I think Nutt deserves a little credit also, as well as for him not winning the Heisman.

Dale is the one who should call him every day and apologize.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

RazorBassin

That run against LSU is one of my favorite runs all time.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: root_hawg on December 20, 2014, 08:33:42 pm
All for a total of 121 yards. Longest TD run that season was 21 yards, IIRC.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Inhogswetrust

Anytime someone says something good about the Hogs or anyone that's ever been a Hog or affiliated with the Hogs YOU disagree. We've had a lot of trolls on here and you're as big a one as a lot of them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Speaking of slides why don't you just slide out of here.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

HogInTigerLand

The best player at Arkansas I've seen in my lifetime and it's not even close!

LRRandy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 21, 2014, 06:38:22 am
Anytime someone says something good about the Hogs or anyone that's ever been a Hog or affiliated with the Hogs YOU disagree. We've had a lot of trolls on here and you're as big a one as a lot of them.
quite the contrary. I agree with lots of posts and have commented favorably on the improvement of the team, particularly the defense. Darren McFadden was by far the best running back in the nation those two years. A joy to watch. When it is said he should have won the Heisman I simply pointed out that the votes quite clearly stated otherwise. Facts is facts.
This is fun, isn't it.

Theolesnort

Just shows how good a PR campaign Ohio State put on for him. There was nothing exceptional about him that really stands out. The best thing I can say about him is that he was the best quarterback on a pretty good Ohio State team. Seriously the best college player in America?. Well in the last 20 years or so where is Peyton Manning? Where was John Elway when he played? Where is Andrew Luck? That is why I don't pay any attention to the Heisman. 99% of the time they get it wrong I would even say a cheap publicity stunt most the time except it is a expensive publicity stunt. Sometimes even the best player is playing in obscurity in some small school like Walter Payton or Jerry Rice. They got it right when Barry Sanders played and some may say Jameis Winston was the best last year and Cam Newton was when he played but as far as I am concerned they both should have not been eligible due to legal issues, character and NCAA rules. Oh and Randy make sure you give me some negative karma to go wit the hundreds you have already given me over the last couple of years. I have a bad habit of being to kind on here and building my positive karma up so high that it means I am pandering to the masses. With you around I don't have that problem anymore and I need to thank you. During all the time on the board 10 years plus I've given out 3 or 4 positive karmas for some really outstanding post but I've not given any negative ones. I am old and not that juvenile yet, but then my second childhood may be upon me before to long or that is what some say. ;D
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

LRRandy

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 21, 2014, 11:18:13 am
Just shows how good a PR campaign Ohio State put on for him. There was nothing exceptional about him that really stands out. The best thing I can say about him is that he was the best quarterback on a pretty good Ohio State team. Seriously the best college player in America?. Well in the last 20 years or so where is Peyton Manning? Where was John Elway when he played? Where is Andrew Luck? That is why I don't pay any attention to the Heisman. 99% of the time they get it wrong I would even say a cheap publicity stunt most the time except it is a expensive publicity stunt. Sometimes even the best player is playing in obscurity in some small school like Walter Payton or Jerry Rice. They got it right when Barry Sanders played and some may say Jameis Winston was the best last year and Cam Newton was when he played but as far as I am concerned they both should have not been eligible due to legal issues, character and NCAA rules. Oh and Randy make sure you give me some negative karma to go wit the hundreds you have already given me over the last couple of years. I have a bad habit of being to kind on here and building my positive karma up so high that it means I am pandering to the masses. With you around I don't have that problem anymore and I need to thank you. During all the time on the board 10 years plus I've given out 3 or 4 positive karmas for some really outstanding post but I've not given any negative ones. I am old and not that juvenile yet, but then my second childhood may be upon me before to long or that is what some say. ;D
ok. -1. You are right though, many if not most Heisman winners do very little in the NFL. The list of Heisman winners that star in the NFL is shorter than the list of flops.
This is fun, isn't it.

hoglady

I just look at that as Ohio St. won the Heisman. If DMAC played for Ohio St. he would have won it. Troy Smith was a good college QB - if he played for any other program he wouldn't have even been in the Heisman conversation.
DMac could have played for anyone and still been the best player in the country.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Theolesnort

Well Randy in truth the Heisman trophy basically is silly stuff with the results if it is supposed to go to the best character guys and the most outstanding player. I give more attention to the Outland Trophy than I do the Heisman. ESPN influences the Heisman vote way to much. Would it not be refreshing for ESPN to scoure the country looking for the really best all around players no matter who they play for?

LRRandy

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 21, 2014, 11:50:24 am
Well Randy in truth the Heisman trophy basically is silly stuff with the results if it is supposed to go to the best character guys and the most outstanding player. I give more attention to the Outland Trophy than I do the Heisman. ESPN influences the Heisman vote way to much. Would it not be refreshing for ESPN to scoure the country looking for the really best all around players no matter who they play for?
the individual awards like the Doak and the Maxwell mean quite a bit to me as well as the Outland to me.  "The best" anything is subjective, unless it's the same position against the same competition where you can compare how each player did. everything else is message board fodder. Archie Griffin is a great person and representative for the school. Does his standing as the only two time Heisman winner mean that because of those trophies he is obviously the best running back ever to play in college. Hardly. I can think of several that I would list ahead of him. The  Heisman has become a dog and pony show. But it's something a lot of people pay attention to.
This is fun, isn't it.

Theolesnort

Archie was good but to me he wasn't even the best Ohio St running back. Here's one you will have to ask your Ohio St elders about. Bob Ferguson who played for a young Woody Hayes. Actually he was a fullback when fullbacks were running backs. He was big fast and tough.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: RazorBassin on December 21, 2014, 02:02:43 am
That run against LSU is one of my favorite runs all time.
The one at LSU when they were #1 is mine. I was there and although it was pretty early in the game it took the air out of their sails n they knew they were in a game. Also met n shook hands with Glen Dorsey (LSU great lineman) before the game. He was pretty neat. I said "Hey Glen, whatcha gonna do wit #5. " He said he wasn't sure yet but dreaded it like the plague!
He4 was injured that day(lower back,knee) didn't play much.

la20688

Quote from: root_hawg on December 20, 2014, 08:33:42 pm
Yes....every time Florida got to the three yard line it was Tebow left, Tebow right. It was very obvious that Meyer padded his stats every chance he got.

latrops

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 20, 2014, 08:34:02 pm

It didn't make much sense to award the national championship to teams before the bowl games back in the 60s and prior.  Maybe someday they will figure out that the Heisman is tarnished when the winner goes out and stinks up their usually pretty important bowl game and award the winner after the bowl season.

WorfHog

Quote from: LRRandy on December 21, 2014, 11:38:49 am
ok. -1. You are right though, many if not most Heisman winners do very little in the NFL. The list of Heisman winners that star in the NFL is shorter than the list of flops.

But most Heisman winners aren't FIFTH round picks, FIFTH ROUND! Troy Smith won because you just couldn't give it to a sophomore, you just couldn't, you know until the next year when Tebow won.

RockyMtnHog

DMAC had a gear that very few running backs have these days.  He was a once in a million RB.  You could definitely see when he hit that gear because no one could catch him.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

rtr

DMAC played well today in the Raiders 26-24 victory over Buffalo.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

lahawg1

Just think, we could have had DMac and RM on the same team, great running back and so/so tight end...devil made me do it

DEVICEHIGH

Hero

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

DEVICEHIGH

Razorback

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

razorback93

In arguably the two most significant things in college fb, Arkansas was screwed twice.  The 64 team did not get the AP championship because they final poll game out before the bowls.  They changed it, and the 65 team got screwed because they lost the bowl.  D-Mac lost the Heisman mainly because he was a sophomore and it was a big controversy as to whether it should go to an underclassman.  Then Mr. Perfect comes along and all of a sudden it's ok to give it to an underclassman.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: razorback93 on December 22, 2014, 06:56:08 pm
In arguably the two most significant things in college fb, Arkansas was screwed twice.  The 64 team did not get the AP championship because they final poll game out before the bowls.  They changed it, and the 65 team got screwed because they lost the bowl.  D-Mac lost the Heisman mainly because he was a sophomore and it was a big controversy as to whether it should go to an underclassman.  Then Mr. Perfect comes along and all of a sudden it's ok to give it to an underclassman.

Nutt is the reason D-Mac lost the Heisman.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07