Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Martrell Spaight All American

Started by pignparadise, December 19, 2014, 09:15:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hoggish1

CabotHog87

"Congratulations, how's it feel to be an All-American?"

"It's an honor sir."

Congratulations, how's it feel to be an All-American?

"Very good sir"

"Congratulations, and how do you feel?.."

Iwastherein1969

....i GOTTA pee, suh "

ad:  Congratulations to Martrell, only player more deserving is Trey Flowers.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ICEman

10   2   4   less 1 will get you 15 Dr. Peppers.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hoglady

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 19, 2014, 10:40:56 am
....i GOTTA pee, suh "

I'd say Flowers is as deserving as Spaight, not necessarily more deserving.
Spaight made the most one year improvement of any player I've seen in a long time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

termite

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MissippHog

dhornjr1

Quote from: ICEman on December 19, 2014, 11:15:50 am
10   2   4   less 1 will get you 15 Dr. Peppers.

Just for the record, it's pronounced Dot-ter Pepper, Dotner Pepper or Doctah Peppah according to what part of the south you're from.

Hogwop

Congrats Spaight!

Anyone know who our last AA linebacker was? I'm gonna guess Jermaine Petty?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

rzrbk4life

Congrats to these young men. We will miss Spaight for sure
Let's call those hogs!!!!

hogs25

Quote from: Hogwop on December 19, 2014, 12:32:24 pm
Congrats Spaight!

Anyone know who our last AA linebacker was? I'm gonna guess Jermaine Petty?

You're right.  The other Arkansas LBAA are Cliff Powell, Wayne Harris and Ronnie Caveness.

Boarmonger

Way to go Martrell!  Can't wait to see you play in the NFL!

code red

Just making sure you all realize this is a private publication....by Phil Steele...which knows his stuff but...just saying.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

oldfart

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 19, 2014, 12:20:07 pm
Just for the record, it's pronounced Dot-ter Pepper, Dotner Pepper or Doctah Peppah according to what part of the south you're from.

and no period after Dr

pignparadise

Quote from: code red on December 19, 2014, 02:49:26 pm
Just making sure you all realize this is a private publication....by Phil Steele...which knows his stuff but...just saying.
I know but I would rather have Phil Steele pick my All American team than a bunch of AP writers
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

WADHOG

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 19, 2014, 12:20:07 pm
and Dot-der Pepper....

pignparadise

Quote from: hoglady on December 19, 2014, 11:33:53 am
Spaight made the most one year improvement of any player I've seen in a long time.
Trey made the SI all American team as Honorable Mention
http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/15/college-football-all-america-team

opineonswine

Martial Spright has been a tremendous Razorback.  So unfortunate that he's a senior.
Hats off and standing O for Martrell.  And Trey as well.  What terrific Hogs.

Hogwop

Quote from: opineonswine on December 19, 2014, 04:59:48 pm
Martial Spright has been a tremendous Razorback.  So unfortunate that he's a senior.

Cosigned
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

hoglady

Quote from: opineonswine on December 19, 2014, 04:59:48 pm

Ditto.
I will miss seeing them both play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

NVRyield

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

hogginbama

Quote from: code red on December 19, 2014, 02:49:26 pm

Those private publications are good enough for Alabama to claim all of those national titles, so they are good enough for me to claim a Razorback All-American.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Thepigdoctor

Spaight will go down as a favorite of Hog fans. Oh the torture of talented JUCO kids. You get that "freshman" season to see their potential, watch them explode as a "sophomore" but face the fact that they are done just as we grew to love them.

If we go on to great success, like I believe we will under CBB, it will be the heart of this team, and players like Spaight, Flowers, and JWill who will forever be remembered as the ones who believed in the foundation and worked their asses off knowing good and well the outcome would never be all that they deserved.

I for one will miss Spaight and Flowers, just as much if not more than Matt Jones, Darren McFadden, and some of our best players from more successful teams; for they truly gave everything they had for us as fans, when everyone else had written this team off.

This heartbreaking season has created one of my favorite Hog teams and I truly appreciate everything these young men gave and wish them a world of success in future endeavors.

Tejano Jawg

That's a good group right there. Well done!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

bennyl08

Quote from: hoglady on December 19, 2014, 11:33:53 am

IMO, he didn't really improve that much, he just saw more of the field. He understood the system more, sure, but physically, he did a lot of the same things last year, just with fewer opportunities. He spent the first year building the trust of the coaches, and the second terrorizing the rest of the SEC.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

deedster84

I think we might see the same kind of breakout from Josh Williams next year. At least I'm hoping so.

Boarcephus

What was the deal on Spaight coming out of high school?   I think it was a grade issue first and thus the reason for going the JC route but didn't the previous staff think he was too short to be a linebacker in the SEC and not offer him?  This right or wrong??
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

kp72204

I look forward to seeing Spaight on Monday Night Football, when they announce colleges in the beginning.........Arkansas

razorbackkid

Quote from: kp72204 on December 20, 2014, 07:47:01 am
I look forward to seeing Spaight on Monday Night Football, when they announce colleges in the beginning.........Arkansas

Always warms my heart when I see a former Hog in the NFL.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

snoblind

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 20, 2014, 07:28:41 am
What was the deal on Spaight coming out of high school?   I think it was a grade issue first and thus the reason for going the JC route but didn't the previous staff think he was too short to be a linebacker in the SEC and not offer him?  This right or wrong??

The latter is what I recall.  Don't remember the grade issue, just thought he was too small.

dhornjr1

Danny J

OK.....going into the Mizzou game I believe we were #1 or 2 in time of possession nationally. Knowing that....and the schedule we played(overall #1)...he led the SEC in tackles. Just think about that for a second. Amazing.....simply amazing. How he was not a first team selection is baffling.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 20, 2014, 07:28:41 am

Nope, it wasn't grades.  He was good, but so small Petrino didn't offer him and I don't think anyone else did of note.  He took the JC route, and the bunch that followed Petrino didn't offer him either.  That left for BB to do after Spaight had committed to Kansas State..

discombobulationist

Quote from: Danny J on December 22, 2014, 12:29:19 am
OK.....going into the Mizzou game I believe we were #1 or 2 in time of possession nationally. Knowing that....and the schedule we played(overall #1)...he led the SEC in tackles. Just think about that for a second. Amazing.....simply amazing. How he was not a first team selection is baffling.

Wow, great point.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Danny J

Quote from: discombobulationist on December 22, 2014, 01:44:14 am
Wow, great point.
You would think that a team that consistently lost the time of possession battle that is to say a team that had their defense on the field a lot would have had the SEC's leading tackler or at least a team near the bottom of the league in time of possession. Simply astonishing. He was consistently from day one the best player on the team. He may not be the best NFL prospect but as far as a college player he was a stud this past season.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 19, 2014, 10:40:56 am
....i GOTTA pee, suh "

Spaight led the best conference in the country in tackles. Love Trey Flowers, but nobody was more deserving.

ldfergu

Quote from: razorbackkid on December 20, 2014, 07:55:08 am
Always warms my heart when I see a former Hog in the NFL.

Anyone know his draft grade?

Danny J

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on December 23, 2014, 08:30:47 pm
Spaight led the best conference in the country in tackles. Love Trey Flowers, but nobody was more deserving.
I am going to bring this up....again....only because it bears repeating. He lead the best conference in tackles while playing the toughest schedule IN THE SEC and our offense led the SEC(second in the nation) in time of possession. So our defense had the fewest opportunities by far to make tackles yet Spaight racked up more tackles than any other person in the league. That is really saying something.

porkchopsdontfloat

The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Danny J on December 23, 2014, 08:36:16 pm
I am going to bring this up....again....only because it bears repeating. He lead the best conference in tackles while playing the toughest schedule IN THE SEC and our offense led the SEC(second in the nation) in time of possession. So our defense had the fewest opportunities by far to make tackles yet Spaight racked up more tackles than any other person in the league. That is really saying something.

Great points. Makes me more irked that the AP and others overlooked him in favor of a guy who had less than half his # of tackles at the same position.