Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guy Thinks Trey Flowers is a 7th Round Pick.......

Started by 20hog11, December 17, 2014, 09:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

20hog11

http://archauthority.com/2014/12/05/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-arkansas-de-trey-flowers/

A writer that covers St Louis sports compared Trey Flowers to Michael Sam and says that Trey is no better than a seventh rounder. Considering that he got a third round grade last year, one would think that the worst he would go this year is the third round right?

26.2Hog

3kgthog

HOGINTENNESSEE

December 17, 2014, 09:46:23 pm #5 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:57:45 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Players don't just have Flowers length and strength. Sam was a tweener. flowers has the prefect size

Danny J

He was also doubled more than any DE I can remember here at Arkansas in the last decade.

20hog11

Videos like the one posted today that shows him hopping on a 55 inch platform will only help to show how athletic he is. I think he will impress the scouts at the combine. The writer says that his stats are not impressive, but he lived in the backfield in most games and was always around the quarterback disrupting plays even when he wasnt getting sacks. He is a much better player than some of his stats indicate.

RazorBassin

I think Flowers goes no later than 3rd round and could go as high as 2nd.  He will play for a lot of years if he stays healthy.

Uncommon

Großer Kriegschwein

Stands a good chance of making a bigger impact his first year than Clowney......

Fact.
This is my non-signature signature.

31to6

Quote from: 20hog11 on December 17, 2014, 09:05:35 pm
http://archauthority.com/2014/12/05/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-arkansas-de-trey-flowers/

A writer that covers St Louis sports compared Trey Flowers to Michael Sam and says that Trey is no better than a seventh rounder. Considering that he got a third round grade last year, one would think that the worst he would go this year is the third round right?
Idiot.

Trey Flowers 6'3" 270#
Dwight Freeney - 6'1" 260#
Cameron Wake 6'3" 262#
Demarcus Ware 6'4" 258#
Cameron Jordon 6'4" 287#
Greg Hardy 6'4" 272#
Robert Quinn 6'4" 264#
Von Miller 6'3" 250#
Elvis Dumervil 5'11" 255#
Jason Pierre-Paul 6'5" 278#

He's also exactly the size of OLB's who often line up as rush ends in 3-4 such as Chiefs Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

Yes, he is not a 6'7" 290# beast like a JJ Watt, Jared Allen or a Mario Williams but he's exactly the same size as numerous very effective NFL DE's.

Trey might not make it in the NFL, but it won't be because he's a "tweener".

Razorbacker79

Quote from: 31to6 on December 18, 2014, 12:18:11 am
Idiot.

Trey Flowers 6'3" 270#
Cameron Wake 6'3" 262#
Demarcus Ware 6'4" 258#
Cameron Jordon 6'4" 287#
Greg Hardy 6'4" 272#
Robert Quinn 6'4" 264#
Von Miller 6'3" 250#

He's also exactly the size of OLB's who often line up as rush ends in 3-4 such as Chiefs Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

Yes, he is not a 6'7" 290# beast like a JJ Watt, Jared Allen or a Mario Williams but he's exactly the same size as numerous very effective NFL DE's.

Exactly!  I was about to post along the same lines but you beat me to it.  The guy is calling Trey at 270 lbs a tweener?  LOL!  Moron!
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

preachr

flowermoundstan

next time you read an article like that, take time and click on the about tab

http://archauthority.com/about/

Patrick Karraker is the editor of Arch Authority. He is a St. Louis native and is currently attending Saint Louis University.

that's the guy that wrote your report, he has 243 followers on facebook, the report has been viewed 187 times. there 120 million households in this country. trey's gonna be alright

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Danny J on December 17, 2014, 09:56:49 pm
He was also doubled more than any DE I can remember here at Arkansas in the last decade.
No. He wasn't. DE's are rarely doubled in pass situations. He did his job well but throw some stupid comment out there like that. Anderson with his 16.5 sacks wasn't even doubled.

PonderinHog

Quote from: flowermoundstan on December 18, 2014, 05:50:41 am

Patrick Karraker is the editor of Arch Authority. He is a St. Louis native and is currently attending Saint Louis University.

that's the guy that wrote your report, he has 243 followers on facebook, the report has been viewed 187 times. there 120 million households in this country. trey's gonna be alright
Who is Patrick Karraker?

hog911

flowermoundstan

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 18, 2014, 07:05:15 am
Who is Patrick Karraker?

the "scout" that wrote this "report" on trey flowers on the "website" archauthority.

and he's just a fantasy footballer college student, garbage in garbage out

ifghog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 18, 2014, 06:03:22 am
No. He wasn't. DE's are rarely doubled in pass situations. He did his job well but throw some stupid comment out there like that. Anderson with his 16.5 sacks wasn't even doubled.
Really man??

Choctaw Hog

That why the writer is writing about someones' potential draft status in a newspaper instead getting paid by an NFL to do the same. 

Hogarusa

Dang this guy with his pedestrian 243 facebook followers and his silly opinion that disagrees with ours.  You have to have at least 500 facebook followeres before i start taking your draft analysis seriously.  And you cant live in St. Louis, thats for sure
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

flowermoundstan

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 18, 2014, 08:13:56 am
That why the writer is writing about someones' potential draft status in a newspaper instead getting paid by an NFL to do the same.

except it's not a newspaper it's a website and the contributors on that website work for free and are students in local colleges.

maybe this will clear it up

official pecking order of nfl talent experts.

1) NFL scouts

15) newspaper columnist

46) bleacher report

146) archauthority free website

Fayettechill14

GolfnHog

Quote from: flowermoundstan on December 18, 2014, 05:50:41 am

The only bit of information missing from this "wannabe" writer is, does he live in his parents basement?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Inhogswetrust

December 18, 2014, 02:42:16 pm #26 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:07:06 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Uncommon on December 17, 2014, 11:18:44 pm
Stopped reading after St. Louis.

No kidding. Since when does a St. Louis writer know anything about good football or players. Especially those players not in that area. Now if he wrote about baseball maybe being from St. Louis people might believe him but I doubt it since he is a young guy that is a college student at St. Louis. Maybe he should stick to writing about football players at his school..............OOPS never mind they don't have a football team!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

code red

Quote from: 31to6 on December 18, 2014, 12:18:11 am
Idiot.

Trey Flowers 6'3" 270#
Cameron Wake 6'3" 262#
Demarcus Ware 6'4" 258#
Cameron Jordon 6'4" 287#
Greg Hardy 6'4" 272#
Robert Quinn 6'4" 264#
Von Miller 6'3" 250#

Kony Ealy from Mizzou as well.  What a joke of an article....even for amateurs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Speedracer

Never heard of the guy.  I guess ESPN and NFL network are bidding on his services for next year's draft
Like smites bother me.

The real Hogules

If Trey's still available in the 4th round, whomever selects him will have gotten the biggest bargain of the draft.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!