Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seattlehog - requesting help

Started by vector4dz, December 16, 2014, 07:59:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vector4dz

Okay - I'm trying to put together a little story/piece/article (or whatever the things I write are) about the Texas rivalry and what it means and has meant and how it fits into the current psyche of Arkansas fandom. Unfortunately I have a bit of writer's block.

I need, and would be wildly appreciative of, any stories, anecdotes, favorite memories that anybody associates with Texas.  Anything from specific games and plays to more obscure stuff like what you were doing when listening to a game or stuff your dad said at a game, to what the people looked like sitting next to you. The weirder, more obscure, more tangential the better.

You can post them in this thread or message them to me. Thank you in advance !

EastMemphisHog

My Dad said he went to sleep for 2 days in '69 after the loss

TexasTransplant

My Dad and I got some last minute tickets for the game in Fayetteville in 1981.  The seats ended up being in the Texas section in the NE end zone.  Most of the Texas folks were real nice and we had a good time, but there was one extremely drunk loud-mouth who couldn't shut up:  "Poor Arkies, couldn't even beat TCU " over and over again.  (We had lost to TCU a couple of weeks earlier.  Younger fans may not realize how much of a doormat TCU was in the old SWC.  We had beaten them 22 straight times from '59 to '80).

As most on here know, we recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff and never looked back, beating a #1 ranked Texas team 42-11 that day.  I am not prone to mock the fans of our opponents, no matter how bitter the rivalry, but when Loud-Mouth made an early exit in the 3rd quarter, I stood up and yelled "When do you play TCU?"

Hog33

In 1965, age 13, had to go on trip to Memphis, with parents and Grandparents,
Dad kept assuring me we would find some way to watch the game. Made our way to the TV department in the Goldsmith's in downtown. They had about 25 folding chairs put out and we watched the whole game with those other Razorback fans.
Brittenum to Crockett saved the day. Woo Pig Sooies all up and down the 5 or 6 floors of that Goldsmith's. Sure was impressed with my Dad for finding a way

longpig

"People from Texas are weird" - Grandma Rosencrans
"What about Aunt Ethel" - Me
"Since she moved to Texas, she's gotten weird" - GR
Don't be scared, be smart.

mhuff

I don't remember the year, but we beat Texas in Little Rock like 35-7 or more. There was a torrential rain ,and players would hydroplane 5-7 yards after a tackle. It was lightning and a tornado passed by closely; however, I would not leave the game. Tough to stay in a lightning storm and aluminum seats. I always thought lightning storms and beating Texas were beautiful.  ;D

My wife always said, " I am for Arkansas and anyone who beats Texas." It was more important to me in those SWC games to beat Texas than any other game of the season.

dbh

It was 1979 and my grandmother was 77 years old.  She was a Razorback fanatic but had never been to a Razorback game.  And if there was one thing she was more fanatical about than the Razorbacks, it was her absolute HATRED of the Texas Longhorns. 

Well, a day before the Arkansas-Texas game in LR that year, my "so-called" date to the game decided she couldn't go and I was left with a spare ticket.  So, just to be nice I asked "Nanny" if she wanted to go, expecting the "thanks, but I'll just watch it on TV" answer.  After all, she was 77 and although she wasn't exactly feeble, I was sure that she wouldn't be able to walk the long distance to the stadium from any parking area I could access.

I was shocked (and honestly a little depressed) when she said that she would go; going from a "hot date" to "Grandma" wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  And I wasn't really sure if she was going because she really wanted to or if she was just mad at my date for canceling on me....lol.

On game day, we had to leave for the stadium at 9:00 for the 3:00 pm kickoff.  No tailgating, but I knew I had to park close enough to avoid a tremendously long walk for her.  Fortunately, I was able to get one of the last two spots available on "Fair Park Hill" on the South side of WMS.  Still, it took us about 30 minutes from the car to our seats in the stadium:  Sect 20, Row 1 in SW corner of the end zone;  there are only two seats on that row and nothing obstructs the view.

What happened that day was magical and the crowd was the loudest I can ever remember.  Arkansas scored a TD right in front of us and the final Texas drive in that game (with Arkansas leading 17-14) was also on our end.  When Texas missed the final FG attempt that would have tied the game, I don't ever think I saw my grandmother more happy in her life.  When the game ended, we had to walk right in front of the Texas band on our way out and I can still hear her yelling "How do you like them apples!" to the band while they played "The Eyes of Texas". 

When Ken Hatfield coached the Hogs in the 80s, a cousin of mine who lived and coached in north Texas was one of KH's recruiting contacts for the Dallas area.  One year not long before she died, my grandmother received a birthday call in November (yes, NOVEMBER) from Coach Hatfield at my cousin's request   When I asked my grandma about it, she said it was probably the greatest thrill of her life "except for that time when I got to see us beat Texas".

My grandmother has been gone for almost 25 years now, but when I think of her, I always think of that day.  It's a memory I'll always cherish and I've been forever thankful that my original date cancelled and enabled me to give "Nanny" one of the highlights of her life.

David Howard
Cabot, AR

Boarmonger

DBH....awesome story.   One to be treasured.

hoghevn

Quote from: dbh on December 16, 2014, 09:25:42 pm
It was 1979 and my grandmother was 77 years old.  She was a Razorback fanatic but had never been to a Razorback game.  And if there was one thing she was more fanatical about than the Razorbacks, it was her absolute HATRED of the Texas Longhorns. 

Well, a day before the Arkansas-Texas game in LR that year, my "so-called" date to the game decided she couldn't go and I was left with a spare ticket.  So, just to be nice I asked "Nanny" if she wanted to go, expecting the "thanks, but I'll just watch it on TV" answer.  After all, she was 77 and although she wasn't exactly feeble, I was sure that she wouldn't be able to walk the long distance to the stadium from any parking area I could access.

I was shocked (and honestly a little depressed) when she said that she would go; going from a "hot date" to "Grandma" wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  And I wasn't really sure if she was going because she really wanted to or if she was just mad at my date for canceling on me....lol.

On game day, we had to leave for the stadium at 9:00 for the 3:00 pm kickoff.  No tailgating, but I knew I had to park close enough to avoid a tremendously long walk for her.  Fortunately, I was able to get one of the last two spots available on "Fair Park Hill" on the South side of WMS.  Still, it took us about 30 minutes from the car to our seats in the stadium:  Sect 20, Row 1 in SW corner of the end zone;  there are only two seats on that row and nothing obstructs the view.

What happened that day was magical and the crowd was the loudest I can ever remember.  Arkansas scored a TD right in front of us and the final Texas drive in that game (with Arkansas leading 17-14) was also on our end.  When Texas missed the final FG attempt that would have tied the game, I don't ever think I saw my grandmother more happy in her life.  When the game ended, we had to walk right in front of the Texas band on our way out and I can still hear her yelling "How do you like them apples!" to the band while they played "The Eyes of Texas". 

When Ken Hatfield coached the Hogs in the 80s, a cousin of mine who lived and coached in north Texas was one of KH's recruiting contacts for the Dallas area.  One year not long before she died, my grandmother received a birthday call in November (yes, NOVEMBER) from Coach Hatfield at my cousin's request   When I asked my grandma about it, she said it was probably the greatest thrill of her life "except for that time when I got to see us beat Texas".

My grandmother has been gone for almost 25 years now, but when I think of her, I always think of that day.  It's a memory I'll always cherish and I've been forever thankful that my original date cancelled and enabled me to give "Nanny" one of the highlights of her life.

David Howard
Cabot, AR

Best post I've EVER read on Hogville!  Plus I'm jealous, haha!  What an incredible family memory!!
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Torqued pork

Quote from: mhuff on December 16, 2014, 09:03:47 pm
I don't remember the year, but we beat Texas in Little Rock like 35-7 or more. There was a torrential rain ,and players would hydroplane 5-7 yards after a tackle. It was lightning and a tornado passed by closely; however, I would not leave the game. Tough to stay in a lightning storm and aluminum seats. I always thought lightning storms and beating Texas were beautiful.  ;D

My wife always said, " I am for Arkansas and anyone who beats Texas." It was more important to me in those SWC games to beat Texas than any other game of the season.
1971. Hogs 31 Horns 7

trippigs

The 1977 game was in Fayetteville. It was a big one with the Hogs @#8 and the Longhorns @#2.  All tied up at halftime @ 6 each and I had a decision to make. Watch the rest of the game or go to Old Main to take the GRE. I opted for the GRE but I could hear the crowd roaring and hoped it meant good things. Learned later it was Earl the pearl Campbell breaking loose for a 180 yard day! We lost 13 to 6...bummer.

hoggusamoungus

1979 and I was at UCA.  Tickets were $8 and I had my usual seat in the south end zone. My  roommate and another buddy bought UA student tickets for $20 but without a student ID, were turned away at the gate.  Neither had any cash so my roomie cussed and our buddy literally had tears in his eyes.  I saw a guy holding up two tickets so I gave him a $20 but he insisted on giving me the $4 in change.  The tickets were on the 35 yard line and the smile on those guys' faces made that the best $16 I had ever spent.   

PonderinHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 16, 2014, 10:00:45 pm
1971. Hogs 31 Horns 7
A couple of memories from that game.  First, does anyone besides me remember which TV announcer went off on a profanity laced tirade after a commercial break?  He didn't realize they were "live and on the air" he really dropped some bombs on national television.  It was hilarious.

The other memory of that game was when Jim Bertlesen tried to stretch out his hand and recover his fumble.  He barely got his fingertips on the ball and was scratching at it desperately.  I'll never forget my mother saying he looked like a cat trying to cover up its crap.  It brought down the house and the rout was on!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

dbh

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 16, 2014, 10:35:17 pm
A couple of memories from that game.  First, does anyone besides me remember which TV announcer went off on a profanity laced tirade after a commercial break?  He didn't realize they were "live and on the air" he really dropped some bombs on national television.  It was hilarious.

The other memory of that game was when Jim Bertlesen tried to stretch out his hand and recover his fumble.  He barely got his fingertips on the ball and was scratching at it desperately.  I'll never forget my mother saying he looked like a cat trying to cover up its crap.  It brought down the house and the rout was on!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

Was it Chris Schenkel?  Or Bud Wilkinson?

rzrbkfn2000

Quote from: hoghevn on December 16, 2014, 09:56:16 pm
Best post I've EVER read on Hogville!  Plus I'm jealous, haha!  What an incredible family memory!!
Without a doubt. Made me tear up a lil   

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

I remember tailgating at home games and asking visiting folks, as they walked by, if they wanted a dog or burger and sit a spell and talk.  TCU, Baylor, Tech, Aggies etc etc etc would all jump in and have a good time.  We were told, several times, to "Go to Hell" when we asked Longhorns fans in for a bite.  This was through the 70's and 80's when I could go to the games regularly, before I signed on in the Navy. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: dbh on December 16, 2014, 10:45:07 pm
Was it Chris Schenkel?  Or Bud Wilkinson?
Man, I hope not.  I can't remember, but it was a classic blooper.

hoglady

The game I remember most was the 1987 loss in Little Rock.
I can still remember that touchdown catch in the North End Zone for the win.
I've never, ever seen a crowd as mad at a head coach as the fans were at Kenny Hatfield that day. It's like all the frustration by the fans just erupted with that winning catch.
It wasn't all Kenny's fault - but we did manage to not throw the ball one time after taking a 14-7 lead in the 2nd quarter. Not one pass play the rest of the game. That loss still stings a little after all these years.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Quote from: hoglady on December 16, 2014, 11:17:33 pm
The game I remember most was the 1987 loss in Little Rock.
I can still remember that touchdown catch in the North End Zone for the win.
I've never, ever seen a crowd as mad at a head coach as the fans were at Kenny Hatfield that day. It's like all the frustration by the fans just erupted with that winning catch.
It wasn't all Kenny's fault - but we did manage to not throw the ball one time after taking a 14-7 lead in the 2nd quarter. Not one pass play the rest of the game. That loss still stings a little after all these years.
Jesus Wept.

hoggusamoungus

Biggus Piggus

I was a freshman at Northwestern in 1981. On Saturday, October 17, NU had a homecoming game against Purdue. The Wildcats lost 35-0 in what became a driving rainstorm. I was one of several Delta Upsilon pledges who attended the game wearing our best suits. My best suit was practically sackcloth, and it wore especially well when drenched.

We returned to the house for a homecoming party. In our great room up front was one TV, tuned to Arkansas-Texas. I was the only person in the packed house who had any connection to Arkansas, but everybody there knew it. As the game unfolded, and Texas stumbled and fumbled, and the Razorbacks dominated, people clustered around the TV, nursing drinks and roaring at every good Arkansas play. People started coming in from outside to see what was going on.

That 42-11 game was the best football experience I had in college, while watching TV in a frat house north of Chicago.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Torqued pork

December 17, 2014, 07:10:00 am #24 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:23:57 am by Torqued pork
Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 17, 2014, 06:57:44 am
That was after the 51-7 loss to Miami.
Worst slaughter I ever attended.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My dad says even Rob Shields doesn't have to get someone else to write his crappy article-posts...     ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 17, 2014, 07:10:00 am

I got the visitors' locker room assignment after the Miami game in Little Rock. Jimmy Johnson was not smug. He seemed mildly annoyed. Kinda like, "Why did anybody expect Arkansas to be able to play with us?"
[CENSORED]!

Hawk

The day of the game in '81, I was in Rogers visiting my then wife's family. We all had tickets to go to the game that day. My ex, though, was nine months pregnant and when it was time to go felt like she needed to stay at the house instead of fighting the crowd. I said "OK, I'll see you after the game". No way she was having any of that! They all decided I had to stay there in case something happened. I will say that, this being my first born, I didn't get too mad. Anyway we watched the game on tv and I loved every second of it.

That night, my best friend invited us down to Fayetteville for a post game meal and party. We did go to that. He had cooked chili for supper and it had more than a little spice to it. We got home around 11pm and went on to bed. Everything was great until 3am when the bed got very very wet. I didn't have a clue what had happened, but she sure did! My daughter was born about 12 hours later in Bentonville.

Coupling the birth of my daughter AND whipping those stupid steers in the same weekend has to rank as the all time best weekend in my life. The memories of it all are still as fresh in my mind now as they were 33 years ago. They are priceless!

Oh yeah, and it's still "Tuck Fexas"  ::hornsdown::

:razorback:
Hawk

DeltaBoy

1981 We watched it on TV and we liked to tore up the living room throwing pillows and screaming.  My Grandma was concerned some one would call the cops but when she went outside the Neighbors on both sides were just a rowdy and loud as we were.  Needless to say it was the most messed up my Grandmaws formal Living room ever got.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mike_e

The very last (tejas) game we played in LR.  I had a brand new wife and wanted to break her in right.

It wasn't much of a game but we beat them.  The part I remember most was that nobody wanted to leave.

It was like everyone was remembering the history we were leaving, looking to the future and everything was going to be OK.

The one time we beat tejas and it wasn't the biggest thing in the season.

I've still got the wife.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

MJ2

Channel 7 & possibly 11 used to show a BEAT TEXAS! randomly over whatever was showing during the week we played Texas each year.    Stores used to give out little antenna Hogs that said Beat Texas and bumper tickets too.

HAWG MAFIA

Quote from: dbh on December 16, 2014, 09:25:42 pm

David Howard
Cabot, AR

Absolutely awesome post!!!!

hoglady

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 17, 2014, 06:57:44 am
That was after the 51-7 loss to Miami.

A humiliating beatdown is sometimes easier to take than a last second loss.
The Miami game and that Texas game caused Hatfield to lose a lot of fan support.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 17, 2014, 07:10:00 am

Jimmy was making a statement that day for sure.

wholehog92

Oddly enough it was the 1978 beat down of OU that really brought things into focus for me.  After that game, me and my dad were jumping around high fiving and celebrating like happy fans.  Emboldened by this unusual display from my dad, I asked if this was the most awesome day that could be had as a razorback fan in whatever language a 6 year old used in 1978.  I'll never forget the response as long as I live.  "Nope, any time we beat the longhorns is better than this" and he just sat down.  I had completely deflated him unintentionally.  The truth of his statement was undeniable though.

Good luck with the article.  I enjoy your work.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 17, 2014, 07:02:28 am
I was a freshman at Northwestern in 1981. On Saturday, October 17, NU had a homecoming game against Purdue. The Wildcats lost 35-0 in what became a driving rainstorm. I was one of several Delta Upsilon pledges who attended the game wearing our best suits. My best suit was practically sackcloth, and it wore especially well when drenched.

We returned to the house for a homecoming party. In our great room up front was one TV, tuned to Arkansas-Texas. I was the only person in the packed house who had any connection to Arkansas, but everybody there knew it. As the game unfolded, and Texas stumbled and fumbled, and the Razorbacks dominated, people clustered around the TV, nursing drinks and roaring at every good Arkansas play. People started coming in from outside to see what was going on.

That 42-11 game was the best football experience I had in college, while watching TV in a frat house north of Chicago.

biggus.

ark. v tejas, 1981.

i was a DU pledge in fayetteville.  there's a good story behind the pic, attached.  i rode the goal post down. one of my finer college moments. 

it was better than the jail the night before.  one hell of a week, texas week was.

i'm in texas now, getting ready for depositions.  this is a good distraction.  puts me in the mood for some texas schwag from the airport.  i'll elaborate more on this later.  how the pic came to me is a bit interesting as well.

go hogs.

p.s. the storming the field was because of a texas band cowboy hat.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The rest of the frog.

snoblind

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 16, 2014, 10:35:17 pm

Believe it was Bud.  I remember it.  Something along the lines of I can't believe those @!@#$! are beating the #@!@#@$ out of those !@!@#@#$@$.

JJHog

December 17, 2014, 04:39:02 pm #37 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:51:23 am by JJHog
Random...

A friend rode with wife and 2 in laws to LR and saw the Horns beat us.
Afterwards he was so mad he threw his coke out the open car window, except it wasn't
open. Everyone got wet and sticky. The ride home was silent.

Ambush in Austin was pretty sweet, hugging complete strangers while we made stops from Austin back to Arkansas.

A friend worked in Austin, Donnie Little came in his store and said a fake FG  was coming if the game got tight, friend even tried to call Broyles and warn him. Sure enough UT lined up for a FG late in the game....but they kicked it..and it was no good, Hogs win!

I think the Texas mystique over us is gone ( finally) -- what are we 5-5 in the last 10 meetings?

There's nothing like beating Texas, a smile is on your face for weeks !

Mid October is not the same without the Horns, it was a great anticipation all week
and a chance to beat the best on Saturday.

" Think Right, Do Right"

vector4dz

Thanks everybody. That's some great stuff.

MontanaHog

I can pinpoint the date of my Razorback fan affliction--Saturday, October 17, 1964. I was nine years old, and my family had spent the afternoon and early evening visiting relatives in Little Rock. At some point, we discovered that the Hogs were leading the No. 1 Longhorns. 7-0 at half, thanks to a long punt return by Kenny Hatfield.

As we set off for the hour-long drive home, we listened to the rest of the game on the car radio.  There's nothing like listening to sports on AM radio at night--often straining to hear the the signal through a cacophony of noise generated by solar flares, distant lightning, or God-knows-what, but then punctuated by periods of absolute clarity. During those moments, Bud Campbell was our conduit to what was going on in Austin.

Early in the 4th, the Horns tie it.  We immediately respond to retake the lead.  But now, Texas is driving again. And with just a minute and a half left, they score the TD.

In some ways, I prefer the old no-overtime rules. What strategy do you use?  Accept the kiss-your-sister tie, or go for two to win the game?  As a portent of what will happen in the '69 game, Darrell Royal opts to try the deuce. And wonder of wonders, the Hogs hold! We win 14-13!

After that, who could fail to be smitten? But of course, the bad news is that, at age 9, an expectation of all things Razorback turning out right was fully established. How many times have those expectations failed me over the next 50 years?

Nonetheless, all of those disappointments can't dim the feeling of elation from that October evening so long ago.

TexasTransplant

December 17, 2014, 11:04:24 pm #40 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:03:02 pm by TexasTransplant
In 1959 I rode with my Dad on a charter bus from Rogers to LR for the game.  When the bus pulled into the parking lot a guy with a 10-gallon hat stepped n the door and offered $100 apiece for two tickets -- big bucks when face value was $3  -- and got no takers.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: MontanaHog on December 17, 2014, 10:58:41 pm
I can pinpoint the date of my Razorback fan affliction--Saturday, October 17, 1964. I was nine years old, and my family had spent the afternoon and early evening visiting relatives in Little Rock. At some point, we discovered that the Hogs were leading the No. 1 Longhorns. 7-0 at half, thanks to a long punt return by Kenny Hatfield.

As we set off for the hour-long drive home, we listened to the rest of the game on the car radio.  There's nothing like listening to sports on AM radio at night--often straining to hear the the signal through a cacophony of noise generated by solar flares, distant lightning, or God-knows-what, but then punctuated by periods of absolute clarity. During those moments, Bud Campbell was our conduit to what was going on in Austin.

Early in the 4th, the Horns tie it.  We immediately respond to retake the lead.  But now, Texas is driving again. And with just a minute and a half left, they score the TD.

In some ways, I prefer the old no-overtime rules. What strategy do you use?  Accept the kiss-your-sister tie, or go for two to win the game?  As a portent of what will happen in the '69 game, Darrell Royal opts to try the deuce. And wonder of wonders, the Hogs hold! We win 14-13!

After that, who could fail to be smitten? But of course, the bad news is that, at age 9, an expectation of all things Razorback turning out right was fully established. How many times have those expectations failed me over the next 50 years?

Nonetheless, all of those disappointments can't dim the feeling of elation from that October evening so long ago.

+1.

I will always be your first.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Razorbacker4life

I was a junior at the U of A in 1964 when we beat Texas 14 - 13 in Austin.   The highlight of the game was Ken Hatfield's 81 yard punt return for a TD.  The game was not on TV so we listened to it on the radio in the dorm.   There were all kinds of celebrations on and around Dickson Street and the campus.   A least a thousand students went to meet the team returning to Drake Field several hours after the game.   There were drunk students all over the runway so the team plane had to circle until the runway was cleared.  A wild scene.

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on December 17, 2014, 10:58:41 pm

Lots of studies show that human memories are quite inaccurate. Add my post to the list of evidence. I could have sworn that it was Bud Campbell doing the play-by-play from Austin in 1964. But after a couple of days, that didn't seem quite right.  I think Bud started in 1965, so it must have been Bob Cheyne that night.

pignparadise

Memories

[attachment deleted by admin]
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"