Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big XII Meeting With Expansion Candidates

Started by NaturalStateReb, December 09, 2014, 02:07:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 09:14:37 am
They are both very large commuter type schools with only a little loyal support athletically. However they are in large media markets. I agree thought that there are better options available.

I just don't think media markets are going to be the driver in this thing the way they were last time.  Plus, the Big XII doesn't have a network to even be concerned about things like carriage fees.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

idochog

Only way it would work is if Texas turned LHN into the B12 Network and they are too pompous to do that
I love Jesus!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BR on December 10, 2014, 09:26:52 am
BYU is not an option.   They will not play ANY activities on a Sunday... Per most Sports talk show, BYU is not in the Mix... All sports except Football have games/matches on Sundays.. BYU has to find a conf. AAC/Mountain West that will work with them... No P5 school will consider the scheduling hassles BYU will bring. Even though BYU Alumni base all over the  US would help...

As a religious based institution I can respect that. Not playing on Sunday is an issue but all factors have to be weighted. I do believe in some respects the little12 needs someone like them more then they need the little12 due to the national draw and interest. No other team available brings what they bring. Perhaps the little12 can look past that schedule issue and perhaps not. IF the little12 was to expand and take others over BYU because of it then it only proves they still have issues. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: idochog on December 10, 2014, 10:05:33 am
Only way it would work is if Texas turned LHN into the B12 Network and they are too pompous to do that

That depends on what schools they consider. As you know some schools bend over every time tejas tells them too.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

wildhogman

Quote from: Danny J on December 09, 2014, 08:13:32 pm
Screw what the Big 12 does.....if the other conferences were smart they would pony up some $$$$ and try to capitalize on this fiasco to poach away their teams. If I were the SEC I would go after OU and Baylor.
agree with you, but i like the idea of taking baylor and tcu. they are good programs now and improving and with SEC money would upgrade thier facilities like A&M is now. and that laves texass and blowU dangling and twisiting in the wind looking for a place to land because they would see the end of the lil12 right around the corner.   Course this wont happen, and the sweet taste of seeing it would soon turn bitter when we watch the west divisiob get even stronger.

NaturalStateReb

No Baylor.  Ever.  Whenever things don't go their way, those Baptists have a phalanx of lawyers on you.  Baylol and Texas were made for each other.  As a punishment.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Dumb ole famrboy

They could try going after The Air Force Academy for the Colorado/Denver Market. Kinda thought the ACC would have targeted The Naval Academy as a replacement for Maryland instead of Louisville.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 10, 2014, 08:59:48 am
UCF has promise.  USF is a struggling dumpster fire.  They're both really killer Sunbelt programs.  I don't see the Big XII seriously considering either one. 

UCF is AAC with as many BCS games as the Hogs the last 10 years, in a major TV market/tourist destination, and thousands of alumni spread all over tv markets everywhere.   they belong at the table.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: wildhogman on December 10, 2014, 10:55:27 am
agree with you, but i like the idea of taking baylor and tcu. they are good programs now and improving and with SEC money would upgrade thier facilities like A&M is now. and that laves texass and blowU dangling and twisiting in the wind looking for a place to land because they would see the end of the lil12 right around the corner.   Course this wont happen, and the sweet taste of seeing it would soon turn bitter when we watch the west divisiob get even stronger.

Baylor already HAS upgraded their facilities. BUT they do not have a large enough following.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on December 10, 2014, 11:16:58 am
They could try going after The Air Force Academy for the Colorado/Denver Market. Kinda thought the ACC would have targeted The Naval Academy as a replacement for Maryland instead of Louisville.

They would be better off if they want the pothead market to go after CSU. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 10, 2014, 10:01:13 am
I just don't think media markets are going to be the driver in this thing the way they were last time.  Plus, the Big XII doesn't have a network to even be concerned about things like carriage fees.

Media may not be the number one or only driver but it will play a huge role. Even if you have national coverage you still need ratings.

wildhogman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 11:36:24 am
They would be better off if they want the pothead market to go after CSU. 
Yeah I was thinking selfishly. I dont really want either. I was thinking if you take 2 of the better teams from that conference it was lower Texass and blowU's credibility even more.  When Texas goes independent and falls on its face and has to crawl to the pac 12.(or even better the sunbelt) I'll be doing a happy dance. (I know this is all wishful thinking but they deserve it)

hogsanity

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 11:38:42 am
Media may not be the number one or only driver but it will play a huge role. Even if you have national coverage you still need ratings.

It will play a role IF a league is looking for a new market. If they are just looking to expand, as in the big12 case to get to a certain # of teams, media markets won't matter much.

Still think at some point, one of the conferences will go away. It wont be the sec, biG10, or Pac12. Either the acc or big12 will disappear.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2014, 11:56:11 am
It will play a role IF a league is looking for a new market. If they are just looking to expand, as in the big12 case to get to a certain # of teams, media markets won't matter much.

Still think at some point, one of the conferences will go away. It wont be the sec, biG10, or Pac12. Either the acc or big12 will disappear.

They will still need some resemblance of good media markets or ratings draws in order for the new members to increase value of the conference brand and thus more money per school instead of potentially diluting it and having less money per school.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2014, 11:56:11 am

I've been all for having 4 super conferences with 16 teams each divided into two divisions. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 12:02:39 pm
I've been all for having 4 super conferences with 16 teams each divided into two divisions. 

who decides who stays or goes?  does iowa st get to stay?  what is the criteria for elite membership? 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 10, 2014, 12:06:40 pm
who decides who stays or goes?  does iowa st get to stay?  what is the criteria for elite membership? 

I didn't say it would be easy! Anytime there is a "choice" to be made those that get left out will complain..............kind of like the current playoff and march madness is.

uams1989

Some of you don't get it. FSU, Clemson, UCF, etc. don't bring new TV markets. If we add two new members that don't bring new TV markets, the money is diluted and less for the existing members.

Expansion will likely only be for new markets. UNC (not coming to the SEC) and Va Tech are really the only suitable candidates going East. Possibly NC State.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: uams1989 on December 10, 2014, 01:54:03 pm
Some of you don't get it. FSU, Clemson, UCF, etc. don't bring new TV markets. If we add two new members that don't bring new TV markets, the money is diluted and less for the existing members.

Expansion will likely only be for new markets. UNC (not coming to the SEC) and Va Tech are really the only suitable candidates going East. Possibly NC State.

Well, then clearly based on the 2013 TV ratings that were posted earlier, we should be going after OSU and Notre Dame.  That would add TV markets.   8)   The added benefit would be Urban Meyer having another meltdown due to the pressure of having to actually play in a real conference where every week poses a challenge, rather than playing 2 teams a year.   ::)    Phil Fulmer was my least favorite coach for a long time, and now it's Urban Meyer.  I can't stand that guy.... 

Also, what's better than watching ND lose every week?   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Paul

adding UCF & CSU would greatly dilute the SEC football "brand." We already have Vandy who has regressed since Franklin left & UK who is improving but probably will continue to be the 2nd best CFB program in their state

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: uams1989 on December 10, 2014, 01:54:03 pm

Assuming that the acquisition of new markets will drive the decision.  I don't think it will, at least not to the extent it did last time.  It's now going to be about adding more and better games to make the product more attractive.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Paul on December 10, 2014, 02:20:14 pm
adding UCF & CSU would greatly dilute the SEC football "brand." We already have Vandy who has regressed since Franklin left & UK who is improving but probably will continue to be the 2nd best CFB program in their state

I think these were mentioned for the Big XII.  I don't think anyone sees these schools in the SEC.

impact

Quote from: reddogjcss on December 09, 2014, 06:51:58 pm
If big 12 don't follow SEC format and equal share the money and TV network it just a patch that will come apart very soon! You can't have one school (Texas) getting lions share of the money and having there own network. Texas has always wanted to be the stand out. BIG 12 COULD DO VERY GOOD FOLLOWING SEC FORMAT AND KICKING TEXAS OUT! Texas needs to be an independent cause they will doom any conference there a part of,

How does the Big 12 distribute money between Texas and its other schools?  This article claims that they distribute as much as the SEC.  I understand that the new schools received a smaller portion that the other founding members of the conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11007094/sec-distributes-record-2928-million-revenue
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

chenalhog

Quote from: Mark Martin Fan on December 09, 2014, 03:27:04 pm
I'm thinking that Texas and OU will be in another conference in a few years when we go to 4 major conference with 16 teams.  They could both end up in the PAC12 or maybe even the Big10 or SEC...or go to different conferences.  Texas hosed themselves when they had the chance to go to the PAC12 or the SEC...they couldn't let go of the control they had so now they control a conference that is dying and a network that is a waste of airtime. 
They will eventually end up in a differenct conference and will have lost a lot of $$ getting there. 

texas can join any conference they want at any time they choose. they just have decide give up bing bully on the playground

chenalhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 09, 2014, 10:40:42 pm
I am waiting for the Pac 12 to gobble up Tech, KS, KState and Iowa State...the SEC to snag OU and OSU...and ACC to grab West Virginia and someone from outside of the power 5. Simultaneously bury the Horns plans six-feet deep.

That's stupid  Pac 12 will never invite those 4 hick schools. They only take ou & texas

Leave UT with their network and Baylor and TCU. Y'all have fun with that.

Razorback4

Cincy would be a dumb idea. They should go after BYU and Houston

Adam Stokes

Here is an argument for what BYU can bring that others can't.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865617299/BYU-could-become-the-perfect-candidate-for-Big-12-expansion.html

Summary:

- BYU boasts facilities, history and on-field success that collectively beats any of the other candidates on the list. Its stadium size, academic standing and television facilities put it in the top half of the conference.
- While not bigger than Orlando, Salt Lake City ranks higher than Cincinnati, Memphis and Boise in media market size and the Cougars have a much greater share of their market than those other candidates.  BYU, unlike UCF or any of the others schools on that list, boasts fans in every major market and an international presence to boot.
- BYU could join as a football only member.  If that were the case Sunday games and geography wouldn't be that big a deal. 
- BYU is uniquely positioned, due to its contract with ESPN, to offer the Big 12 membership without requiring any TV money initially. The school could work out a deal with the conference wherein it keeps its own contract with ESPN for home games until the current Big 12 deal is up in 2025. At that time, the Cougars value would be negotiated into a new conference TV deal, and at that point BYU could begin collecting a check through the league.
- Time Zone advantage, you could show later games.
- And from the article, "While there may be philosophical differences, fears about BYUtv and geographic concerns, one factor puts all the Big 12 schools on the same page: Money.  And there, BYU has the most to offer. Or in this case, would take the least."

Murr

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 09, 2014, 03:53:31 pm
The SEC's next expansion will be along the East Coast.

We said that last time and then added A&M and Missouri.

Murr

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 10, 2014, 08:58:19 amWest Virginia brings solid football and basketball.  Virginia Tech's old AD, Jim Weaver, was dead set against joining the SEC; the new AD, Whit Babcock, seems intent on improving VT athletics.  Considering that the football team looks mired in mediocrity, he might be more open to SEC overtures.

If the SEC goes to 16, and that's a big if, it'll be the last expansion.

Dream Candidates:  UNC, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma
More Likely Candidates:   Oklahoma State, NC State, West Virginia, UVA, Clemson, Florida State
Ain't Gonna Happen:  Texas, Miami, Louisville, Houston, SMU, TCU, Baylor

AD's don't make these decisions, don't get me wrong as they have some influence over it, but Presidents make these choices.

The President of VPI, Virginia Tech, that moved the school from the Big East to the ACC retired last year.  I'm not sure what the new president would want to do if given the options of the ACC, Big Ten and SEC.

I altered the dream sheet to what my thoughts are.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Murr on December 10, 2014, 11:19:16 pm
We said that last time and then added A&M and Missouri.

Are you saying we fans are just guessing despite our certainty?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Iwastherein1969

if you have the time....see who gets the last laugh....this was the halftime show of the last time Arkansas would play Texas as a member of the SWC....oh, it was a big ol' Texas hoot....here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJV4_L6nm0g
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 11, 2014, 08:20:46 am
Are you saying we fans are just guessing despite our certainty?

Surely that never happens.  The all seeing eye of Hogville knows all!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Murr on December 10, 2014, 11:33:40 pm
AD's don't make these decisions, don't get me wrong as they have some influence over it, but Presidents make these choices.

The President of VPI, Virginia Tech, that moved the school from the Big East to the ACC retired last year.  I'm not sure what the new president would want to do if given the options of the ACC, Big Ten and SEC.

I altered the dream sheet to what my thoughts are.

I kind of wonder if Virginia Tech would be a cultural oddity in the SEC.  They'd be on the periphery, and their programs are struggling to be competitive in the ACC.  I think it works if you find another eastern team--UNC ideally, but that's not going to happen.  Pair them with West Virginia or NC State, and you've got something.

I just don't think UVA's ever going to be interested.  They consider themselves to basically be an Ivy League school, and I think they'd see the rest of the SEC as an educational ghetto (even though it's not).  I just think there's too much blue blood in Charlottesville looking at the SEC like it's the set of Hee Haw.  The only way this happens, IMO, and it may not even happen then, is if the SEC somehow, through some miracle, could lure UNC into the conference first.  If that happens, then all bets could be off, since the ACC as we know it would collapse.  Then all kinds of options would be on the table.

DeltaBoy

I believe the SEC is set and the Big 12 will add 2 more teams in the next 2-3 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 11, 2014, 08:38:19 am
if you have the time....see who gets the last laugh....this was the halftime show of the last time Arkansas would play Texas as a member of the SWC....oh, it was a big ol' Texas hoot....here it is...

that 4th qtr  :puke:

hogwannab

I would rather dissolve the Big 12 conference and place them in other power conferences.  Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and OSU to Pac 12; Kansas and K State to B1G, TCU and Baylor to SEC, and West Virginia to ACC.  Tell Notre Dame if they want to play for a national championship, they too must join the ACC.  If they agree, let Iowa State join another conference, such as Conference USA.  All conferences would then have 16 teams and could decide rules regarding inter-conference games.

That gives four power conferences and an eight team playoff system.  The first round of playoffs is the conference championship game.  After that, the Committee ranks the four champions 1-4, and they go through the current process.

ACC North                          ACC South
Boston College                    Clemson
Notre Dame                        Duke   
Louisville                            Florida State
Pittsburgh                          Georgia Tech   
Syracuse                           Miami-FL
Virginia                              NC State
Virginia Tech                      North Carolina
West Virginia                      Wake Forest

Big 10 East                        Big 10 West
Illinois                               Iowa
Maryland                           Minnesota
Michigan                           Nebraska
Michigan State                   Wisconsin
Northwestern                     Kansas
Ohio State                        Kansas State
Penn State                        Indiana
Rutgers                             Purdue

SEC West                          SEC East
Arkansas                            Alabama
Baylor                               Auburn
LSU                                  Florida
Miss. State                        Georgia
Missouri                             Kentucky
Ole Miss                            South Carolina
TCU                                 Tennessee
Texas A&M                        Vanderbilt

Pac 12 West                      Pac 12 East
California                           Arizona
Oregon                              Arizona State
Oregon State                     Colorado
Stanford                            OK State
UCLA                                Oklahoma
USC                                  Texas 
Wash. St.                          Texas Tech
Washington                        Utah

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogwannab on December 11, 2014, 12:27:56 pm
I would rather dissolve the Big 12 conference and place them in other power conferences.  Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and OSU to Pac 12; Kansas and K State to B1G, TCU and Baylor to SEC, and West Virginia to ACC.  Tell Notre Dame if they want to play for a national championship, they too must join the ACC.  If they agree, let Iowa State join another conference, such as Conference USA.  All conferences would then have 16 teams and could decide rules regarding inter-conference games.

That gives four power conferences and an eight team playoff system.  The first round of playoffs is the conference championship game.  After that, the Committee ranks the four champions 1-4, and they go through the current process.

I like it.  The elephant in the room is that Texas will NEVER do anything that would mean they wouldn't get a bigger portion of whatever pie is on the table.  It's just their bully persona. 

It's why you can sit down in any bar and start a conversation about their constant threat to secede from the US, and at first you'll get some laughs about it, but if you stick with it long enough...you'll either end up having to let it go, or get into a fist fight.  They're crazy....and they truly believe everything is bigger and better in TX, and they DESERVE more. 

For those who really haven't spent much time in Texas or around Texans, you need to realize...there's a reason so many older Arkansans don't care for the Longhorns, and it runs deeper than their dominance in the series.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 11, 2014, 08:38:19 am

That was funny. Not sure but I think  during one game the Hog band played "All my Ex's" didn't they?

P.S.
You do have to give the shorthorn band credit for the tribute they did for TAMU after the bonfire tragedy.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 11, 2014, 12:41:52 pm
That was funny. Not sure but I think  during one game the Hog band played "All my Ex's" didn't they?

P.S.
You do have to give the shorthorn band credit for the tribute they did for TAMU after the bonfire tragedy.

OK...I'll bite.  What did they do for a tribute.  Please tell me they didn't play "Disco Inferno."   :o

Inhogswetrust

December 11, 2014, 12:48:15 pm #139 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:58:23 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 11, 2014, 09:16:49 am
I kind of wonder if Virginia Tech would be a cultural oddity in the SEC.  They'd be on the periphery, and their programs are struggling to be competitive in the ACC.  I think it works if you find another eastern team--UNC ideally, but that's not going to happen.  Pair them with West Virginia or NC State, and you've got something.

I just don't think UVA's ever going to be interested.  They consider themselves to basically be an Ivy League school, and I think they'd see the rest of the SEC as an educational ghetto (even though it's not).  I just think there's too much blue blood in Charlottesville looking at the SEC like it's the set of Hee Haw.  The only way this happens, IMO, and it may not even happen then, is if the SEC somehow, through some miracle, could lure UNC into the conference first.  If that happens, then all bets could be off, since the ACC as we know it would collapse.  Then all kinds of options would be on the table.

VT is CLOSER to the center geographically of the SEC than TAMU, Mizzou, Florida,WVU, NCSU, etc. It would be little difference travel wise for them and in some ways better than Mizzou, Tamu or Florida. It is the larger than UVA and UNC and WVU with enrollment a little over 30K. NCSU is barely larger than VT. VT is the land grant institution in Virginia just like 9 other SEC schools including Arkansas. It is more like the SEC "atmosphere" than any teams in the ACC other than perhaps Clemson. I would have also said FSU but the land grant school in Florida is UF. But FSU does put emphasis in athletics like the SEC.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogwannab on December 11, 2014, 12:27:56 pm

That is a really good layout.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 11, 2014, 12:48:15 pm
VT is CLOSER top the center geographically of the SEC than TAMU, Mizzou, Florida,WVU, NCSU, etc. It is the larger than UVA and UNC and WVU. NCSU is barely larger than VT. VT is the land grant institution in Virginia just like 9 other SEC schools including Arkansas. It is more like the SEC "atmosphere" than any teams in the ACC other than perhaps Clemson. I would have also said FSU but the land grant school in Florida is UF. But FSU does put emphasis in athletics like the SEC.

I agree.  Picking off Va Tech, and adding another Big 12 school who is disgruntled with the UT dominance would be a good path for further expansion, barring a complete dissolution of the Big 12, 10, whatever it is now.  Colorado, Nebraska, Mizzou, and TAMU aren't going to be the only schools to bolt I'm sure. 

Texas will wait to go somewhere they can be a "big dog" or be the next Notre Dame and try to be independent.  Heck...they threaten to secede from the US about every 5 years.   ::)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 11, 2014, 12:56:48 pm
Texas will wait to go somewhere they can be a "big dog" or be the next Notre Dame and try to be independent.  Heck...they threaten to secede from the US about every 5 years.   ::)

We should let them AND California do so!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 11, 2014, 12:41:46 pm
I like it.  The elephant in the room is that Texas will NEVER do anything that would mean they wouldn't get a bigger portion of whatever pie is on the table.  It's just their bully persona. 

It's why you can sit down in any bar and start a conversation about their constant threat to secede from the US, and at first you'll get some laughs about it, but if you stick with it long enough...you'll either end up having to let it go, or get into a fist fight.  They're crazy....and they truly believe everything is bigger and better in TX, and they DESERVE more. 

For those who really haven't spent much time in Texas or around Texans, you need to realize...there's a reason so many older Arkansans don't care for the Longhorns, and it runs deeper than their dominance in the series.   

The biggest elephant in the room is the fact that the Power 5 conferences aren't going to just voluntarily dissolve themselves.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 11, 2014, 12:59:40 pm
The biggest elephant in the room is the fact that the Power 5 conferences aren't going to just voluntarily dissolve themselves.

Correct. They have no reason to do so. The only think that can happen is if one steals teams from the other as it already has happened. Perhaps in the distant future they can all get together and realign to form those four super conferences but it will take a lot of other things to change and happen before they would even consider it.

urkillnmesmalls

OK, that is a bigger elephant for sure.   ;)   But...if a few more start making moves to leave the Big 12, there's not going to be another TCU caliber school around to fill the void.  They're about two departures away from being an afterthought don't you think? 

Hogfaniam

No real reason for them to.  All the NCAA has to do is start raising the standard for qualifying to be a FBS school.  Attrition will take care of the smaller schools/conferences.  The remaining schools will petition to join the stronger conferences. 

The attendance avg per game required is 15k. Raise it step by step to 30k. (Just an arbitrary number. Avg fbs per game is 48k I believe).

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Paul on December 10, 2014, 02:20:14 pm

Uh... UCF has been very competitive for a few years now.   They are in a bowl this year playing NC State.   Won the Fiesta Bowl last year.  They are 9-3 this year and were 11-1 last year.   Second largest university in the US.    Don't get the comparison to Vandy.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogsanity

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 11, 2014, 12:56:48 pm
I agree.  Picking off Va Tech, and adding another Big 12 school who is disgruntled with the UT dominance would be a good path for further expansion, barring a complete dissolution of the Big 12, 10, whatever it is now.  Colorado, Nebraska, Mizzou, and TAMU aren't going to be the only schools to bolt I'm sure. 

Texas will wait to go somewhere they can be a "big dog" or be the next Notre Dame and try to be independent.  Heck...they threaten to secede from the US about every 5 years.   ::)

VT would fit the SEC just fine for football. They know how to turn out for games, but the rest of their programs are not very good at all. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogsanity on December 11, 2014, 01:32:20 pm
VT would fit the SEC just fine for football. They know how to turn out for games, but the rest of their programs are not very good at all.

Ahhh...yeah, I hadn't even considered that.  But...let's be honest, if they stink at BB, minus KY and Fla....they'd fit right in with the SEC.   8)