Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

unintended double post

Started by HogCard, October 28, 2013, 01:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogCard

With the recent flip of JE, it makes me wander what would happen if say Nick Saban just said one day he wanted to coach North Carolina for example.  How fast would NC make it to the top?  Would they at all?

I'm not bashing our current staff, but it begs the question as to why kids do what they do?  Is it how high profile that current school is?  Certainly A&M is having more success than we are right now.  Is that why the flip?  Or is it a better coaching staff (in that kid's mind)?  Or is it the opportunity to play sooner (must not be).

The more we lose, the harder it is going to be get recruits to want to come play for us.  Yet some feel that if you throw $10 million at the "supposedly" best coach out there, you instantly become successful.  I'm not arguing either way and feel there is a little truth to any scenario.

As a fan base, every time there is a coaching change, we feel we should go after the Saban's, Carroll's, Johnson's, Chuckie's of the world and I am all about that as well, but what is the real answer? 

Maybe cheating.  Looks like it worked for Ole Miss.