Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ross: Learn about #LSU DC Dave Aranda's 'intriguing' pass-rushing scheme

Started by jbcarol, January 02, 2016, 09:07:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

He signed a 3 year guaranteed contract with LSU @ $1.3 million per year.  I doubt he leaves for anything less than a HC position.

Wildhog

Aranda is an outstanding coach and recruiter.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 12, 2016, 09:16:03 pm
So most think Ed O won't be given the head job after the season. Could we hire Dave Aranda? If he isn't retained by the new staff?

This is absolutely silly. Switch Their MLB, safety, and one of their DT with ours and Rob Smith would get the same results. Remember Rob Smith had a top 10 defense with Spaight, Philon and Flowers.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

rickm1976

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 1m1 minute ago

#LSU Film Room is open. Aranda used Duke Riley (red) often Saturday. Gets pressure on early 3rd-down to force an INC. Neal (black) twist.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/797940765506703361

QuoteAranda wasn't satisfied with limiting another opponent to under 20 points in a 38-10 win against Arkansas. The Razorbacks executed running back screen plays for 54 and 23 yards in the fourth quarter.

"Dave's in there mad because they ran a couple of screens on him," said LSU interim coach Ed Orgeron. "You got to like that."

It's rubbing off on his defense, too.

"They're learning Dave's mentality of (contesting) every play," Orgeron said. "Dave doesn't want to give up a yard."

By holding the Razorbacks to 10 points, LSU's opponents have scored less than 20 points in seven of nine games, and no opponent has scored more than 21.

The No. 16 Tigers (6-3, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) have given up 10 touchdowns in nine games, the fewest amount for a team in the FBS. Since Orgeron took over as interim coach, LSU has pitched shutouts in 12 of 20 quarters.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 4m4 minutes ago

AM | #LSU Film Room: Offensive line's big push, Duke Riley's blitzing and some new wrinkles from Tigers' offense

http://bit.ly/2fLB9xk

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 17h17 hours ago

'We're trying to be perfect': Aranda's perfectionist mindset rubbing off on #LSU D

jbcarol

Saturday Down South ‏@SDS 42m42 minutes ago

LSU has yet to allow more than 21 pts. 3 SEC teams since 1990 have gone a whole season doing that:
2011 Alabama
1993 Ole Miss
1992 Alabama

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/801792992541556736

QuoteLSU fans giddy about their new coordinator, but they're also anxious about his future.

The program remains without a permanent head coach after Les Miles was fired Sept. 26 — three days before Aranda's 40th birthday. Aranda's future isn't clear. Like the rest of LSU's assistants, he's not allowed to speak with reporters.

But university leaders plan to go to great lengths to keep him in Baton Rouge, no matter who's hired to be the head coach. Aranda reciprocated that interest in remaining at LSU, a source confirmed to The Advocate.

The result of LSU's coaching search could determine his future. Aranda's chances at staying are greatly increased if university leaders keep interim Ed Orgeron as the full-time coach. Orgeron, 55, remains a viable choice — especially given the boost it would provide in keeping Aranda and, potentially, hiring a proven offensive coordinator with a successful track record.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher and Houston coach Tom Herman are candidates LSU has reached out to through third parties.

Aranda in January signed a three-year contract worth $1.2 million per year, a deal that can be reworked at season's end. LSU paid former offensive coordinator Cam Cameron $1.5 million in his final full year with the program in 2015, and the Tigers doled out $1.3 million in Chavis' final year of 2014.

John Battle, a junior safety, still talks to the guy he calls "Chief." In fact, they speak "two to three" times a month, Battle said. They've talked recently.

"He's excited to get me up there (to A&M for the game)," Battle said Chavis told him.

LSUFan

Quote from: jbcarol on November 17, 2016, 03:23:32 pm
Saturday Down South ‏@SDS 42m42 minutes ago

LSU has yet to allow more than 21 pts. 3 SEC teams since 1990 have gone a whole season doing that:
2011 Alabama
1993 Ole Miss
1992 Alabama
We need an offense.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/807595477717782528

QuoteDave Aranda's LSU defense finished the regular season having allowed the second-fewest touchdowns in the nation (16), but he's still hung up on the five his unit gave up against Texas A&M on Thanksgiving night.

Dave Aranda: "The game I'm still upset about is the A&M game.

"I'm still trying to get over the fourth quarter of the A&M game and then I'm trying to watch as much film as I can of Louisville."

Aranda spoke publicly for the first time since July and just a few days after the school announced a new three-year deal making him, for now, the highest-paid assistant coach in our nation.

jbcarol

jbcarol

LSU defense has season rankings on the line in CFP title game

QuoteAlabama (11.4 ppg) would have to surrender 78 points for LSU (15.8 ppg) to win the SEC scoring defense title, but the Tigers can end the season allowing the fewest touchdowns in the FBS.

LSU and Alabama have both allowed just 16 touchdowns, though Alabama will have played three more games. If Clemson scores four touchdowns, LSU will end the season tied with Bama in touchdowns allowed per game (1.33).

No other FBS school has allowed fewer than 21 touchdowns this season.

LSUFan

I think the defense next year for will be on the same level as the 2003 NC team.

The offense is coming together under Orgeron.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/864309029115486208

QuoteBATON ROUGE, La. — There will be moments in 2017 — perhaps many of them — when the middle of LSU's defense will be mostly inhabited by true freshmen. Even entirely inhabited by them.

It's conceivable that as many as five freshmen could be in the middle of the field at a time playing at every level — defensive tackle, inside linebacker and safety. And that means Dave Aranda will be working hard to earn his keep as college football's highest-paid defensive coordinator this fall.

"[Kendell] Beckwith, [Duke] Riley, [Davon] Godchaux, they'd see something and they would play it, because they had been there before. Coach [John] Chavis or someone had mentioned it," said Aranda, who came to LSU from Wisconsin at the beginning of 2016. "The guys we're dealing with now, if I don't say it, they don't know it. It's a slower pace than a year ago."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 2h2 hours ago

Remember that talk about #LSU's D using less DLs & more OLBs?

Here's the nickel pass-rushing package with 2 DLs. Aranda leaves in Thompson.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 13m13 minutes ago

#LSU goes nickel on first play so Kary Vincent got the start.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 19h19 hours ago

This week's Next Level is full of Xs & Os of State's zone read. And GIFs!

Devin White: "It starts with us."

http://bit.ly/2xkHACz

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 13h13 hours ago

State has scored on its last six possessions.

#LSU

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 13h13 hours ago

Ross Dellenger Retweeted Ross Dellenger

*seven