Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unconditional support for Morris

Started by HeathWimp, January 19, 2018, 03:04:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aloha_kid

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 19, 2018, 03:04:45 pm
Now that the dust has settled with the football hires, I started thinking about the type of "honeymoon" period of unconditional support that Morris is likely to get.  Hog fans tend to be a pretty patient and supportive bunch, and by my observation were still strongly supporting Bert at least until the Auburn game this year.  That seemed to be when the wheels fell off, but we were halfway through his 5th season by that point.

My question for the group is this:  how long is Morris's honeymoon going to be?  Does he get something approaching 5 years, like Bert, or will people get frustrated if he has not hit 8 wins by year 3?  Just wanted to get the thoughts of the forum.

Sarcasm?

Bebop

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 24, 2018, 05:08:42 pm
Support them positively and they will automatically try harder.  It will instill confidence that they are doing well.  Confidence will carry you a long way in improving.

So to confirm the key to more W's is trying harder?

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 24, 2018, 05:08:42 pm
Support them positively and they will automatically try harder.  It will instill confidence that they are doing well.  Confidence will carry you a long way in improving.

Since you can't seem to find the prior page.  Reminds me why CBB was fired....couldn't find a recruit in a shoe box that was duct taped to him.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 24, 2018, 06:34:21 pm
Since you can't seem to find the prior page.  Reminds me why CBB was fired....couldn't find a recruit in a shoe box that was duct taped to him.

Since you don't seem to understand what "to confirm" means: Do you believe that trying harder leads to winning football games?

Also, Bielema's average recruiting class was ranked 25th nationally, while Petrino's average class was ranked 27th.  Your statement doesn't hold water.

PorkSoda

Quote from: swineology on January 19, 2018, 06:38:04 pm
3 years to win 9 or GTFO with your Red Bull Hammer Down BS
CBB took 3 years to get TO win # 9
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.