Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does it make those of you who call Bb Bert feel big or are you all dyslexic

Started by hogsanity, September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop the Mike

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:32:01 pm
Not his fault, that is all on you. No one made you buy season tickets.

Dear Bert's mom,

I have purchased tickets long before Bert came, however he is responsible for the pathetic product we are seeing on the field that thus translates to season tickets being worth next to nothing. Very similar to when stock holders in a certain company lose their investments value based on horrible decisions and leadership by the CEO

longpig

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:40:14 pm
Born and raised in Ar. Family has been here 150 years. Just tired of our citizens making every attitude about us perfectly justifiable by how we act.

You should get out more. Nicknames aren't an inbred hillbilly thang.    It's pretty much a world rule that a nickname sticks if you don't like it.  Enos said as much regarding Kelley's nickname "Louisiana Steamboat".
Don't be scared, be smart.

jst01

You worry about others opinions too much. Who cares what other states citizens think of AR. Who cares what a poster says?  I can tell you that nobody outside this state cares what AR is doing as a state socially and they really don't think about what the AR football team is doing. We are not even on the back of people's minds.

Those "outsiders" that label the entire state based on some idiot posts on a message board are in the same category intellectually as the ones posting that stuff. The ones that understand a few ignorant individuals don't represent a population are in the category where most of us are, including you and I, in my opinion.

hawgon

Quote from: jst01 on September 26, 2017, 12:49:40 pm
You worry about others opinions too much. Who cares what other states citizens think of AR. Who cares what a poster says?  I can tell you that nobody outside this state cares what AR is doing as a state socially and they really don't think about what the AR football team is doing. We are not even on the back of people's minds.

Those "outsiders" that label the entire state based on some idiot posts on a message board are in the same category intellectually as the ones posting that stuff. The ones that understand a few ignorant individuals don't represent a population are in the category where most of us are, including you and I, in my opinion.

No, dude.  I intend to paint you all with this turd covered brush.

Hawgboy64

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Good enough for the constitution, should be good enough for Hogville too. Everyone has a right to their own opinion no matter how wrong it is.  As long as anyone is not profane of threatening or bad mouthing the players, let them be.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:41:17 pm
2 pages and still no one has told us what they get out of calling someone a name from behind a keyboard, very telling.
Well that's a simple answer...why do you even have to ask? In short it's some sort of vindication. This type of behavior happens all day, every day, all over the world....to people in the public spotlight.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:41:17 pm
2 pages and still no one has told us what they get out of calling someone a name from behind a keyboard, very telling.

Is it?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: BR on September 26, 2017, 11:20:09 am
I guess Mark Mangino Jr.  would be more appropriate

Not sure I've ever seen a face eat a pair of sunglasses like that before.  Amazing.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

niels_boar

It just doesn't take any effort at all to be critical of job performance without being, otherwise, demeaning, disrespectful, and impolite.  If CBB dislikes the name, it shouldn't be used.  Period.  You don't get to decide what he finds demeaning.  He doesn't get to decide if you should approve of the number of games he is winning.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

birmingHAMette

Druid Brewery had a chalk caricature of him as Santa Claus the year we beat Ole Miss to put them AL in the SEC championship
Go Hogs

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: niels_boar on September 26, 2017, 12:58:53 pm
It just doesn't take any effort at all to be critical of job performance without being, otherwise, demeaning, disrespectful, and impolite.  If CBB dislikes the name, it shouldn't be used.  Period.  You don't get to decide what he finds demeaning.  He doesn't get to decide if you should approve of the number of games he is winning.

All of what you wrote is correct.  It's also correct than nobody gets to choose their nickname.

Grag T

He also doesn't get to decide what nicknames people call him.  Kinda how nicknames have always worked since the beginning of time
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Razorbackers

Quote from: birmingHAMette on September 26, 2017, 12:59:19 pm
Druid Brewery had a chalk caricature of him as Santa Claus the year we beat Ole Miss to put them AL in the SEC championship

birmingHAMette

They called it Merry Bertmas. He gets called Bert by a lot of non AR fans.
Go Hogs

Wildhog

And he doesn't get to decide how anonymous posters on internet message boards refer to him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

longpig

Quote from: birmingHAMette on September 26, 2017, 12:59:19 pm

Bert really messed Bucky up with that.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Ex-Trumpet

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

195bc

Quote from: hogsanity on Today at 10:31:11 am
or maybe in your 10 yr old minds you think it is cute. Really it just makes you sound like an inbred from Alabama.

Quote from: Redhogs on September 26, 2017, 11:13:13 am
States the poster who starts a new thread to scold others about name calling.....pure gold...can't make up this up. ::) ::)

No kidding. The hypocrisy is off the charts.

Ex-Trumpet

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 26, 2017, 10:53:04 am
Hogsanity, I don't always agree with you but in this instance, i could not agree more. Some posters her have made themselves look really bad in the past two weeks.

I hate to agree with you but some posters have looked bad...not naming names but his initials are ballhog1.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HighcountryHog on September 26, 2017, 11:34:02 am
At this point, it's just trolling the fans.  I'm pretty certain if you asked "CBB" about Bert/Bret, he would shrug and go back to eating his hoagie.
I take great offense to that as part of the Po Boy and Grinder Coalition. Hoagie?!? That's OUR word!
🤣🤣😂😅😅
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

niels_boar

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on September 26, 2017, 12:50:52 pm
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Good enough for the constitution, should be good enough for Hogville too. Everyone has a right to their own opinion no matter how wrong it is.  As long as anyone is not profane of threatening or bad mouthing the players, let them be.

There's nothing in the constitution prohibiting you from betting the mortgage on football games at Las Vegas or running naked through the African savannah slathered in Nutella.  Doesn't mean you should exercise those freedoms in polite society.

niels_boar

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 01:01:00 pm
And he doesn't get to decide how anonymous posters on internet message boards refer to him.

Yes, anonymous posters discovering the pleasures of the mob mentality in treating people like they would not like to be treated is such a huge win for civilization.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: niels_boar on September 26, 2017, 01:13:36 pm
There's nothing in the constitution prohibiting you from betting the mortgage on football games at Las Vegas or running naked through the African savannah slathered in Nutella.  Doesn't mean you should exercise those freedoms in polite society.

Of all the people slathered in Nutella running naked through the African savannah, Hawgboy64 would probably be one of the last I would prefer to see.

Wonder what nickname he might get stuck with...

hawgon

I guess I'm dyslexic.  Treb needs to get his crap straight or I'm going to continue to call him out.

Torqued pork

Hogsanity must have temporarily run out of ways to tell us our recruiting base guarantees a mediocre to horrible football team and anyone who may disagree is delusional. He'll find the inspiration to return to his usual form soon enough, I'm sure.

hogsanity

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 26, 2017, 01:27:14 pm
Hogsanity must have temporarily run out of ways to tell us our recruiting base guarantees a mediocre to horrible football team and anyone who may disagree is delusional. He'll find the inspiration to return to his usual form soon enough, I'm sure.

watching the defense last Sat was pretty much proof of that fact, but the gurus here will continue to ignore it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Grag T

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 26, 2017, 01:27:14 pm

Bah, it's much more fun watching him lead "The Feelings Brigade" lol
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 01:24:55 pm
I guess I'm dyslexic.  Treb needs to get his crap straight or I'm going to continue to call him out.

Ya hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?  Lied awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

Ben

You call out posters who call BB out of his name yet you call those posters
-Dyslexic
-Of having a 10-year old mind
-sounding like an inbred from Alabama

You can't script this....
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

hogsanity

Quote from: Ben on September 26, 2017, 02:06:25 pm
-Dyslexic

No, I asked if they were dyslexic. They can answer yes or not to that. And I should not have made the 10 yr old comment, I should not have insulted 10 yr olds that way.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Ben on September 26, 2017, 02:06:25 pm
-Dyslexic

they should just get thicker skin, or ignore it. Guess they got their feeling hurt?

Wildhog

Quote from: niels_boar on September 26, 2017, 01:17:16 pm
Yes, anonymous posters discovering the pleasures of the mob mentality in treating people like they would not like to be treated is such a huge win for civilization.

Merica
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Drop the Mike

Rzbakfromwaybak

Don't call him by a name that's not correct. Call him Mr. "10-23"....(SEC record). Sometimes truth can be insulting....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hawgboy64

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 26, 2017, 01:18:38 pm
Of all the people slathered in Nutella running naked through the African savannah, Hawgboy64 would probably be one of the last I would prefer to see.

Wonder what nickname he might get stuck with...
Bert or Ernie? But Ray Stevens did sing a song about me....

https://youtu.be/1jWmvtBZSaI
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

East Clintwood

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 26, 2017, 10:48:50 am
No, it's not more juvenile.  Calling people names to insult them is especially juvenile on a message board where people call themselves cute screen names.  Using words to insult people is a form of bullying.  It's immature, petty, and childish.

Lighten up Francis. 

It's a sports message board, not real life.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am
or maybe in your 10 yr old minds you think it is cute. Really it just makes you sound like an inbred from Alabama.
No, those that do, are mentally retarded, or had wolves as mom & dad that raised them...(their real mom & dad wouldn't be proud of them anyway)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogsanity

Quote from: Drop the Mike on September 26, 2017, 02:51:44 pm
Pot meet kettle

obviously your sarcasm detector is off.

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 26, 2017, 03:09:40 pm

Lighten up Francis. 

It's a sports message board, not real life.

I don't know about that. The way some act here it IS their life.

DEVIL DOG HOG

We are poor little ole Arkansans can't call our coach by his name. We follow the folks up North do. 
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am
Not to flame but you've answered your own self some how. You've in a topic and opening statement called folks dyslexic,10 year olds and inbreds. Yet are bothered by others namecalling. Maybe someday you can reach the height I did and become a dipshat. :)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 26, 2017, 03:27:06 pm
Not to flame but you've answered your own self some how. You've in a topic and opening statement called folks dyslexic,10 year olds and inbreds. Yet are bothered by others namecalling. Maybe someday you can reach the height I did and become a dipshat. :)

Boohoohoo...😢😢😢
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)