Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Co Pitcher of the Week poll

Started by JackMcQueen, April 26, 2016, 11:13:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the Co Pitcher's of the week had the better outing?

Dominic Taccolini at Kentucky (1-0, 10 inning win)
17 (73.9%)
Logan Shore vs Georgia (6-0 win)
4 (17.4%)
Even
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: April 29, 2016, 11:13:33 am

JackMcQueen

Tacco's line: 10 innings, 0 runs (0 earned), 5 hits, 0 walks, 10 strikeouts, 125 pitches

Shores line: 9 innings, 0 runs (0 earned), 2 hits, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts, 101 pitches (faced minimum)

Both had really good outings, but what's your opinion? (Arkansas bias aside)
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Kevin

10 innings of shut out ball, is better than 9
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LA Football fan

Not to mention it is much tougher to pitch knowing one mistake and you lose vs having a 5-6 run cushion.  Taccolini had the best outing hands down when you consider the pressure he was pitching under for 10 innings.

DiamondHogFan

0 BB over 10 innings is incredible.  Kentucky averaged 1 hit every 2 innings.  IIRC, he had a 1 hitter into the 8th or 9.

yraciv

Honestly it's even. Both were incredible games. Maybe Taco's came in a higher pressure game being on the road and close, but then again is UK really a tough environment? Shore's WHIP was lower, but 10 IP is incredible. Calling it a wash!

DiamondHogFan

Also have to factor in which team needed it more I think.  (In my mind anyways).
Shore has been solid all year, Tacco has struggled.  I think it was a bigger feat for Tacco just based on his recent struggles to climb out on the  mound and have that performance when his season has been disappointing (I think he would consider it disappointing himself).  Sometimes the mental struggle is worse than the physical.  Shore had 6 runs of support...Tacco was in a 0-0 game until the 10th.