Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 41 THREAD: ARKANSAS (24-16, 6-12 SEC ) vs #18 Oklahoma St(25-14 ,10-6 B12)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 26, 2016, 12:15:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 27, 2016, 08:22:01 am
With several smaller conference teams in front of us.  If we can take 2 of 3 this weekend we may scratch the 60s.

Yeah, we should jump about 10 spots with each win, and drop 1-3 with a home loss. SOS should be top 60 after this weekend, so that # will be NCAAT worthy at the end of the season. Two of three this weekend and we will start popping up in NCAAT projections again. 1 and we are still on the cusp, but need to probably sweep bama and win the series v LSU. One thing is for certain, we cannot afford to lose either games against Missouri State. They lost last night to Missouri, and are barely top 100 now.

JackMcQueen

Quote from: jry04 on April 27, 2016, 07:42:34 am
If we push the Saturday start time up to noon we can get one in Saturday
Only issue with this is that the game on Saturday is at 2:00 because of TV purposes.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

jry04

Quote from: JackMcQueen on April 27, 2016, 08:32:44 am
Only issue with this is that the game on Saturday is at 2:00 because of TV purposes.
Yeah I saw that, that is why I can only see us getting two in. Play two 7 inning games on Sunday. Hopefully the storms are later in the afternoon. Is there a rule on how soon the game must resume in order to be played? With the Saturday game starting at 2 we will have all day to get the game in, but may take multiple delays if there isn't a rule preventing that. Assuming Friday is rained out and rain is in the forecast for Saturday, it may be a good idea to start McKinney if it looks like there will be delays. He has only been giving us 3-4 innings as of late, and it would suck to use one of our other two pitchers who seem to be back on track only to lose them early because of a delay.

DiamondHogFan

Not gonna lie...I lost a little hope when we went down 5-2.  I'm glad the team and DVH didn't.  Man, this team has some fight...the kind of fight it takes to get to a regional.  I hope all of the balls bounce our way the last month or so of the season.

Really wanted Teague to finish that one off last night and lock down that closer role.  I think him or Knight can do well there, but we need one of them to take it over so the other is available earlier out of the pen.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: jry04 on April 27, 2016, 08:42:10 am
Yeah I saw that, that is why I can only see us getting two in. Play two 7 inning games on Sunday. Hopefully the storms are later in the afternoon. Is there a rule on how soon the game must resume in order to be played? With the Saturday game starting at 2 we will have all day to get the game in, but may take multiple delays if there isn't a rule preventing that. Assuming Friday is rained out and rain is in the forecast for Saturday, it may be a good idea to start McKinney if it looks like there will be delays. He has only been giving us 3-4 innings as of late, and it would suck to use one of our other two pitchers who seem to be back on track only to lose them early because of a delay.
Smart move there.  Will be interesting to see how things shake out.  A rain delayed series down in College Station worked out pretty well for us last year, hopefully we can get more of the same in that regard.

HogFansReunited

Great week for the hogs, winning a series at ranked Kentucky then coming home and beating a ranked Oklahoma St.  Hopefully it caries on through the weekend and we take the series with A&M.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568