Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 40 THREAD: ARKANSAS (24-15, 6-11 SEC ) vs #12 KENTUCKY ( 23-15, 9-8 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 23, 2016, 06:26:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlueHell

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on April 23, 2016, 04:09:06 pm
Why did Tuck throw to first?  Was it because he didn't want to tag the guy writhing on the ground? 

The ball kicked over toward the dugout according the the UK radio announcer.
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

JHicks3636

Could not get the bunt down to move the runner and then strikes out

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Maddhog

Eagan  comes up and inspires Kentucky to make their 5th pitching change since the sixth inning.   

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Maddhog on April 23, 2016, 04:16:40 pm
Eagan  comes up and inspires Kentucky to make their 5th pitching change since the sixth inning.   
S. Hjelle in to pitch
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Eagan - Lines out to end the inning for the Hogs.

B7 - Hogs clinging to 4-3 lead.

JHicks3636

This guy is obviously the closer. 6 saves and 21 Ks in 13 innings pitched

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

3                             Bot 7th                              4

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
HOGS         2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | X | X | X|  4  |  5  | 0  | 3     
CATS          0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 |    | X | X | X|  3  |  7  | 2  | 8     

Maddhog

Maddhog

McNeill -  Singles to LF.   One on, no outs.  Wilson will pinch run

JHicks3636

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

Maddhog

Mahan - BB.  The winning run is on base for Shelby.  No outs.

Alberius will come on in relief.  Tough situation for The Cockroach.

JHicks3636

Make sure we walk someone in the 9th. None of the 4 pitches was close

Maddhog

Shelby - Bunts on strike 3 and it went foul.   Two on, one out.

JHicks3636

Maddhog

JHicks3636

Maddhog

Maddhog

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

5                             FINAL                              4

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
HOGS         2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | X | X | X|  4  |  5  | 0  | 3     
CATS          0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 | X | X | X|  5  | 10 | 2  | 8     

rhog1

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

trippigs

trippigs

Ironhawg

Hogs got a series win and the losing streak is history.  Good weekend.  Good job on the thread.

Maddhog

Took the wind right out of my sails for a minute.

Positives - We won the series, Taco and Zac were awesome, we played well defensively and with more heart than I've seen in a while.  Proud of everyone's effort.

We need more wins (blinding glimpse of the obvious) or we won't make the conference tournament. 

GO HOGS!!

jry04

Great weekend. Gladly take a series win on the road, but still sucks losing like that. Multiple runners stranded at 3rd, and to take a lead into the 7th with our best 2 bullpen arms and lose is frustrating since wins are at a premium now. Overall great week going 3-1 v top 25 opponents, though. Need to go at least 2-2 this next weekend.

razCzar

Another positive of sorts is we're not in last place in the West -- at least for a little while lol.

pigture perfect

Crap! At least we got the series. Great game and thread. Thanks everyone.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

I'm greedy, I wanted the sweep, I would have taken a series win and we never played a game, but after the first two.......

jry04

stan the man

Didn't we have a play at 1st base on the ground ball over the bag instead of trying to scramble to the base

billmontgomery10

Why take out your closer with the lead in the bottom of the last inning and replace him with a guy who is very hittable and has struggled all during April? Makes no sense.

jry04

Quote from: stan the man on April 23, 2016, 04:58:19 pm
Didn't we have a play at 1st base on the ground ball over the bag instead of trying to scramble to the base
His momentum took him away from 1st, and caused him to slip. He wasn't going to field that ball and throw it across his body to 1st in time. Honestly, the better play probably would have been to let Bernal field it and try for the play at first or Nomura cover the bag. Tough play either way.

jry04

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on April 23, 2016, 05:09:10 pm
Why take out your closer with the lead in the bottom of the last inning and replace him with a guy who is very hittable and has struggled all during April? Makes no sense.
My guess is because he gave up a line drive base hit, and then walked the next batter with pitches that weren't even close?

TPM

Thanks for the PBP.  Unable to follow during game, and it certainly is nice to be able to follow later by reading the thread.  It is a great service you guys provide.  WPS!

Maddhog

Quote from: TPM on April 23, 2016, 05:15:41 pm
Thanks for the PBP.  Unable to follow during game, and it certainly is nice to be able to follow later by reading the thread.  It is a great service you guys provide.  WPS!

That's great. Glad it is useful to you.

PorkRyan

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on April 23, 2016, 05:09:10 pm

Because he threw an 0-2 meatball and then missed with 4 straight that weren't close to the zone. 

DeltaBoy

Tough to lose the rubber match. I was hopping for a Sweep.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

010HogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 25, 2016, 08:15:27 am
Tough to lose the rubber match. I was hopping for a Sweep.

that wasn't a rubber match, we won the series.

Dr. Starcs

hogman64

Quote from: PorkRyan on April 23, 2016, 09:31:33 pm
Because he threw an 0-2 meatball and then missed with 4 straight that weren't close to the zone. 

+  he hasn't proved he can be a closer, IMO the only pitcher on this team who isn't starting who is capable of being a closer in SEC games is James Teague,( assuming he isn't hurt) he needs to get  it straightened out and pitch like he is capable of pitching, if he cant I don't see us as having a dependable closer.....

HogFansReunited

Does anyone know why Kentucky celebrated like they just won the world series after the game?  I thought they got a little carried away considering they just lost a series to an unranked team at home.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568