Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 38 THREAD: ARKANSAS (22-15, 4-11 SEC) vs #12 KENTUCKY (23-13, 9-6 SEC )

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 20, 2016, 03:58:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 22, 2016, 09:28:28 pm
They start off with game 1 having  9 innings. They do not decide on game 2 until game 1 is over and then they have to call it either 7 or 9 innings for game 2.
Our turnaround really took off on a rainy weekend in College Station last year.  It's a little later and we have a steeper mountain to climb, but who knows.  These guys are still battling!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 22, 2016, 09:25:26 pm
Speaking of: Two 7 inning games or two 9 inning games?
I think two 9, but am unsure at this point. We have the triple view tomorrow with the football Spring game, and Diamondbacks on at the same time (get your computers, extra TVs set up), and close it out with the final game of the UK-UA BB game to determine a series split or sweep. Of course, not being a homer, I am hoping for the sweep! :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

jry04

The announcers said we will be playing two 7 innings tomorrow, but I am not sure they know what they are talking about to be honest.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 22, 2016, 09:30:13 pm
That kid pitched his ass off. His game all the way.

After watching him at Memphis and against Florida, I was doubting him getting the job done, boy, was I wrong.

Ironhawg

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 09:34:45 pm
The announcers said we will be playing two 7 innings tomorrow, but I am not sure they know what they are talking about to be honest.
Can't understand that with the games being played on Saturday. Hopefully someone can educate me.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DiamondHogFan

I think we know the answer.  Just take the opposite of what they said...

jry04

WilsonHog

Because tomorrow is the scheduled get-away day, the games will both be 7 innings.

jry04

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 22, 2016, 09:37:08 pm
Can't understand that with the games being played on Saturday. Hopefully someone can educate me.
What Wilson said.

razCzar

DVH stated in his pregame show that it would be a pair of 7 inning games tomorrow.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 22, 2016, 09:40:51 pm
Because tomorrow is the scheduled get-away day, the games will both be 7 innings.
Well, that blows,...... or could be a blessing in disguise, looking forward to it regardless.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 09:40:56 pm
What Wilson said.
Actually, I think you brought this up yesterday, and obviously were correct in your posting. Good call.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 22, 2016, 09:21:48 pm
Awesome job tonight JHicks and ARKANSAS. Hope to see everyone tomorrow for the double header! Go HOGS!
Nice back up Raz.

Thanks to the whole Extra Innings regular and visiting members. Only had to delete a few posts all night. You guys were great. Let's do it twice again tomorrow. Game 1 starts at Noon and game 2 is 30 minutes after.

JHicks3636

Both teams should have an abundance of pitchers for two 7 inning games.

tennesseehogwild

7 inning games are for Babe Ruthers! Feel cheated every time I watch one!

ricepig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 22, 2016, 09:47:32 pm

Yeah, Jackson can stretch that no-no work to 7 and we'll be good.    8)

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 22, 2016, 09:47:32 pm
Hopefully Taco's performance tonight ignites the others to try and emulate his outing tomorrow, and they throw winning games. That's all I am asking, "winning performances." :)

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Taccolini's numbers:
                                                                                                                     NEW
IP     H  R  ER  BB  K  WP  BK  HP  BF  2B  3B  HR  XBH  FO  GO  GDP  TP    ST    ERA
10.0  5   0   0    0  10  0     0    0   35   0    0    0     0     4    15    0    125   84    4.50

Tacco lowered his ERA from 5.57 to 4.50 ERA tonight

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2016, 09:49:30 pm
Yeah, Jackson can stretch that no-no work to 7 and we'll be good.    8)
He may be able to pitch well into game 2...Tacco went 10, how about 14 for Jackson?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Last time Arkansas won an extra-inning shutout was 2012, a 1-0 W over Baylor in 10 innings to win the Waco Super Regional... 5 pitchers used

JHicks3636

Thanks for all of the support in the thread A_R_K, Raz, Madd, etc.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 22, 2016, 09:59:53 pm
Thanks for all of the support in the thread A_R_K, Raz, Madd, etc.

Outstanding!   See y'all tomorrow.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

lefty08

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 22, 2016, 09:37:08 pm

Yeah with Sunday available it doesn't make sense
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

attitude, focus and ole momentum and our pitcher finally earned some work.  I worried the coaching staff was going to jerk defeat from the jaws of victory when they didn't have the bullpen red hot in the 9th and 10th, but
taco saved them this time.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 22, 2016, 09:59:15 pm

Last time Arkansas won an extra-inning shutout was 2012, a 1-0 W over Baylor in 10 innings to win the Waco Super Regional... 5 pitchers used
I immediately thought about the Baylor series after the game last night.  Man, that was a fun/nerve-racking series to watch.

On a very random side note...was that where they kept talking about the beaver behind the outfield fence??  Did I make that up?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 23, 2016, 06:11:34 am
I immediately thought about the Baylor series after the game last night.  Man, that was a fun/nerve-racking series to watch.

On a very random side note...was that where they kept talking about the beaver behind the outfield fence??  Did I make that up?
Not dreaming and not making that up. There was a beaver out there.

YtownHog

Quote from: lefty08 on April 22, 2016, 11:05:33 pm
Yeah with Sunday available it doesn't make sense

I may be wrong but I believe you are required to complete the series in 3 days.  We shouldn't have to count Thursday, but nothing the NCAA does makes sense really.

jry04

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 23, 2016, 06:11:34 am

"Feed the Beaver" was their motto. They said a beaver lived in the pond behind the RF wall, so hitting a HR was feeding the beaver.

I remember joking after that series that the beaver was likely going to starve now that Baylor was eliminated.

BigBrandonAllenFan

AirWarren

Quote from: lefty08 on April 22, 2016, 09:13:09 pm
Hell yeah, let's start a streak and go dancing
Slow down there cowgirl. Got a long way to go with this team.

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 22, 2016, 09:51:00 pm
Hopefully Taco's performance tonight ignites the others to try and emulate his outing tomorrow, and they throw winning games. That's all I am asking, "winning performances." :)

Agreed. Maybe...just maybe Taccolini is about to become the Big staff Ace that Van Horn thought he would be. What a pitching performance!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Maddhog

Quote from: GuvHog on April 23, 2016, 09:44:53 am
Agreed. Maybe...just maybe Taccolini is about to become the Big staff Ace that Van Horn thought he would be. What a pitching performance!!

You need to stay over here with the sane folks, Gov.  :)
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."