Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 37 THREAD: ARKANSAS (21-15, 4-11 SEC) vs #30 CREIGHTON(25-7, 5-1 Big East)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 17, 2016, 09:11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

2                   Top 8th                              6

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
CU           0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |    |    |     |  2  |  7  | 2  | 4     
ARK         0 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |     |  6  | 11 | 0  | 4     

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 19, 2016, 08:16:10 pm
Game starts at 8:30 Central. If no overtime it'll be almost 2am by the time I get home. Pray for no overtime.

Go Preds! Let's go up 3-0! Hopefully they stay out of the box tonight!    Safe trip back home to you!

pigture perfect

SECN did well with these announcers in my opinion. Fair and knowledgable.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Maddhog

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Maddhog

Rodriguez will pitch to Lopez.   

Lopez singles. One on, one out.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Maddhog

Maddhog

Maddhog

And along comes Dave with Willie in tow.   7th pitcher for the Hogs unless I lost count.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Maddhog

Situation is Creighton has runners at the corners with two outs, T8, Hogs lead 6-2.

Maddhog

Unknown bluejay at the plate K's to end the top half.

B8, Hogs lead 6-2.

👍

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

2                   Bot 8th                              6

CU           0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 |    |     |  2  |  9  | 2  | 6     
ARK         0 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |     |  6  | 11 | 0  | 4     

Maddhog

Ironhawg

Quote from: Maddhog on April 19, 2016, 08:51:47 pm
Unknown bluejay at the plate K's to end the top half.

B8, Hogs lead 6-2.

👍

That was a nice series of pitches by Willey.

Maddhog

Wisco Pig

Hog hurlers tonight:
1. Campbell
2. Rogers   
3. Alberius      
4. Murphy      
5. Knight   
6. Rodriguez   
7. Willey

Maddhog

Shaddy, Koch and Spanberger due up.

Shaddy lines out.  Bases empty, one out

Maddhog

Maddhog

Spanberger who is a triple short of the cycle, walks to put one on and two outs.

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

2                   Top 9th                              6

CU           0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 |    |     |  2  |  9  | 2  | 6     
ARK         0 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |     |  6  | 11 | 0  | 5     

Maddhog

Maddhog

Maddhog

A lefty pinch hits for Connolly.

Game ending 6-4-3 DP.

Hogs win 6-2.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

2                   Final                              6

CU           0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 |     |  2  |  9  | 2  | 6     
ARK         0 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | X |     |  6  | 11 | 0  | 5     

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

trippigs

Razorbacks#1

Awesome job Maddhog and ARKANSAS! We needed that one badly! Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Very happy for those young men and their coach and, of course, the fans.

🐗

pigture perfect

tennesseehogwild

Hogs have now beaten Big 12 leader Texas Tech who is #11 RPI. and Big East leader, and #32 RPI Creighton. Wonder how far our RPI falls tonight?  ;)

Wisco Pig

Maddhog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 19, 2016, 09:06:58 pm
Awesome job Maddhog and ARKANSAS! We needed that one badly! Go HOGS!

Yes we did need that.   Kentucky lost to Louisville tonight.

tennesseehogwild

Maddhog

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Maddhog on April 19, 2016, 09:11:38 pm
Looking forward to your PBP on Thursday.

Hope it's another W.    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Maddhog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on April 19, 2016, 09:16:11 pm
Hope it's another W.    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Me too!  We need a conference win or two.

Maddhog

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Spanberger Leads Charge For Hog Baseball - Video Highlights
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/spanberger-leads-charge-for-hog-baseball/

DVH Post Game Video - 17minDVH: We wiped the slate clean. We're 1-0 now.
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/spanberger-leads-charge-for-hog-baseball-over-creighton

BOX SCORE:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/baseball/2016/37.pdf

UP NEXT

The Razorbacks continue with their conference schedule starting Thursday in Lexington, Kentucky, against the 12th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats. The three-game series will have game 1 broadcast on the SEC Network with first pitch slated for 6 p.m. CDT. Game 2 can be seen on ESPNU on Friday starting at 6:30 p.m., then game 3 will be on SEC Network+ with first pitch set for 12 p.m.

jry04

Great win. Very good performance. It was nice to see some of the younger guys come up big when we needed them. Maybe this is what Spanberger needed to get to where we expected him to be. Bonfield, Spanberger, and Bernal could be quite the trio in the middle of our lineup. I was so happy to see us move Shaddy to the OF like I have been screaming for months. Maybe it will take some pressure off him a the plate. Less likely to make a mistake in the OF, and then carry with him to his next at bat. Scroggins also looked comfortable at third. We need him to hit if he is going to stay there, but I loved that he seemed to show more range. I don't mean to bag on Shaddy, because I think he is going to be a really good player and has had some big hits for us in the past, but it seemed like unless it was hit right to him he wasn't going to be able to make a play on it. Scroggins fielded the throw from Koch perfectly to catch the guy stealing, while also ranging to his left to field a ball in front of SS and turn the double play at one point.

Ironhawg

Quote from: jry04 on April 20, 2016, 07:45:45 am
Great win. Very good performance. It was nice to see some of the younger guys come up big when we needed them. Maybe this is what Spanberger needed to get to where we expected him to be. Bonfield, Spanberger, and Bernal could be quite the trio in the middle of our lineup. I was so happy to see us move Shaddy to the OF like I have been screaming for months. Maybe it will take some pressure off him a the plate. Less likely to make a mistake in the OF, and then carry with him to his next at bat.

One of the announcers said almost exactly this last night.  Hopefully this game serves as a springboard to a hot finish for Spanberger.  He also said that Shaddy is a high motor guy and that it wears on him when he makes errors and affects him at the plate.  Hopefully the move to the OF will take some of that pressure off him.  That was a fun game to watch.  It reminded me of classic Razorback baseball.  Solid pitching with good defense behind it and a nice combination of the long ball and creating runs with small ball.  Hopefully this gives the guys some confidence going forward.

jry04

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 20, 2016, 08:34:51 am
One of the announcers said almost exactly this last night.  Hopefully this game serves as a springboard to a hot finish for Spanberger.  He also said that Shaddy is a high motor guy and that it wears on him when he makes errors and affects him at the plate.  Hopefully the move to the OF will take some of that pressure off him.  That was a fun game to watch.  It reminded me of classic Razorback baseball.  Solid pitching with good defense behind it and a nice combination of the long ball and creating runs with small ball.  Hopefully this gives the guys some confidence going forward.
Regardless of what happens this year, I am excited about Knight and Campbell. Those two are going to be really good, in my opinion. I honestly wouldn't mind giving Knight a shot to start again. He did well against Houston earlier in the year, and every time we have called on him in the last 2 or 3 weeks he has been huge. Campbell followed up his great outing against Florida with another last night.