Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comments from DVH

Started by WilsonHog, April 17, 2016, 10:21:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/jackson-throws-strong-game-hogs-cant-top-florida/

If you have 8:00, watch the video of his press conference after the game.

No panic; just keep working. What is seen on that video is leadership.

azhog10

April 17, 2016, 10:37:27 am #1 Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:11:30 am by azhog10
Quote from: WilsonHog on April 17, 2016, 10:21:11 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/jackson-throws-strong-game-hogs-cant-top-florida/

If you have 8:00, watch the video of his press conference after the game.

No panic; just keep working. What is seen on that video is leadership.
I like the calm demeanor. Of course other coaches in other sports would be characterized as "lacking fire" if they were to talk like this. As a matter of fact some have and get ridiculed for it, ironically by those saying this is how one should be.

EDIT: I am not saying that you Wilson have said this about other coaches. But there are many that post in this forum as well as others that have.

Dr. Starcs

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

westside_player

He's been so good for so long I'm sure it's a bit of a relief to have a season like this where he can relax now and not worry about the stress of the post-season. I know that sounds odd but it's not like he's on the hot seat.

code red

He has done more with less for sure.  Regardless of the outcome of this season....the Hogs will be back to prominence under DVH.

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogs-n-Roses

He deserves a raise.Every year to the top money paid in college ball. There s no better coach in the game period.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: westside_player on April 17, 2016, 10:34:40 pm
He's been so good for so long I'm sure it's a bit of a relief to have a season like this where he can relax now and not worry about the stress of the post-season. I know that sounds odd but it's not like he's on the hot seat.
I'm not so sure DVH would feel this way.  I'm not saying your statement isn't correct in a lot of situations, but I feel like DVH would much rather be stressing about being in the post-season than stressing about how he is going to fix this mess.  He is still way too animated in the dugout for me to consider this as a relief for him.

JackMcQueen

The amount of consecutive post season appearances here is impressive, but that streak would have to come to an end at some point.

This season has been frustrating, and a little baffling. We have the pitchers that could lead us to the post season, but there has to be a big mental issue going on.
Playing the 'what if' card, you sometimes can't help but think what would this season be like if we had a pitcher like Killian back for the season, or Benintendi, Spoon, & Wernes.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

TNhawgfan

No coach worth his salt ever wants to be left out of the post season, and as great and competitive as DVH is, it must be killing him his team is on the outside looking in
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

elksnort

Quote from: code red on April 19, 2016, 01:13:45 pm
He has done more with less for sure.  Regardless of the outcome of this season....the Hogs will be back to prominence under DVH.

Interesting, I saw I stat yesterday that indicated that Arkansas is 3rd in (NCAA or SEC) in players being drafted the last several years.

Good coaches get good talent.

3kgthog

Lately we've made Omaha once every 3 seasons. It was time for a letdown after another run. Granted, no one expected a letdown this big. I can't recall pitching this bad since DVH took over. Our guys are throwing beach balls.

We all know DVH will find homes for those not cutting the mustard and then we'll try again next season.