Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 35 THREAD: ARKANSAS (21-13, 4-9 SEC) vs #2 FLORIDA (31-5, 9-4 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 15, 2016, 02:44:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Quote from: Maddhog on April 15, 2016, 09:24:41 pm
I will take this opportunity to say that, no matter what the record is this year, DVH deserves a season like this without fans turning on him.   I haven't understood every move but I absolutely acknowledge that he has forgotten more than I will ever know about the game of baseball.  I was a fan when Norm was coach but DVH took the program to another level.   I will defend him all day, every day and I have every confidence he will get us competing at a high level again.

I agree 1000%.  Even the best in the Majors have a season where nothing goes right, have all kinds of bad luck and its one of those years.  I have questioned some DVH'S moves this year but who hasnt.  If someone ran him off, there would be all kinds of private jets lined up to take him to any school he wanted to go to.  I totally give him a pass this year.  I think our other sports would love to be in postseason 13 years in a row and hey, who knows, I have seen strange things happen and teams get hot in conference tournaments.

trippigs

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 15, 2016, 09:41:23 pm
Had the SEC granted my request to start the game in the 7th inning, we would be leading.
Well, crap on them :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

8                   Top 9th                              2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
FLA          1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 0 |    |     |  8  | 12 | 0  | 9     
ARK         0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 |    |     |  2  |  9  | 2  | 7     

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

9                   Bot 9th                              2

FLA          1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 |     |  9  | 13 | 0  | 9     
ARK         0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 |    |     |  2  |  9  | 2  | 7     

JHicks3636

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

9                   FINAL                              2

FLA          1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 1 |     |  9  | 13 | 0  | 9     
ARK         0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |     |  2  |  9  | 2  | 7     

Razorbacks#1

Thanks JHicks and ARKANSAS for hanging in there. Another awesome thread. Maybe we can take one tomorrow. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Maddhog

Thank you, guys, for the thread.   It can't be easy to do these games but that's why you get paid so well for it.  :)

#WPS4EVER

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks JHicks3636 and Raz#1 and Wilson. Way to hang in there. Tough game and night. Better day tomorrow at 2:05pm

JHicks3636

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 15, 2016, 10:02:58 pm
Thanks JHicks and ARKANSAS for hanging in there. Another awesome thread. Maybe we can take one tomorrow. Go HOGS!

Thanks to you as well. I just can't seem to call an SEC winner.

Maddhog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 15, 2016, 10:02:58 pm

Your lips to God's ears.   We need something positive, our kids are hurting and our coach has a pitifully stressed out look about him.  #GOHOGSGO

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 15, 2016, 10:05:59 pm
Thanks to you as well. I just can't seem to call an SEC winner.
Tomorrow is another day, and tomorrow brings another opportunity.

Keeping the Faith! Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Maddhog on April 15, 2016, 10:07:23 pm
Your lips to God's ears.   We need something positive, our kids are hurting and our coach has a pitifully stressed out look about him.  #GOHOGSGO
Nobody wants to win more than him.

hoglady

It's baseball - everything can turn on a dime.
I am keeping the faith that this team can turn it around.
New game - new day.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lc480

We need some players, what happen to that to that coach who replaced Butler, that was suppose to be a recruiting god that everyone on Hogville was bragging about?
I don't see that much talent on this team. It is all the coaches fault but at the end of the day it falls to the head coach and right now He is not getting it done. It no wonder he is stressed  out, he knows the buck stops with him.