Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice for getting items to sign

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, April 07, 2016, 09:17:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question. I live 30 minutes from Salem and our boys Andrew Benintendi and Jalen Beeks just got called up to the Salem Red Sox team in which I'm ecstatic about (and I married into a Red Sox family so they're actually excited too).

Anyways, I'm going to see them play and wanted to get their autographs, but I wanted them on a baseball with a hog logo or something. Does anyone know where I could find something like this? Or truthfully, any other items that would be cool to get autographed.

Any advice would help. I've googled and amazoned and everything else and haven't had much luck. Thanks in advance!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

89ALUM

Green,

That's a great question.  I've got a bit of experience with this, since I went on my own Hog autograph adventure last year.

Balls with the Razorback logo are hard to locate.  I would recommend a Razorback baseball hat, maybe use a dark blue or silver Sharpie to make it stand out.  Also you might hit google images, find a photo of Benny and Jalen in Razorback uniforms, and get the photo printed at a photo center like WalMart or Walgreens, something Hi-Res on nice paper.  Signed photos like that are easily collectible and also nice to display in your man cave.

I've discovered that ex-Razorbacks are almost always eager to sign for a Hog fan.  I got both DJ Baxendale and Brian Anderson to sign a hat last summer when I saw them in separate minor league games.  I also got Dallas Keuchel to sign two hats and a Razorback jersey at a Rays game when I called the Hogs during warmups, and Logan Forsythe stopped by after the game and signed the same hat Dallas had signed.  I found that it's a nice icebreaker, and both players were interested in briefly talking Hog baseball while they were signing.  Dallas in particular was very gracious and praised DVH and Coach Jorn while he was signing my items.

This summer my goal is to get James McCann and Dominic Ficociello to autograph some Tigers and Hog stuff, since they are both in the Detroit system.

A word of advice - guys often won't sign on the days they pitch.  So try to get Jalen on an off day or head over to the bullpen if he's in between starts, you'll have better luck.

Good luck with your quest.  I hope you get both guys and -- Go Hogs!
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

greenEGnHAWGS

Wow 89, great advice. Thank you! I didn't even think about that about the pitchers. Now, with your experience, are they usually willing to take pictures with you? I've got a 4 year old boy who is just getting into baseball and it would be awesome if I could get a picture of us with Benny next to his autographed hat/baseball.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Excellent call too, Razorback#1. A helmet would be great too. Thx man!

89ALUM

Absolutely.  Both DJ and Brian posed for pictures.  See below.  Dallas and Logan couldn't for obvious reasons, and you can't really get on the field in the majors due to security issues.

I'm pretty sure Benny will pose with your son if you ask politely.  In fact, it wouldn't hurt to check with the team to see if they have specific procedures regarding the best times/locations to ask for autographs.  In A and AA ball, things are often pretty informal.  You just need to have patience and stay close to the dugout before and after the game.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 89ALUM on April 08, 2016, 03:35:16 pm
Absolutely.  Both DJ and Brian posed for pictures.  See below.  Dallas and Logan couldn't for obvious reasons, and you can't really get on the field in the majors due to security issues.

I'm pretty sure Benny will pose with your son if you ask politely.  In fact, it wouldn't hurt to check with the team to see if they have specific procedures regarding the best times/locations to ask for autographs.  In A and AA ball, things are often pretty informal.  You just need to have patience and stay close to the dugout before and after the game.

That's awesome. I really appreciate the advice. This is my first autograph "hunt" and my brother in law is excited too cuz he's a life long Red Sox fan and I'm creeping into his territory of excitement. So it should be a fun trip...I'm just grateful he got called up to Salem (45 minutes) cuz I was going to drive to Greenville, NC (6 hours) just to meet him before he hits the bigs.

ARPujolsFan

They have baseballs at the hog team store here with razorback logo on them. I'm going over next Friday if you'd like me to pick you any up just let me know. I think they are like $6 each