Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RPI

Started by HogNDas, April 06, 2016, 10:45:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNDas

129!   are you kidding me!   There is NO WAY this is accurate!  O-Piss is 7....when we go on the road and whoop some &$$, we'll be back where we belong.  I can't believe this!

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 10:45:57 am
129!   are you kidding me!   There is NO WAY this is accurate!  O-Piss is 7....when we go on the road and whoop some &$$, we'll be back where we belong.  I can't believe this!

Have you looked at our schedule, the schools we beat, what those schools have done, and who has beat us?

Kevin

do yourself a favor don't look at it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

Quote from: HogNDas on April 06, 2016, 10:45:57 am

A lot of the teams we played that were projected to be good haven't been. Our saving grace is the teams we beat in Houston keep playing well. The good news is other than Memphis and ULM all of the teams we play from here on are top 60. Going 3-1 this weekend would jump us up 40+ spots in the RPI. We have 6 opponents left on our schedule who are top 25 in the RPI, and 3 of the series are v top 10 in Ole Miss, Florida, and A&M.

JackMcQueen

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too..

RPI games for the rest of the season *As of 4/6/16, 12:11pm

Opponent|RPI
at Memphis|224
at Ole Miss|6
v UL Monroe|129
Florida|1
Creighton|35
at Kentucky|22
Oklahoma St|18
Texas A&M|12
at Missouri St|83
at LSU|23
Alabama|71
Missouri St|83
Miss State|29
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

HogNDas

Quote from: JackMcQueen on April 06, 2016, 12:11:51 pm

Opponent|RPI
at Memphis|224
at Ole Miss|6
v UL Monroe|129
Florida|1
Creighton|35
at Kentucky|22
Oklahoma St|18
Texas A&M|12
at Missouri St|83
at LSU|23
Alabama|71
Missouri St|83
Miss State|29
GREAT post/info...YES, now all we gotta do is perform!....DVH will make it happen I am confident!!!

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: JackMcQueen on April 06, 2016, 12:11:51 pm

Opponent|RPI
at Memphis|224
at Ole Miss|6
v UL Monroe|129
Florida|1
Creighton|35
at Kentucky|22
Oklahoma St|18
Texas A&M|12
at Missouri St|83
at LSU|23
Alabama|71
Missouri St|83
Miss State|29
The Oklahoma St game was a big one.  We need to even that series out when they come to Fayetteville.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on April 06, 2016, 11:03:49 am
do yourself a favor don't look at it.

I've never understood how the Hogs start every season so low in the RPI, and most of the rest of the SEC starts so high - yes, we don't play only CWS teams in the OOC, but neither do the other teams...yet there they are, starting in the top 25 - staying in the top 25 after losses - while we languish at the start of the year at or below 100 and move erratically after wins and losses.

It's been explained ad nauseam on EI, but I guess I'll never understand the RPI formulary.

yraciv

Shouldn't have scheduled that many against rent a win SWAC teams.

code red

Gotta win.  Period.  Tomorrow is fairly crucial.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogman64

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 08, 2016, 06:07:15 pm
I've never understood how the Hogs start every season so low in the RPI, and most of the rest of the SEC starts so high - yes, we don't play only CWS teams in the OOC, but neither do the other teams…yet there they are, starting in the top 25 - staying in the top 25 after losses - while we languish at the start of the year at or below 100 and move erratically after wins and losses.

It's been explained ad nauseam on EI, but I guess I'll never understand the RPI formulary.

It is the same thing every year , how can we always be so far below other teams of our caliber in the SEC in RPI at this time of year, it is like we schedule to have as low of an RPI as possible....

tennesseehogwild

Boyds World: 112
NCAA: 113

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Of course we have to win, but our opponents have to win also. Seems like every year a big portion of out OOC opponents schedule way over their heads.

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 12, 2016, 12:02:52 am

Of course we have to win, but our opponents have to win also. Seems like every year a big portion of out OOC opponents schedule way over their heads.
Unfortunately some of them have to because they are in cold weather areas that cannot play home games until their conference play starts.

We do not look like a good team, but in the event they turn it around and start clicking, there are plenty of good RPI games out there for the taking. Take one from Florida and win the series against UK after beating Monroe, and suddenly our RPI is in the 60s/70s and we are back in the NCAAT picture. Definitely need a big turn around from the last two weekends for anything like that to happen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on April 12, 2016, 04:25:53 pm
Unfortunately some of them have to because they are in cold weather areas that cannot play home games until their conference play starts.

We do not look like a good team, but in the event they turn it around and start clicking, there are plenty of good RPI games out there for the taking. Take one from Florida and win the series against UK after beating Monroe, and suddenly our RPI is in the 60s/70s and we are back in the NCAAT picture. Definitely need a big turn around from the last two weekends for anything like that to happen.
I don't think I have ever disagreed with you on anything that has to do with the RPI, which is rare because it is easy to disagree with the next guy when it comes to RPI discussions.

JackMcQueen

Updated (to the date)..Our RPI sits at 115 after the win last night..

Florida|1
Creighton|24
at Kentucky|27
Oklahoma St|41
Texas A&M|10
at Missouri St|63
at LSU|21
Alabama|58
Missouri St|63
Miss State|15
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

tennesseehogwild

After the loss to Florida last night we fall to 120. How is that? We moved up after all 3 losses to Ole Miss last week. I guess it is because it was a home loss?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 15, 2016, 05:48:47 pm
After the loss to Florida last night we fall to 120. How is that? We moved up after all 3 losses to Ole Miss last week. I guess it is because it was a home loss?
Yes, home game is going to hurt, but to RPI #1, doesn't seem right.

tennesseehogwild

Boyds  has us at 117 down 2 spots....You are right losing to #1 and dropping just doesn't seem fight. I mean every team is below Florida.

tennesseehogwild

Hogs fall 3 more spots to 120 according to Boyds. Laughable we be La. Monroe, who was raked ahead of us, and drop. Lose to #1 Florida and drop also. I guess if we win out we could crack the top 100.. ;D

I don't believe its because we lost to Florida, its how we lost to Florida.  We never had any real chance of winning any of these games.  We got hammered in all three games at home.

tennesseehogwild

April 20, 2016, 09:04:06 pm #21 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:32:42 pm by tennesseehogwild
Boyd's: 110
D1 Baseball: 110
NCAA: 110

Georgia Bulldogs: 37 :o

jry04

Quote from: 12247 on April 17, 2016, 10:44:26 am
I don't believe its because we lost to Florida, its how we lost to Florida.  We never had any real chance of winning any of these games.  We got hammered in all three games at home.
Completely irrelevant to the computer formula...

DZ

maybe we should quit scheduling miss valley st. and east/west/north/south illinois

jry04

Quote from: DZ on April 21, 2016, 07:52:27 am
maybe we should quit scheduling miss valley st. and east/west/north/south illinois
Agreed, but hard not to. DVH has gone into detail about it numerous times.

XNA is one of the most difficult airports to get into, and one of the most expensive ones. It does not have a ton of flights going to and from it. We do not get many quality non-conference opponents who are willing to fly in to XNA early in the season when their program does not make money. The only teams who are willing to are the teams who play in cold weather and HAVE to travel south. We pay them to come here. Then you have the ORU, Missouri State, OK State type teams that are close enough to bus. The problem with playing them early in a non-conference series is that we wouldn't play them mid-week later in the year, so then who are we going to get to come in for a mid-week game? If you play Memphis, OK St, Missouri St for a series, then we are limited on who we can bring in for a mid-week in conference play. According to DVH, he would rather not play them, but it is hard for us to fill our schedule with enough non-conference games in Baum if we don't do it.

The RPI wouldn't be great, but would be much better had we just beat 200+ RPI EIU, and held on to our 4 run lead in the 7th against top 100 RPI Gonzaga. We would be sitting at 24-13 overall, and have a RPI in the 70-80 range.

code red

We need to score some tallies early and give our pitchers a chance to win.  I am sure they are pressing at this point.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bighog2255

Quote from: jry04 on April 21, 2016, 08:17:47 am
Agreed, but hard not to. DVH has gone into detail about it numerous times.

XNA is one of the most difficult airports to get into, and one of the most expensive ones. It does not have a ton of flights going to and from it. We do not get many quality non-conference opponents who are willing to fly in to XNA early in the season when their program does not make money. The only teams who are willing to are the teams who play in cold weather and HAVE to travel south. We pay them to come here. Then you have the ORU, Missouri State, OK State type teams that are close enough to bus. The problem with playing them early in a non-conference series is that we wouldn't play them mid-week later in the year, so then who are we going to get to come in for a mid-week game? If you play Memphis, OK St, Missouri St for a series, then we are limited on who we can bring in for a mid-week in conference play. According to DVH, he would rather not play them, but it is hard for us to fill our schedule with enough non-conference games in Baum if we don't do it.

I have heard that, and believe DVH is telling the truth. I will never understand why we don't play the other state universities, especially in baseball. They are better opponents than these crappy northern directional schools we bring in, and it would add some intrigue to February/March baseball games. What is the benefit of playing these bad northern teams? Are we afraid of assisting our in-state competition, as if they are a viable threat to our program?

We could play a 3 game series against all the other Arkansas Universities and maybe, low and behold, actually go to their site and play 3 maybe every third year.  Might do our players some good to just see where the real world plays baseball sometimes. 

tennesseehogwild

This year:

Little Rock: 121
Arkansas St.: 129
Cent. Ark: 161

Vandy plays all the small schools around them: MTSU, Belmont, Ausin Peay, Lipscomd, Tenn. St.  Doesn't hurt their RPI near as much as Grambling, E. Illinois,Etc hurts ours. They drop one or 2 games a year to these schools but it is really no big deal to them. They know you can't win them all.

jry04

Hogs were 79th in RPI thru 10 weeks last year. This is week 10 for us, and we sit at 112 with 3 games on the road v a top 25 opponent. Take 2 of 3 and we will be in the same spot we were in last year at this time, but with a better record and a tough schedule. We were 23-17 thru 10 weeks, with 7 top 50 wins, and 4 series v teams outside of the top 50 left on our schedule.

Win 2 of 3 this weekend and we will be 24-16, with a similar RPI, 5 top 50 wins, and 4 series v top 50 opponents left. Last year we played 20 top 50 opponents in the regular season, and won 10 of them. We played 10 200+ RPI teams.

This season, after this weekend, we will have played 17 top 50 teams already. As it stands now, we will play a total of 30 top 50 teams this regular season, and 13 200+ RPI teams. Last year we had 3 top 100 wins in the non-conference. This year, if we win out our non-con v OSU and Missouri State, we will have 7. Plenty of opportunity if we right the ship.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 10:50:28 am
Hogs were 79th in RPI thru 10 weeks last year. This is week 10 for us, and we sit at 112 with 3 games on the road v a top 25 opponent. Take 2 of 3 and we will be in the same spot we were in last year at this time, but with a better record and a tough schedule. We were 23-17 thru 10 weeks, with 7 top 50 wins, and 4 series v teams outside of the top 50 left on our schedule.

Win 2 of 3 this weekend and we will be 24-16, with a similar RPI, 5 top 50 wins, and 4 series v top 50 opponents left. Last year we played 20 top 50 opponents in the regular season, and won 10 of them. We played 10 200+ RPI teams.

This season, after this weekend, we will have played 17 top 50 teams already. As it stands now, we will play a total of 30 top 50 teams this regular season, and 13 200+ RPI teams. Last year we had 3 top 100 wins in the non-conference. This year, if we win out our non-con v OSU and Missouri State, we will have 7. Plenty of opportunity if we right the ship.
Or we can look at it this way. The simple way. Just win 2 out of 3 for the rest of the season.
                                                                                                                                                                 W  L
Record Now = 22-15,  games to go= 18, just win 12,  12 + 22 = 34 wins; lose 6,  6 + 15 = 21, Final Record = 34-21
SEC Now = 4-11 ,  games to go = 15, just win 10,  10 + 4 = 14 wins;  lose 5, 5 + 11= 16, Final SEC Record = 14-16

According to Nolans, we play 1 team twice with RPI of 82 and  1 team 3 times with RPI of 47 and 1 team once with RPI of 26, and the rest of the teams are below RPI of 17.

With that type record and RPI we will be watching every other team in the country to see how they are doing so we can guess if we are in or out of the NCAAT and where we are seeded in the SECT.

Kevin

It is really down to one thing: WIN!!!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 22, 2016, 12:04:39 pm
Or we can look at it this way. The simple way. Just win 2 out of 3 for the rest of the season.
                                                                                                                                                                 W  L
Record Now = 22-15,  games to go= 18, just win 12,  12 + 22 = 34 wins; lose 6,  6 + 15 = 21, Final Record = 34-21
SEC Now = 4-11 ,  games to go = 15, just win 10,  10 + 4 = 14 wins;  lose 5, 5 + 11= 16, Final SEC Record = 14-16

According to Nolans, we play 1 team twice with RPI of 82 and  1 team 3 times with RPI of 47 and 1 team once with RPI of 26, and the rest of the teams are below RPI of 17.

With that type record and RPI we will be watching every other team in the country to see how they are doing so we can guess if we are in or out of the NCAAT and where we are seeded in the SECT.

14-16 would get us in without a doubt, in my opinion. We would have a top 50 RPI and too many top 50 wins not to get an at-large. Anything less than that and it gets shaky. I think 12 is the minimum to make it, but I do think we would make it. All of that being under the assumption we win our 3 non-conference games.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 12:33:38 pm
14-16 would get us in without a doubt, in my opinion. We would have a top 50 RPI and too many top 50 wins not to get an at-large. Anything less than that and it gets shaky. I think 12 is the minimum to make it, but I do think we would make it. All of that being under the assumption we win our 3 non-conference games.
I agree with most of this. I think we can get in with a top 60 RPI. (I think that changed to top 63 or 64 RPI last year). If we are going to have a top 50 or 60 RPI, I think we will need more than 12 SEC wins, like 13 or 14. We need the 3 OOC wins also.

We have to look at the other SEC teams for the NCAAT invitation. Ask ourselves how many other SEC teams are going to get in and if we reach all of our other goals listed above, are we going to finish high enough to beat out teams from our own conference. The NCAA is not going to take 14 SEC teams, obviously. So how many do they take this year and where do we fit in against our own conference teams?

SEC Conference Rank:
RPI    NPI    ELO
1        1       1

SEC Non-Conference
Record       Win %
244-70      0.7771

bighog2255

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 12:33:38 pm

I think saying 12 or 13 wins would put us in a pipe dream. Pretty sure no SEC team has ever got in with 12 SEC wins, and I think Auburn was the first team to ever get in with 13 wins last year (and they had an RPI of 26).

Last year's SEC bubble teams:

Ole Miss 15-14 RPI 39 - IN
Mizzu     15-15 RPI 56 - OUT
UK         14-15 RPI 60 - OUT
AUB       13-17 RPI 26 - IN
SC         13-17 RPI 64 - OUT
BAMA     12-18 RPI 45 - OUT

You also need to take into consideration that the West is weaker than the East to this point, which hasn't been the case recently.

I think we need to get at least 14 games to get in, maybe 13 if we sweep the non-conference. 15 gets us in for sure IMO.

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 22, 2016, 01:00:36 pm
I agree with most of this. I think we can get in with a top 60 RPI. (I think that changed to top 63 or 64 RPI last year). If we are going to have a top 50 or 60 RPI, I think we will need more than 12 SEC wins, like 13 or 14. We need the 3 OOC wins also.

We have to look at the other SEC teams for the NCAAT invitation. Ask ourselves how many other SEC teams are going to get in and if we reach all of our other goals listed above, are we going to finish high enough to beat out teams from our own conference. The NCAA is not going to take 14 SEC teams, obviously. So how many do they take this year and where do we fit in against our own conference teams?

SEC Conference Rank:
RPI    NPI    ELO
1        1       1

SEC Non-Conference
Record       Win %
244-70      0.7771

I think they take 9, possibly 10. MSU, LSU, Florida, USC, Vandy, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M are probably all locks. UK looks like they will likely be in, but our series with them and Alabama could go a long way towards the last 1 or 2 spots in the NCAAT. I honestly think if we get to 12-13 wins, then our series with Alabama could be the deciding factor in who takes the last spot. Last year 7 teams made it in, but it was because teams like Mizzou and UK were only a couple of games above .500 overall, and did poor in non-conference. They did not have many top 50 wins, and struggled outside of the conference. Auburn did well in non-conference (21-5), but went 13-17 in conference play and made it into the NCAAT. In 2014 they took 10, and 2013 they took 9. By the numbers, this is one of the deepest years in SEC baseball, so I think it gives a lot of teams like Arkansas a chance over some of the other conferences. The Big 12 looks like they will get at most 3 teams in, and the Pac 12 only has 2 locks in their conference. They will probably get a few undeserving teams in because the west coast will need teams to fill regionals, but that is a weak conference. Utah is tied for first in the Pac 12 at 8-5, but they are 13-21 overall. They have to have a record over .500 in order to be eligible without winning their tournament. Their #4 team is 19-12 with a 60 overall RPI.

Obviously this would all be irrelevant if we lose this series. Hopefully we can continue this discussion each week, because if we aren't it likely means we keep losing.

jry04

April 22, 2016, 02:36:54 pm #36 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:47:01 pm by jry04
Quote from: bighog2255 on April 22, 2016, 02:25:40 pm
I think saying 12 or 13 wins would put us in a pipe dream. Pretty sure no SEC team has ever got in with 12 SEC wins, and I think Auburn was the first team to ever get in with 13 wins last year (and they had an RPI of 26).

Last year's SEC bubble teams:

Ole Miss 15-14 RPI 39 - IN
Mizzu     15-15 RPI 56 - OUT
UK         14-15 RPI 60 - OUT
AUB       13-17 RPI 26 - IN
SC         13-17 RPI 64 - OUT
BAMA     12-18 RPI 45 - OUT

You also need to take into consideration that the West is weaker than the East to this point, which hasn't been the case recently.

I think we need to get at least 14 games to get in, maybe 13 if we sweep the non-conference. 15 gets us in for sure IMO.
That doesn't even begin to evaluate their resumes, though.

Mizzou had 7 total wins v the top 50 last year, and finished 28-27 and went 13-11 in non-conference. The SEC was also much weaker last year. We have 8 teams alone in the top 25 RPI this season, 5 being top 10. We had 4 in the top 25 entering the post season last year.

UK had 7 total wins v the top 50 last year, finished 30-25, and went 16-9 v Non-conference. They had 1 top 100 non-conference win.

SC had 8 top 50 wins, 19-7 non-conference, 32-25 overall, went 0-1 in the SECT. They had 4 top 100 non-conference wins.

Again, I am saying we have a chance to get in with 12 wins with a sweep of our remaining non-conference and not going winless in SECT play. Tall task, but still doable. In this hypothetical situation, we would be:
21-4 in non-conference, with 7 wins over top 100 teams. We would have a total of 12 top 50 RPI wins, and a RPI in the 50-60s range. Throw in 1 SECT win, even if we go 1-2, and we are looking at an overall record of 34-24.

Better overall record, more top 50 wins, better non-con record with more non-con top 100 wins, in a MUCH deeper SEC than any of the teams you listed. We would have a win over a potential national seed in non-conference play (TT). That is something nobody on that list could say. The resume isn't great, but not all sub 50 RPI resume's are created equal. We would have a better resume in this situation over every team you listed that missed. The SEC is not getting any fewer than 8 teams in this year, but I think 9 is more likely depending on how Bama and Ark finish.  Alabama still has A&M, MSU, SC, and @ Arkansas on their schedule. If they lose 3 of those 4, with one being to us, there is a good chance we jump them, even if they are 1 or 2 games ahead of us in the standings. Could mean we both miss, but could mean we sneak in. 14 wins is a benchmark based on previous years, but the SEC won't dismiss us because of that. This is the one time where the name Arkansas may give us the benefit of the doubt if we close strong.

bighog2255

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 02:36:54 pm

Again, I am saying we have a chance to get in with 12 wins with a sweep of our remaining non-conference and not going winless in SECT play. Tall task, but still doable. In this hypothetical situation, we would be:
21-4 in non-conference, with 7 wins over top 100 teams. We would have a total of 12 top 50 RPI wins, and a RPI in the 50-60s range. Throw in 1 SECT win, even if we go 1-2, and we are looking at an overall record of 34-24.

Again, find me a team with a 12 SEC wins that got in. The tournament committee would get crushed for taking a team with that poor of a conference record (and reasonably so), and our non-conf resume would not be anything amazing, even if we win out. We still have home losses to Eastern Illinois, La Tech, and Gonzaga. Auburn got in at 13-17 because they had an RPI in the 20s. Nobody can figure out the RPI, but I'm 99% sure we would not have an RPI in the 20s if we finished with 12 SEC wins.

Agree to disagree, but I think 13 is the minimum to sniff a bid

jry04

Quote from: bighog2255 on April 22, 2016, 03:13:38 pm
Again, find me a team with a 12 SEC wins that got in. The tournament committee would get crushed for taking a team with that poor of a conference record (and reasonably so), and our non-conf resume would not be anything amazing, even if we win out. We still have home losses to Eastern Illinois, La Tech, and Gonzaga. Auburn got in at 13-17 because they had an RPI in the 20s. Nobody can figure out the RPI, but I'm 99% sure we would not have an RPI in the 20s if we finished with 12 SEC wins.

Agree to disagree, but I think 13 is the minimum to sniff a bid
Plenty of people can figure out the RPI, but you are correct we wouldn't be in the 20s. We would be in the 50-60 range entering the SECT. RPI is but 1 part of the formula. Many other things factor into the resume. Also, as I said multiple times, the SEC this year is not like previous years. We have 8 teams in the top 25 RPI, 6 being in the top 12. The SEC last year was the #1 conference in the country, but was probably the weakest the SEC had been in 5+ years top to bottom. A 12 win team in a conference with 4 top 25 teams is not the same as a 12 win team with 8 top 25 teams. Again, we would have to win a game in the SECT for me to think we have a chance. I never said we would definitely be in, I just think 12 would give us a shot. I cannot find you a 12 win team, because it hasn't happened. A&M made it in 2013 with 13 wins. The committee always tries to have 8-9 teams in the NCAAT if they can, assuming the lower teams in the SEC do well in non-conference. A&M won 13 in 2013, but had a good non-conference record. Same with Auburn last year. The SEC being as good as ever could be our saving grace if we get in the conversation considering we have wins over potential regional host teams like Rice and Texas Tech out of conference.

LT and Gonzaga are RPI top 100 teams that were midweek games. Most mid-week losses v top 100 teams aren't really taken into consideration because they do not really hurt your RPI, and are usually against weekend pitchers. EIU is our ONLY bad loss so far. Like you said, we can agree to disagree. Most of this would depend on how other bubble teams do, too. If Alabama keeps winning then we are probably left behind. Lose this weekend and all of this was a waste of time on my part anyways, because we will not recover from a series loss @ UK. We can keep discussing the post season if we win, but put a nail in our coffin if we lose.

jry04

Hogs fell to 114 as games went final around the country before our game went final. We are now #97 with a 98 SOS, up from 120 SOS. Win 1 more this weekend and we will end the weekend in the 80s.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 09:22:49 pm
Hogs fell to 114 as games went final around the country before our game went final. We are now #97 with a 98 SOS, up from 120 SOS. Win 1 more this weekend and we will end the weekend in the 80s.

One game at a time...Stranger things have happened! No reason to doubt the Piglets!

YtownHog

What a game.  Can't believe we held on.  If we win game 1 tomorrow, watch out!

DiamondHogFan

Does your coach/history play a part in the overall evaluations?  I mean, I'm sure the committee would say no...but a DVH Arkansas team can be appealing if we are on the bubble. 

jry04

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 22, 2016, 09:36:59 pm
Does your coach/history play a part in the overall evaluations?  I mean, I'm sure the committee would say no...but a DVH Arkansas team can be appealing if we are on the bubble. 
I definitely think it would if we are in the bubble discussion.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2016, 09:22:49 pm
THAT is what we are talking about.

PorkRyan

up to 88 on Warren Nolan and 90 SOS. 

PigWig

It's going to be a tall test, but another 3-1 week would get the RPI back into the tournament range I imagine. 

jry04

Quote from: PigWig on April 25, 2016, 09:01:58 am
It's going to be a tall test, but another 3-1 week would get the RPI back into the tournament range I imagine. 
Even 2-2 against 3 top 25 RPI teams would be huge. It would probably bump us up into the low 70s.

bighog2255

Quote from: PigWig on April 25, 2016, 09:01:58 am

We needed 3-1 last week, and we got it. Need 3-1 again, before 4 road games next week. IMO, need to go 10-5 these last 15 games to think about the tournament.

Kevin

8-4 in league play needed