Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Recruiting and Beyond

Started by ucahogfan, June 28, 2015, 07:35:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogluvin

April 26, 2016, 08:15:42 pm #150 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:32:38 am by Hogluvin
its gonna be a crap shoot getting Evan Lee from Bryant to campus. He has a lot of interest from the big boys.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgcraZ

Ditto.  We need a full court press on getting this class o campus.  Any Intel starting to leak out about dollar amounts our top end guys are looking for?

Scott7703

Quote from: Kevin on May 08, 2016, 12:15:46 am
Ready for some new faces

If the faces we have become more consistent we should be ok. Inconsistentcy has been the problem in my opinion. Now on to the signing class......

This class has a chance to be torn apart by the draft so I'm trying not to get overly excited just yet. If we get a large number of them to campus I could see 3-4 freshman starting in the field and a couple young pitchers playing major roles.

hawgcraZ

MLB pipeline was discussing Ben Rortvedlt as the first high school catcher taken today.  Will be tough with him.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: hawgcraZ on May 13, 2016, 09:51:23 pm
MLB pipeline was discussing Ben Rortvedlt as the first high school catcher taken today.  Will be tough with him.
I can't remember exactly where Keith Law had him around 45 in his top 100.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

MemphisBossHog

I must admit that when I try to read about all the recruits and try to figure out if they might not make it to campus and go pro and all of that, my eyes kind of glaze over and I have no idea how to interpret the info.

For a layman like me, could someone say if "help is on the way" in the form of stud recruits?  In another thread a while back, someone told me that DVH had a stud recruiting class a couple of years ago all lined up and the majors ravaged it and took the big time talent and the Hogs were left with a void in the talent pipeline--hence what we are seeing this season.  I know that might be simplifying it too much, but I get the point.
So, has DVH and his staff gone out and gotten more talent to commit?  Should the layman Hog baseball fan have reason to feel good about the future?  Very good?  just fair?  Just trying to get a handle on if there is reason to be hopeful about the near future and the incoming talent.

ricepig

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on May 14, 2016, 09:28:25 am
I must admit that when I try to read about all the recruits and try to figure out if they might not make it to campus and go pro and all of that, my eyes kind of glaze over and I have no idea how to interpret the info.

For a layman like me, could someone say if "help is on the way" in the form of stud recruits?  In another thread a while back, someone told me that DVH had a stud recruiting class a couple of years ago all lined up and the majors ravaged it and took the big time talent and the Hogs were left with a void in the talent pipeline--hence what we are seeing this season.  I know that might be simplifying it too much, but I get the point.
So, has DVH and his staff gone out and gotten more talent to commit?  Should the layman Hog baseball fan have reason to feel good about the future?  Very good?  just fair?  Just trying to get a handle on if there is reason to be hopeful about the near future and the incoming talent.

If this group makes it to campus, then yes, it should bode well for the future. It seems it a fine line between the draft decimating your class, and them talking nobody, haha. Like making the CWS one year, and staying home from the conference tournament the next, it's minute in the differences.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 14, 2016, 10:12:19 am
If this group makes it to campus, then yes, it should bode well for the future. It seems it a fine line between the draft decimating your class, and them talking nobody, haha. Like making the CWS one year, and staying home from the conference tournament the next, it's minute in the differences.
definitely seems that way--a very fine line.  ucahogfan once explained to me how Vandy being a private university could maneuver their money around and it helped them recruit, but other teams have to walk that fine line as well like FLA or T A$M but somehow they maintain talent.  I hope DVH can get these guys to campus and get our talent level back up closer to where it needs to be.

Thanks for the info ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on May 14, 2016, 10:16:33 am
definitely seems that way--a very fine line.  ucahogfan once explained to me how Vandy being a private university could maneuver their money around and it helped them recruit, but other teams have to walk that fine line as well like FLA or T A$M but somehow they maintain talent.  I hope DVH can get these guys to campus and get our talent level back up closer to where it needs to be.

At Vandy, everyone that is eligible for need based scholarship help is able to get the help, however, not everyone who plays there gets it. They'll have parents who's income makes them ineligible for it. The lottery scholarships have helped us some, in that we basically can use some money for out of state guys that we previously used on in-state players. It's a juggle, especially when you have draft eligible guys that are Jr's and Sr's come back, and have signed a large incoming class.

JHicks3636

The scholarship limit in baseball is ridiculous. It leads to the abuse of need based and scholastic scholarships. Just raise the baseball schollies to somewhere around 18.

ucahogfan

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on May 14, 2016, 10:16:33 am

Florida and Texas A&M also don't have to ever leave their state to recruit.  Texas A&M has 4 out-of-state players on their roster while Florida has five out-of-state players.  That is a massive built-in recruiting advantage.

Meanwhile, our recruiting class has signees from the following states:

Arkansas
Kansas
Texas
Illinois
Florida
California
Tennessee
Missouri
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Louisiana
Oklahoma

Our coaches have to go from coast to coast in order to build rosters which can compete with schools like A&M and Florida who rarely leave the state to recruit.  It is also the reason why it is crucial for us to have an elite recruiter like Vitello on staff who enjoys the grind of recruiting.

jry04

Quote from: hawgcraZ on May 13, 2016, 09:51:23 pm
I have seen various draft discussions that have both Rotvedlt and Stobbe going in the top 5 rounds. A few teams sites previewing the draft have had Stobbe as a sleeper 1st round pick. Nobody saying he will go first, but that he is a possible candidate if other targets come off the board by their pick. I figure he will go in the 3-5rd range.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on May 14, 2016, 12:20:01 pm
I have seen various draft discussions that have both Rotvedlt and Stobbe going in the top 5 rounds. A few teams sites previewing the draft have had Stobbe as a sleeper 1st round pick. Nobody saying he will go first, but that he is a possible candidate if other targets come off the board by their pick. I figure he will go in the 3-5rd range.
It also depends on the number they give to teams.  While Stobbe and Rortvedt are both late 2nd / early 3rd type prospects right now, it all depends how signable they are.

Fletcher, McFarland, Heiss, and Benninghoff are also top 5 or so round talents IMO, but it all depends on the numbers they give teams.

jry04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 14, 2016, 12:25:21 pm
It also depends on the number they give to teams.  While Stobbe and Rortvedt are both late 2nd / early 3rd type prospects right now, it all depends how signable they are.

Fletcher, McFarland, Heiss, and Benninghoff are also top 5 or so round talents IMO, but it all depends on the numbers they give teams.
Benninghoff is definitely, but I think having his brother on campus definitely gives us an advantage. I have heard they want to play together in college, but I am sure it will be hard to turn down the money right out of high school.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on May 14, 2016, 01:06:25 pm
Benninghoff is definitely, but I think having his brother on campus definitely gives us an advantage. I have heard they want to play together in college, but I am sure it will be hard to turn down the money right out of high school.
I really hope we get Tyler to campus.  He could be a stud for us with a potential mid 90s fastball and a hammer of a breaking ball.

Speaking of Tyler Benninghoff, let's focus on just how important the KC area is for our program.

On our current team, Jack Benninghoff and Isaiah Campbell are both from the KC area.  In this upcoming class, we have Tyler Benninghoff, Lucas Krull, Blake Lillis (teammates with potential top 10 pick RHP Riley Pint) and Alex Ronnenbaum.  In 2017, we already have Zebulon Vermillion (teammates with potential 1st round pick LHP Joey Wentz).  In 2018, we have Christian Franklin (teammates with Tyler Benninghoff) and Liam Henry.

That is an area where we need to make sure their top talent winds up signing with Arkansas because we are pretty close.

ricepig

We need pitching, hopefully some of them can pitch.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ricepig on May 14, 2016, 08:02:47 pm
We need pitching, hopefully some of them can pitch.

Going to be interesting to see what the pitching situation looks like next year. We may not really have that many new faces, and that could be fine if guys pitch to their potential. We have several guys who could be good SEC starters, they just have to do it limiting walks and HRs

Hulio

That was Wallace who had Tommy John.

Hulio

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on March 07, 2016, 08:13:31 am
Lefty already has Tommy John I believe. I wonder if that deterred DVH

It wasn't the lefty who had Tommy John. I believe it was the Wallace kid.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 14, 2016, 02:43:13 pm
I really hope we get Tyler to campus.  He could be a stud for us with a potential mid 90s fastball and a hammer of a breaking ball.

Speaking of Tyler Benninghoff, let's focus on just how important the KC area is for our program.

On our current team, Jack Benninghoff and Isaiah Campbell are both from the KC area.  In this upcoming class, we have Tyler Benninghoff, Lucas Krull, Blake Lillis (teammates with potential top 10 pick RHP Riley Pint) and Alex Ronnenbaum.  In 2017, we already have Zebulon Vermillion (teammates with potential 1st round pick LHP Joey Wentz).  In 2018, we have Christian Franklin (teammates with Tyler Benninghoff) and Liam Henry.

That is an area where we need to make sure their top talent winds up signing with Arkansas because we are pretty close.
well uca, you have given me a synopsis before concerning the Diamond Hogs.  In your opinion, do you see "help" on the way for DVH?  Is the calvary coming?  Or is it too soon to know?  You know all the names of the recruits, who is also recruiting them and what their MLB  situation might be.  Does DVH and his elite recruiter Vitello have some elite talent on the way?  I know we used to get highly ranked classes.  I know MLB ravaged one of the recent classes and the studs didnt get to campus and that is a big reason why we see the talent gap between us and other programs.  Can Hog fans get excited about what is coming to Fayetteville?

PorkRyan

Looks like we have two good ones coming in from Bryant. Lee was MVP of state tourney going 3-3 with a bomb. Jackson didn't give up a run in his two starts in the tournament.

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 21, 2016, 09:51:17 am
Looks like we have two good ones coming in from Bryant. Lee was MVP of state tourney going 3-3 with a bomb. Jackson didn't give up a run in his two starts in the tournament.
Good to hear.  Do you have a scouting report on Jackson?  I know he was only up to about 88-90 last summer, but was still in recovery from TJ.

And do you think Lee can be a potential two-way player for the Hogs?  I know he has a lot of potential on the mound since he has been up to 92, but it sounds like he has excellent speed (clocked at around 6.7 at the ACG tryouts) and appears to be solid at the plate as well.

ucahogfan

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on May 20, 2016, 09:52:16 pm
well uca, you have given me a synopsis before concerning the Diamond Hogs.  In your opinion, do you see "help" on the way for DVH?  Is the calvary coming?  Or is it too soon to know?  You know all the names of the recruits, who is also recruiting them and what their MLB  situation might be.  Does DVH and his elite recruiter Vitello have some elite talent on the way?  I know we used to get highly ranked classes.  I know MLB ravaged one of the recent classes and the studs didnt get to campus and that is a big reason why we see the talent gap between us and other programs.  Can Hog fans get excited about what is coming to Fayetteville?
Well, we will know much more after the draft here in a couple of weeks, but this class has a chance to be as good as the 2010 class if not even better.  You can read my "Way Too Early" thread and that will give you a breakdown about most of the top of the class.

I think we can get excited about this class unless we lose like our top 10 recruits to the draft which would be devastating to this program.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Hulio on May 18, 2016, 02:12:38 pm
It wasn't the lefty who had Tommy John. I believe it was the Wallace kid.

Well the lefty has had some arm/back issues and missed some time on the mound. Hasn't exactly dominated like he should. Only went 3 innings in state tourney this year.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 21, 2016, 10:26:39 am
Well, we will know much more after the draft here in a couple of weeks, but this class has a chance to be as good as the 2010 class if not even better.  You can read my "Way Too Early" thread and that will give you a breakdown about most of the top of the class.

I think we can get excited about this class unless we lose like our top 10 recruits to the draft which would be devastating to this program.
thanks uca.  I did read your Way Too Early thread and I really hope DVH can get most of these guys to campus.  I dont know any of the names to know whether or not they are good recruits, but if you say the class has the potential to be like the 2010 class, then I say lets do it.  Appreciate the info uca.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

bulldog04

In Baseball Americas Best Tools article, Rortvedt has the 3rd best arm for HS catchers and is 2nd defensively. 

Wisco Pig

Here's an article on Rortvedt from today's State Journal in Madison.  No startling revelations, but a decent snapshot of where things stand with him:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/high-school/baseball/prep-baseball-verona-s-ben-rortvedt-set-for-an-early/article_ec1b2b01-7e27-5b9f-ac05-8363720a72fd.html

jry04

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 25, 2016, 08:51:37 pm
Here's an article on Rortvedt from today's State Journal in Madison.  No startling revelations, but a decent snapshot of where things stand with him:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/high-school/baseball/prep-baseball-verona-s-ben-rortvedt-set-for-an-early/article_ec1b2b01-7e27-5b9f-ac05-8363720a72fd.html
Sure hope he makes it to campus, but If he is drafted in the top 3 rounds it will be hard to keep him. Sounds like regardless, he will have sound advice since his uncle was a scout.

rhog1

Quote from: jry04 on May 26, 2016, 03:11:12 pm
Sure hope he makes it to campus, but If he is drafted in the top 3 rounds it will be hard to keep him. Sounds like regardless, he will have sound advice since his uncle was a scout.
It doesn't really sound like we are going to get him here from that article. But we can always hope.

ucahogfan

2016 Commitments
1.  Tyler Benninghoff - 6-4, 180, RHP, 74, 10, Kansas (HS in Missouri)
2.  Sammy Blair - 5-9, 165, OF, 392, N/A, Texas
3.  Matt Burch - 5-9, 155, SS, 500, N/A, Illinois
4.  Matt Cronin - 5-11, 170, LHP, 166, 9.5, Florida
5.  Angus Denton - 6-0, 165, RHP, Top 1000, N/A, Arkansas
6.  Dominic Fletcher - 5-9, 180, OF, 68, 10, California
7.  Brenden Heiss - 6-1, 210, RHP, 138, 10, Illinois
8.  Jack Kenley - 6-0, 170, SS, 500, 9, Tennessee
9.  Jacob Kostyshock - 6-4, 160, RHP, 500, N/A, Missouri
10.  Lucas Krull - 6-6, 200, LHP, 258, N/A, Kansas
11.  Evan Lee - 6-0, 160, LHP, 417, N/A, Arkansas
12.  Blake Lillis - 6-3, 175, LHP, 500, N/A, Kansas
13.  Jordan McFarland - 6-4, 220, OF, 91, 10, Illinois
14.  Ben Rortvedt - 5-10, 185, NR, 20, 10, Wisconsin
15.  Cole Stobbe - 6-1, 180, SS, 19, 10, Nebraska
16.  Jaxon Williams - 5-7, 155, SS, 214, N/A, Texas
17.  Zach Jackson - 6-0, 225, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
18.  Dylan Thompson - 6-3, 180, LHP, 500, N/A, Arkansas
19.  Ben Bailey - 6-0, 185, C, 500, N/A, Arkansas
20.  Harrison Heffley - 6-3, ?, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
21.  Jackson Rutledge - 6-4, 180, LHP, Top 1000, N/A, Louisiana
22.  Hunter Wilson - 5-11, 165, SS, NR, 7.5, Oklahoma (SO JUCO in Oklahoma)
23.  Jared Gates - 6-1, 180, SS, NR, N/A, Kansas (SO JUCO in Iowa)
24.  Alex Ronnenbaum - 6-4, 170, SS, Top 1000, N/A, Kansas

2017 Commitments
1.  Kole Ramage - 5-11, 175, RHP, 500, 9, Texas
2.  Cole Turney - 6-0, 175, OF, 3, 10, Texas
3.  Evan Hooper - 6-0, 180, OF, 158, 9.5, Arkansas
4.  Canaan Smith - 5-10, 200, C, 425, N/A, Texas
5.  Jacob Nesbitt - 6-0, 165, SS, 220, N/A, Texas
6.  Austin Kelly - 6-1, 195, RHP, 500, N/A, Arkansas
7.  Casey Martin - 5-10, 160, SS, 500, N/A, Arkansas
8.  Easton Murrell - 6-0, 190, SS, 500, N/A, Texas
9.  Heston Kjerstad - 6-2, 170, SS, 500, 8, Texas
10.  Zebulon Vermillion - 6-5, 175, RHP, 288, N/A, Kansas
11.  Bryce Bonnin - 6-0, 190, SS, NR, N/A, Texas
12.  Chad Cwik - 6-2, 160, LHP, NR, N/A, Illinois
13.  Brady Disher - 6-1, 185, 1B, NR, N/A, Texas
14.  Trey Ziegenbein - 6-3, 155, RHP, NR, N/A, Missouri

2018 Commitments
1.  Liam Henry - 6-1, 160, OF/LHP, 316, N/A, Missouri
2.  Christian Franklin - 5-11, 165, OF, 345, N/A, Kansas
3.  Evan Hiatt - 6-1, 195, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
4.  Caden Monke - 6-1, 150, LHP, NR, N/A, Illinois

2019 Commitments
1.  Nate Stevens - 5-11, 160, C, NR, N/A, Wisconsin
2.  Dominic Tamez - 5-10, 185, C, 31, 9, Colorado

ucahogfan

2016 State-by-State Breakdown
Kansas - 5 (2 LHP, 1 RHP, 2 SS)
Illinois - 3 (1 RHP, 1 SS, 1 OF)
Arkansas - 6 (3 LHP, 2 RHP, 1 C)
Texas - 2 (1 SS, 1 OF)
California - 1 (1 OF)
Florida - 1 (1 LHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 RHP)
Nebraska - 1 (1 SS)
Tennessee - 1 (1 SS)
Wisconsin - 1 (1 C)
Louisiana - 1 (1 LHP)
Oklahoma - 1 (1 SS)

2017 State-by-State Breakdown
Texas - 8 (1 RHP, 1 OF, 1 C, 4 SS, 1 1B)
Arkansas - 3 (1 OF, 1 SS, 1 RHP)
Kansas - 1 (1 RHP)
Illinois - 1 (1 LHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 RHP)

2018 State-by-State Breakdown
Missouri - 1 (1 OF/LHP)
Kansas - 1 (1 OF)
Arkansas - 1 (1 LHP)
Illinois - 1 (1 LHP)

2019 State-by-State Breakdown
Wisconsin - 1 (1 C)
Colorado - 1 (1 C)

PorkRyan

When did Tamez commit?  He was the PG 14u player of the year last year.  Stevens probably projects elsewhere besides C, but Tamez could play C/3B/OF.  Both can swing the crap out of it. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 29, 2016, 11:49:49 pm
When did Tamez commit?  He was the PG 14u player of the year last year.  Stevens probably projects elsewhere besides C, but Tamez could play C/3B/OF.  Both can swing the crap out of it.
About a week ago.  I think you have to keep him behind the plate because he was popping 1.91 as a 14 year old.  It is easy to see him popping in the high 1.7s - low 1.8s as he gets older.  I don't know much about Stevens, but you are right, one of them are going to have to move from behind the plate if they both make it to campus.

PorkRyan

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 30, 2016, 09:03:52 am
About a week ago.  I think you have to keep him behind the plate because he was popping 1.91 as a 14 year old.  It is easy to see him popping in the high 1.7s - low 1.8s as he gets older.  I don't know much about Stevens, but you are right, one of them are going to have to move from behind the plate if they both make it to campus.

With Stevens it is all about his bat.  One of the prettiest LH swings you will see and the ball jumps off his bat.  We are definitely recruiting the right kids.   

PorkRyan

Jaden Hill of Ashdown hit 92 this weekend. He is quickly becoming the top in state player in the 2018 class.  Could also play 3rd base as he has a big bat.  Arkansas offered a few weeks ago. I expect him to blow up in football as well at QB.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 06, 2016, 09:19:37 am
Jaden Hill of Ashdown hit 92 this weekend. He is quickly becoming the top in state player in the 2018 class.  Could also play 3rd base as he has a big bat.  Arkansas offered a few weeks ago. I expect him to blow up in football as well at QB.

Hit, and work are two different things, what's his average FB?

PorkRyan

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 09:59:05 am
Hit, and work are two different things, what's his average FB?

He was working 88-90 this weekend. 

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 06, 2016, 10:44:03 am
He was working 88-90 this weekend. 

Way more important than what your hardest pitch registered.

ucahogfan

The Hogs pick up their fifth commit in the 2018 class tonight in Chicago area C Chase Stanke.  He continues a surge in the number of players we are getting out of the Chicago area. He is the #2 ranked player in Illinois by PBR for 2018 and is known as an offensively minded catcher from the left side.  Excited to see him pick Arkansas and hope he makes it to campus.

PorkRyan

We are stocking up on catchers. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 06, 2016, 09:56:36 pm
And high level catchers at that who are more offensive minded. I really like seeing that. It's been a while since we've had solid offensive production from the catching position.

Pig Papi

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 06, 2016, 09:56:36 pm

Catchers are tough and are gamers.  Some of these kids will not catch (at least not exclusively) when they get here.  We need to infuse some toughness throughout our roster.  They are on a handful of other catchers in the 2018 and 2019 classes as well.

hogwild04

With Cole Turney out of the 2017 from Houston area, there is a kind of unknown commit in Bryce Bonnin Short Stop Barbers Hill HS (Houston Area).  Has no PG info since 3 years ago which would had been 8th grade.  But in Baseball Factory( Under Armour) stats he has Raw Velo 95 mph (nations best for 2017), Exit Velo, bat speed 95 MPH( 6th best),  Touching 94 off mound though not listed as a pitcher, ran a 6.8 60. Lots of post dist honors,Looks to have 5 tools, 6'1 180lbs.  Will see.  Cole Turney finished the season as his Dist MVP, hitting 6 bombs and 3 being grand slams, hope draft next year leaves him alone. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: hogwild04 on June 07, 2016, 12:49:42 pm
With Cole Turney out of the 2017 from Houston area, there is a kind of unknown commit in Bryce Bonnin Short Stop Barbers Hill HS (Houston Area).  Has no PG info since 3 years ago which would had been 8th grade.  But in Baseball Factory( Under Armour) stats he has Raw Velo 95 mph (nations best for 2017), Exit Velo, bat speed 95 MPH( 6th best),  Touching 94 off mound though not listed as a pitcher, ran a 6.8 60. Lots of post dist honors,Looks to have 5 tools, 6'1 180lbs.  Will see.  Cole Turney finished the season as his Dist MVP, hitting 6 bombs and 3 being grand slams, hope draft next year leaves him alone.
That is great to hear about Bonnin. Maybe he could be a two way player for us like Cox and Eibner were.  Sounds like we have a good one committed.

I really hope we get Turney. He would be the best player to come to Arkansas maybe in the history of our program.  He is probably going to be a top 5-10 in 2017 unless he is dead set on coming to Arkansas.

hogwild04

Turney is the real deal.  I believe he can be seen playing on the Under Armour All-American game in a couple of months at Wriggly on TV. 

ucahogfan

bulldog04

I wonder if we have a shot. Very good OF that will get some interest from pro teams
https://twitter.com/j_pearson2/status/744892733475553280

Razrpig256

Quote from: bulldog04 on June 20, 2016, 01:19:55 pm
I wonder if we have a shot. Very good OF that will get some interest from pro teams
https://twitter.com/j_pearson2/status/744892733475553280

Looks like he already committed to LSU