Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Renovated Stadium Computer Generated Fly-through

Started by Michael_E_Davis, September 19, 2017, 04:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

HogFaninMemphis

That's cool. Somewhat on topic, does the completion of the end zone mean they'll soon finally make the exterior of the west side look decent to match the rest of it?
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

GunnerHawg70

Dude, that's slick!!!  One thing, I know CBB has a lot invested personal touches in this build...Hopefully he finishes strong to see this completed and use as another recruiting tool to WOW recruits and their parents.  Way to go Arkansas!!!

TX HOG

Really nice. Who were the big donors for that?

Now, we need to get back to a winning tradition

userpick

I'm glad they decided to show what that section of new seating will actually look like after we go 4-8 this year.

jgphillips3

God that hole looks awful.  I wish they had at least enclosed it with glass or something. 

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 19, 2017, 06:11:38 pm
God that hole looks awful.  I wish they had at least enclosed it with glass or something. 
agree completely. I liked it at the time because of the whole tradition thing, but I agree now that it should've been filled in. You can't see a ton through the hole anyway.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

zane

I wish I wasn't poor and could get one of those boxes.

The whole deal looks really slick. Even the hole doesn't bother me.
RIP LSUfan

GunnerHawg70

man, people will find anything to complain about...It was a cool artist rendering that may or may not be to scale.  If you're forking out the dough to get on that level then save your cash so you won't have to look at the hole...my goodness  ::)

jgphillips3

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 20, 2017, 09:19:09 am
man, people will find anything to complain about...It was a cool artist rendering that may or may not be to scale.  If you're forking out the dough to get on that level then save your cash so you won't have to look at the hole...my goodness  ::)

If I was fussing about some minor aesthetic detail, I get you.  However, I was worried what that hole was going to look like and this rendering, showing no structural elements in the hole at all, when you could have had, say, clear glass panels with a big red Razorback in there or something to complete the bowl and a walkway over or something, shows it to be just as defective looking as I feared it would be. 

Godfather

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 19, 2017, 06:11:38 pm

Where can you see this in the video?  What are you talking about?
WPS to the end.

elviscat

Let the high rollers put butts in all the other seats in the stadium, with our poor program.

Locutus_of_Boar

"Several Menu Options"

Guess Jeff intends we should find out just how many different ways there are to eat crow in RRS.

HogFoo

I like it.  And the "hole" and some seem to complain about isn't that bad as I thought it'd be.  I mean there is 2 big rows of seats which will bowl in some sound.  It already has if you were at the game.. you heard the Doink! When Hedlund got the upost on the FG try. Haha..   but yeah, the look down view isn't there.. now it'll be a look out view.  Which that's fine..  In a perfect world, I'd love to have made that "hole even smaller, but apparently there will be more vendors that will fill up that space.. they still could have achieved that  and enclosed it more. Perhaps put some big doors to allow trailers to be pulled in.  I don't know..  they could have built a facade to at least make it from the outside look bowled in, and then from the inside could have kept the standing room area.   I don't know.  It looks good.  I'll withhold my final verdict until it's completed.  Eventually I wouldn't doubt sometime in the future (next 10 yrs)if they did fully bowl it in.. no "hole" at all.     
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

AirWarren

HogFoo

Quote from: AP85 on September 20, 2017, 03:59:48 pm
Hype train keeping the blinders on.
can't really go wrong with the renovations.. bring more money in... the stadium looks extremely nice, future recruits love it.. as does their families... state of the art everything.. if some can't see how this can help with recruiting then don't known what to tell ya....

What I don't understand is how people want to b*tch over everything.  When all ya gotta do is just step back and look at how everything unfolded.      Petrino goes in ditch, we get smiley to step in... which was the biggest mistake in the history of football hires!  A team that was used to being disciplined all of a sudden now is just let loose... I knew we were in trouble when I saw a picture of team photo and everyone was all cutting up and one kid did the horns behind JL.smith.   which the product that was put out on the field that season showed how bad it was.  Of course that while staff didn't recruit that year either.. so we lose a year there...  we hire Bielema with what 3weeks to go before signing period??  Thankfully he was able to land a few good athletes in the class.  But really if we are being honest we don't count that class since Bielema only had like a few weeks ..  So , really, if we are being honest, this may be year 5 technically, but it probably should just be counted as year 4.    And then, if we want to count the next big problem.  We lose Randy shannon, who then goes to UF and takes with him some recruits he was working on down to UF.  Th en we lose Pittman, which to me was the biggest blow.  That loss set us back big time!  I've said it many many times.  In a Bielema team, the absolute most important position is the OLine coach.  We had the supposed best of the best.  He got us top recruits at the position.  And then he leaves cuz we fired his buttbuddy Chaney who goes to UGA.   I believe had we not lost Pittman, we would probably have been averaging 10win seasons already!  But when Pittman leaves, we lose out on OLine guys we were in, like that Bolles kid for example that went to Utah and ended up being the #1 OL player drafted in NFL.  Sure could have used him at Arkansas.  We probably would have kept Kirkland around another year if we hadn't lost Pittman.       Which, if we had been able to have hired the next best OLine coach , we probably would have been ok.  But instead, we get some complete unknown guy with only 7games exp as a coach.    I still don't understand how this happens.  The guy had no reputation as any kind of recruiter, let alone as a coach, and we hire him to take over the most important position under Bielema.  If Bielema has done one thing wrongbsince being here, it was hiring Anderson as OL coach!   Because there has been absolutely no improvement!  We have 3 highly rated 4* guys sitting the bench!  In their place we have 2 walking and a former DLine guy starting???   Give me a break!  I guarantee had Pittman stayed or if we had got a quality top 5 OLine coach/recruiter, one of those 3 maybe all of them would be starting!  And our OLine woes would be non existent!  Anyways..   there are reasons we are where we are at, and not all of them are Bielema's fault..  some can be fixed quite easily... Like getting rid of Anderson and hiring someone who is much better coach/recruiter!  That would solve most of Bielema's problems in a hurry!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The_Iceman

Looks amazing! Boxes are sold out already. Gonna make our stadium one of the nicest in the country.

3kgthog

Waste of money on a 6 win program and my opinion on it hasn't changed. This would be needed in 15 years but not now. I suspect some folks might be canceling their orders soon.

We should be throwing all our money behind basketball and baseball. Those two programs actually have a statistically realistic shot of winning big. Football won't even win an SEC title in my lifetime.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 21, 2017, 07:45:14 am
Waste of money on a 6 win program and my opinion on it hasn't changed. This would be needed in 15 years but not now. I suspect some folks might be canceling their orders soon.

We should be throwing all our money behind basketball and baseball. Those two programs actually have a statistically realistic shot of winning big. Football won't even win an SEC title in my lifetime.

In 2014 we won 7 games.  In 2015  we won 8 games.   In 2016 we won 7 games.   And, unless you are somehow psychic, you don't know what this season's record will end up being.   So,  what do you mean a 6 win program?   I wish people would stop being negative just to be negative.  Can't we all agree, at least, that the stadium is going to look nice?  jeez.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Tusks

Is this video one of the reasons Long is such an awesome AD?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 21, 2017, 12:14:17 pm
In 2014 we won 7 games.  In 2015  we won 8 games.   In 2016 we won 7 games.   And, unless you are somehow psychic, you don't know what this season's record will end up being.   So,  what do you mean a 6 win program?   I wish people would stop being negative just to be negative.  Can't we all agree, at least, that the stadium is going to look nice?  jeez.
Hahahahaha!!! C'mon, you should realize anything positive on HV will have the usual suspects throw negativity out there...Minnesota GG's w/new HBC Fleck are not gonna win much but they have totally renovated the entire athletic facilities.  Not saying Hogs and Golden Gopher's are in the same category but it's all about the fan experience, putting butts in seat with the latest technology and impressing future recruits that will be wow'd by the bells and whistles.  I swear some folks just want the Hogs to live in days of plastic Kelly helmets and steel movable bleachers...LOL :P