Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aggies favored by 3

Started by ke2743, September 18, 2017, 01:33:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbackAlways

jkstock04

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 18, 2017, 09:37:43 am
Both teams made costly mistakes.  TCU's center rolled the ball on a shotgun snap and we recovered when they were on our 2 or 3 yard line.  That probably cost them a TD, so if you're going to "what if" it could easily have been at least 35-7.
This is why I never liked the "we're so close" or "what if" game. Good teams find ways to win close games.

Bielema echoed and emphasized the we are so close line today in his press conference. Sounded eerily similar to a past coach we've had here.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RebHog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 08:52:33 am
The loss was very explainable. The Hogs were actually the better team but made way too many mistakes resulting in a loss.

the last 2 TCU TD's scored on a defense that was exhausted due to being left on the field too long by an offense that wasn't getting it done made the result look worse than it really was. The 28-7 score is not indicative of how close the game really was.

You watched a different game then I did. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. You talked about hogs mistakes TCU left a lot of points on the field.

jawhog

Unless BBC can put a little get up & go in this HOG team is will be another long evening.

Muskliketusk

That's free money playing the Hogs. We'll win by 2 scores easy.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Swestwill66

Dirty

Close first half but Aggies win by 14

arlhog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 08:23:20 am
The Aggies aren't as good as TCU and haven't been all year. The Hogs should have beaten TCU.
In who's world should we have beaten tcu?    That game should have been 42-7.   They didn't play well at all and killed us. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 18, 2017, 07:52:26 am
Unfortunately you could say the same about us and CBB... maybe this week starts the climb upward.... there's still time but the window is getting smaller every game....

I'm just really concerned about a loss, afraid it could make these last two week's of ranting look mild.... the worm has turned for the press and many fans... any further ship jumping could make for a dumpster fire comparable to any we've seen before....

If we lose next week, I may just take a hiatus from HV for quite a while...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

RedRazorHog

"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

MissippHog

Quote from: ke2743 on September 18, 2017, 09:13:16 am
Bert moved up to a #5 on the hot seat rankings.  AFTER A BYE WEEK!!! 

What's that say?
They read Hogville too?

FraggleHog

Hogs now a 2.5 point favorite... So I guess not everyone reads Hogville to get insight for their betting.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

cosmodrum

Quote from: ke2743 on September 18, 2017, 09:13:16 am
Bert moved up to a #5 on the hot seat rankings.  AFTER A BYE WEEK!!! 

What's that say?

Bye covered the spread?
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

I see two teams that will play bad football and talent will ultimately prevail.

Close game through 3.5 qtrs, and Aggies pull away.
Go away, batin'

hogcard1964

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 19, 2017, 11:51:35 am
Hogs now a 2.5 point favorite... So I guess not everyone reads Hogville to get insight for their betting.

Which means there's a lot of big "smart" money on the Hogs.  A good indication of a probable win.  This is the exact opposite of what happened with our TCU game.  We opened up as 3 point favs and by game time TCU was at -2.5 to -3.

I like it!

RME

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 19, 2017, 11:51:35 am

Where are you seeing this?

HF#1

If they use their RB's effectively, they will absolutely boat race us. If they let Mond sling it all over the field, our chances of winning improve.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on September 19, 2017, 12:09:55 pm
If they use their RB's effectively, they will absolutely boat race us. If they let Mond sling it all over the field, our chances of winning improve.

Mond is NOT capable of slinging it.

widespreadsooie

Take the points, Hogs win. My guess is the reason we aren't favored is because we've lost this game 5 times straight. A&M is the dumpster fire of CFB right now and they're already pushing Sumlin out.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 19, 2017, 12:03:22 pm
Which means there's a lot of big "smart" money on the Hogs.  A good indication of a probable win.  This is the exact opposite of what happened with our TCU game.  We opened up as 3 point favs and by game time TCU was at -2.5 to -3.

I like it!

Chill. It's moved a half point.

swinemaster

I don't bet on the Hogs.  Try to keep emotion out of my decisions.  But I'm feeling very emotional that we are also a dumpster fire.  Just with less talent and no kicking game.  Aggies cover.

razorhead94

Hogs are favored by 2.5 on ESPN.com game summary
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

widespreadsooie

Quote from: swinemaster on September 19, 2017, 12:22:52 pm
I don't bet on the Hogs.  Try to keep emotion out of my decisions.  But I'm feeling very emotional that we are also a dumpster fire.  Just with less talent and no kicking game.  Aggies cover.

At least our coach has internal support.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HF#1 on September 19, 2017, 12:09:55 pm

I have a feeling he runs all over us. You know, running QBs and whatnot.
Go away, batin'

DLUXHOG

Quote from: RebHog on September 18, 2017, 06:31:26 pm
You watched a different game then I did. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. You talked about hogs mistakes TCU left a lot of points on the field.

so... did... the.... HOGS.... a lot....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

FraggleHog

DLUXHOG

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 19, 2017, 01:29:40 pm

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
TV: CBSC, DTV: 221

09/23 12:00 PM
393 Arkansas
394 Texas AM   
56½u-10
-3 -10     
55u-10
-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     
55u-10
-2½ -08   

Picks
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

FraggleHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 19, 2017, 01:34:27 pm
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
TV: CBSC, DTV: 221

09/23 12:00 PM
393 Arkansas
394 Texas AM   
56½u-10
-3 -10     
55u-10
-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     

-2½ -10     
55u-10
-2½ -08   

Picks

Interesting... Obviously ESPN's handicapping source isn't in alignment with Vegas. My opinion is I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole. I'm sure irrational Aggie fans are saying to "bet your house on the Hogs" and irrational Hog fans (Hogville) are saying to "bet your house on the Aggies". No one really knows what's going to happen in this game...

SWarkansasman

So how do we win this one?  How could we have any confidence seeing and knowing what TCU did to us?
A&M is far better than folks are giving them credit for.  They win by 3 TDs easy.

Dionysos25

WE ARE GONNA BRING THE RECIPE... FOR SOME HOG DELIGHT! ..
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

FraggleHog

Quote from: Dionysos25 on September 19, 2017, 02:29:09 pm
WE ARE GONNA BRING THE RECIPE... FOR SOME HOG DELIGHT! ..

Eddie in Clarksville... is that you??

hobhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 19, 2017, 12:34:51 pm
I have a feeling he runs all over us. You know, running QBs and whatnot.

Our defense did their job against TCU. If we can frustrate Mond early I like our chances.

We are BEYOND due a break or two.......

carolinahogger

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 18, 2017, 07:42:07 am
  ...not to mention Sumlin literally has one foot out 'the door.

Figuratively.

hobhog

Quote from: SWarkansasman on September 19, 2017, 02:21:35 pm
So how do we win this one?  How could we have any confidence seeing and knowing what TCU did to us?
A&M is far better than folks are giving them credit for.  They win by 3 TDs easy.

A&M is as fragile, if not more, than Hogs are right now.......

razorsharptusk

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 18, 2017, 05:42:50 am
THey win by 10 plus, take the Aggies.

This!

Our defense did play well, but you can't deny that at the end of the game, you seen a different defense.  Tired, pissed, who knows why they allowed TCU into the end zone so many times within a short amount of time.  But now the whole table has turned in the last two weeks.  They see the unhappiness of the fan base and how many want the HC gone.   Some say they do not pay attention to this stuff, I believe they do.  They may come out strong, but at the first sign of adversity, it seems they shut down.  It has happened so many times you can read the body language of the players.  This will fuel TAMU and when it does, they will score at will.

GO HOGS!!

HawgsPolo

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 09:20:01 am
The Hogs were the better team against TCU but didn't play like the better team.

"The best team doesn't always win the game"

I can agree to those, but let's be honest here BB hardly ever wins SEC games. He needs to win this game or the plane will start flying.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!