Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Signing Period???

Started by CollinsvilleHawg, November 11, 2008, 07:54:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CollinsvilleHawg

I read today in the Tulsa World that today is the start of the early signing period for football???  Is this true?  If so, how long does it run and do we anticipate signing any early?  I would love to lock up most of the guys committed before someone else pursuades them to go somewhere else.

Thoughts?

razerbacker

I think basketball early signing period is comming up, but there is no early signing period for football at this time. Maybe they were talking about transfers?

CollinsvilleHawg

I know they were discussing it at the SEC meetings this year, but I did not know if they had implemented it yet.  I read it twice, because I did not beleive it.  And it was under a little column titled College Football.   ???

CollinsvilleHawg

I apologize for wasting peoples time...i found it out...tomorrow is the early signing period for basketball...that is what i get for beleiving the Tulsa World...

Sport Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
Basketball (Early Period)  November 12, 2008  November 19, 2008 
Football (Midyear JC Transfer)  December 17, 2008  January 15, 2009 
Football (Regular Period)  February 4, 2009  April 1, 2009 
Field Hockey, Soccer, Track and Field, Cross Country, Men's Water Polo (Regular Period)  February 4, 2009  August 1, 2009 
All Other Sports (Early Period)  November 12, 2008  November 19, 2008 
All Other Sports (Regular Period)  April 8, 2009  August 1, 2009 
Basketball (Regular Period)  April 15, 2009  May 20, 2009 

hog_fan

Quote from: CollinsvilleHawg on November 11, 2008, 08:04:30 pm
I know they were discussing it at the SEC meetings this year, but I did not know if they had implemented it yet.  I read it twice, because I did not beleive it.  And it was under a little column titled College Football.   ???

Write them and tell them they are idiots and should be fired for getting something so basic wrong. It is basketball not Football.